GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Twentington wrote:I'm getting much enjoyment out of this channel as I've said, I'm in fantasy land at the moment, I think Marcus and Mike are trolling us on a grand scale (front line net observation research)

some of the uploads on that channel are gold, some of the commenting accounts look to be equally hilarious

https://youtube.com/channel/UCVdlHSD_r0L5kkCzTLlEvRQ

I have no evidence to support this other than the uurrgh video with Whitney Houston, but I wouldnt be surprised if the bros have trolled us with fakes and nonsense a lot over the last decade, and fair play to them, we get obsessive about them and borderline probe their privacy and they get to warp our minds with amazing looking fake cassette sleeves, poorly edited memes and a bunch of dud YouTube channels that drive the fans crazy

Take this post with a pinch of salt anyway, I know I'm living in fantasy land over here drinking my boc slurpy juice remixes, I've got to keep entertained somehow until something serious comes into the light

I agree about the BoC trolling thing, but I know the person who runs this account and, alas, they are not boc. :lol:
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
Happy Page 900 everybody!

Posts Quantity
Page number 900. Ok.
900 pages devoted to one single question: when are The Bros going to release a new album?

The year is coming to an end and I feel the same way as in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020: Total lack of any new albums by The Bros and there is a small feeling of hope regarding 2022. Same feeling that I had in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017.

In a way, this feeling is provoked by you guys, because I sometimes drop by and read you and some of your theories.

I think that it might be fun to make "bets". Each of us give a prediction, either a month and a year or simply a year. We can bring mathematical theories too.

It would have been better to write this post in 2017 just to see how mistaken we were about the predictions we made.

If you like the idea I can create a post.

Boqurant
The Spaniard wrote:Page number 900. Ok.
900 pages devoted to one single question: when are The Bros going to release a new album?

The year is coming to an end and I feel the same way as in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020: Total lack of any new albums by The Bros and there is a small feeling of hope regarding 2022. Same feeling that I had in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017.

In a way, this feeling is provoked by you guys, because I sometimes drop by and read you and some of your theories.

I think that it might be fun to make "bets". Each of us give a prediction, either a month and a year or simply a year. We can bring mathematical theories too.

It would have been better to write this post in 2017 just to see how mistaken we were about the predictions we made.

I'm sure somewhere in this 900 page behemoth there are people making such bets through each of these cycles.
Of those page, I wonder how many were devoted to people trying to guess what numeric code the brothers would latch onto?

Part of the problem of these old message boards is that they all eventually turn into unkempt rabbit holes. A tagging feature would be such a godsend to this place, but alas, such is the price of using an archaic web1.0 solution.

Dayvan Cowboy
Remember, this thread started even before the release of TH. So it sounds strange to call it new release thread. The new release after new release was released. Imagine also if it would be put behind lock after the 2013?

Happy Cycler
the pre / post TH dividing line occurs on page 424. Believe it or not this thread went silent for over a year. May 28th 2013 - December 5th 2014.

Oh how young and naive we all were.

Eagle Minded
Why do we all want to consume one another?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zjl-sVzAbE

Dayvan Cowboy
The Spaniard wrote:Page number 900. Ok.

I'm all for this. I'll bet my dollar :P

If we take into account it being at the record plant, according to Jamieboy, then there's no way it can't be released in either 22 or 23. But being the resident pollyanna i'll be sure to go with 22 for my bet.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:the pre / post TH dividing line occurs on page 424. Believe it or not this thread went silent for over a year. May 28th 2013 - December 5th 2014.

Oh how young and naive we all were.

Yeah. And back then, we had MDG telling us straight up "a new album is coming out and it will be released in 2010."

2010 came and went, then 2011, and then all of 2012. Early 2013, three years after MDG's original projected release date, the mood was very dark and pessimistic. Lots of people were sure the record had fallen through and would never come out.

April 19 was total hopelessness. And then on April 20, it happened.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Yeah. And back then, we had MDG telling us straight up "a new album is coming out and it will be released in 2010."

2010 came and went, then 2011, and then all of 2012. Early 2013, three years after MDG's original projected release date, the mood was very dark and pessimistic. Lots of people were sure the record had fallen through and would never come out.

April 19 was total hopelessness. And then on April 20, it happened.

This is the number one reason why I don't believe in numerology anymore. The album will come when it comes. Much like the remixes did. They simply drop when they're finished and ready to go.

As I said before: my window of prediction from now on is the next two years since the record is supposedly done. But, rumor has it that our good friend Adele is clogging the record plants and preventing other smaller artists from being released. Until then, the BOC records are rolling in the deep.

And I actually don't mind Adele, but between some ok but overplayed soul pop and a new mind-trip courtesy of the bros, it's no contest.

Eagle Minded
She clogged the airwaves for years rolling in the deep pits of failed relationships, why not clog something else up.

Happy Cycler
Dude, you're getting Adele.

Posts Quantity
I'm wondering what an Olson (Version 1) could be like. The Peel Session EP implies there was a version of it significantly different from the MHTRTC version was made before the release. I'm just gonna guess it's some sort of song they made in between BoC Maxima and Aquarius.
Fly!

Dayvan Cowboy
sandrail wrote:I'm wondering what an Olson (Version 1) could be like. The Peel Session EP implies there was a version of it significantly different from the MHTRTC version was made before the release. I'm just gonna guess it's some sort of song they made in between BoC Maxima and Aquarius.

My best guess would be "1986 Summer Fire"
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:She clogged the airwaves for years rolling in the deep pits of failed relationships, why not clog something else up.

Between this and the "removing shuffle play off Spotify," I wouldn't be surprised if the world has reached peak Adele.

Unless her hits being played endlessly this whole decade already drove you to madness :lol:

Eagle Minded
I hope BoC order the removal of advertisements on all streaming platforms for the new record.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Boqurant
What do you think about this yt channel?

https://youtube.com/channel/UC6rrWLhfBx5050j_sTLlUrA

Doesn't sound like BoC but it's weird someone is continuously releasing new music although basically he has been ignored.

Dayvan Cowboy
dolochov wrote:What do you think about this yt channel?

https://youtube.com/channel/UC6rrWLhfBx5050j_sTLlUrA

Doesn't sound like BoC but it's weird someone is continuously releasing new music although basically he has been ignored.

PerniciousKnid is a member here
https://twoism.org/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4873
props to him/her because the music is fantastic! :)

anyone heard of cosmo bloom?
This person has been uploading their own music every couple of hours on their channel for about a year. There must be about 50+ albums now!

(cosmo bloom had quite a lot more music that seems to have disappeared since i last checked)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9LKI4NufujKnoVEf0751Q/featured

Posts Quantity
Adele might have pressed a lot of vinyl records for her last album, but it seems that all these other artists were able to release their records in the month of November.

(https://genius.com/a/every-album-release-in-november-2021)

Edit: post number 222.

Posts Quantity
For any of you using Spotify, don't use it. It contains ads and DRM, while paying artists a microscopic fraction of it's CEO's wage. Bleep exists. Also, don't pirate shit from indie labels either.
Fly!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada