GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
you guys should go outside and get some sun

Dayvan Cowboy
ParticleGhost wrote:you guys should go outside and get some sun

It certainly is lovely weather right now, I went for a country walk this morning. Played some Vashti Bunyan, that lady is highly recommended for sweltering springtime sunshine.

Also, I know you were being sarcastic but I never stopped going outside. Do you take us for hermits? :wink:

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

It is lovely weather, went for a country walk this morning. Played some Vashti Bunyan, that lady is highly recommended for sweltering springtime sunshine.

Also, I know you were being sarcastic but I never stopped going outside. Do you take us for hermits? :wink:

Well, maybe just a little ;)

Posts Quantity
it's easy for everything to seem bad in current times because we have never had the ability to be aware of (and stream live from a device we keep in our pockets) all the insanity occurring around the globe.

i'm not saying there is any shortage of negativity or bad shit happening, but i will say i believe there is more positivity in the world than there ever has been, and more and more people become aware of it every day.

sure, the war between awareness, truth and censorship can be frightening, but that is just inevitable human nature playing out. chimp-like tribalism.

just because things are chaotic and overwhelming doesn't mean they aren't getting better.
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
The world has always been like this; we just have a faster connection to it. The largest problem is that the biggest news outlets and social media platforms feed and thrive off of negativity, and actively encourage it, because that's what brings in the most money.

Nowadays you just have to do you best to ignore it and do what you want to. BoC was wrong; the internet isn't evil, the current profiteers are.

BoC's next release isn't going to save us... It won't be a beacon of light in a dark world... It'll be a short distraction, which is all we need. It's all we can do, distract ourselves.

This isn't supposed to be a doomer post btw, the world has always been kind of shitty and the fact that it's always been this way is somewhat comforting to me. It's no one's fault and we can't do anything about it so there's no point stressing over it. Plus. we live in one of the best times in human history anyways...

BoC is entertainment and entertainment is just a distraction. Go be distracted. Listen to Under The Coke Sign or something idk whatever.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Friendly Stranger
Negamuse wrote:Terence McKenna was astute in some ways but in others he was repeating what other people had been saying for centuries, and he spent way too long looking for essential truth in purely internal avenues through psychedelics and trying to manifest them into universally meaningful concepts. It's telling that when it came to this language failed him... did we really learn anything more about the world because of what he wrote about those trips?

I think this was the most profound thing that Terence said and it was about Christ. Whether Christ was from God I have no idea? All I think I know is that he wasn't himself. Many theories of today suggest he could have been schizophrenic. Certainly from what i've heard with schizophrenia is a perception of reality that is no longer random for the person experiencing it. Surrounded by lost ghosts. Did Jesus know what he was doing? Was he compelled or was he the ultimate narcissist to the point he just forgot himself. Whatever and whoever he was he's left a mark on the world (that yes, was exploited by the power elite of the day).

It's really no different to what goes on today really. Especially with certain celebrity individuals. There is always someone more intelligent or with more power, to take such a person and use them for their own selfish agenda. Not that I believe an inventor should be overly rewarded for his/her prize to the world. The gift of giving should be something that can and should be something we can all do no matter how big, clever, fit, intelligent we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzmeBkrBcOU&t=33565s

Dayvan Cowboy
Sometimes it's easy to forget that behind these forum account profiles are real people. Count it up, over four thousand have decided to join this little forum. Astounding.
You could fill a small town with us. :lol:

Hey. You. We love you all.

- Sincerely, that voice inside your head who talks when you read stuff.
Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Thu May 12, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eagle Minded
y'all are real? I'm just a collection of automated AI-generated responses...

Beep boop, resume waiting for bocy plox.

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't know where else I'd put this but any Irish Boccers may be interested.
Beyond the pale 2022:

Even got two of my dream lineup, even if it isn't actually BoC playing 8)
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:I don't know where else I'd put this but any Irish Boccers may be interested.
Beyond the pale 2022:

Orbital, Molchat Doma and William Basinski in the same lineup?!

Yeah, I'd go. :wink:

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:I don't know where else I'd put this but any Irish Boccers may be interested.
Beyond the pale 2022:

ELAINE MAI
TOSHIN
BYRON WALLEN JAZZ ENSEMBLE
performs
BOARDS OF CANADA

i see what they did there. :x :lol:
yes, i would love to be free!

Friendly Stranger
Not sure if this has been brought up before but I think their presence in a zine begs the question of how many people have tried to get in contact with them post-TH to do an interview.

Dayvan Cowboy
vapordracula wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up before but I think their presence in a zine begs the question of how many people have tried to get in contact with them post-TH to do an interview.

Only Pitchfork and Warp records succeeded post Harvest
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
The sheer boldness of this independent barely known zine to, on issue 3, think “Hey, we should contact Boards of Canada. They’ll do an interview, right?” makes me laugh. Props to them for succeeding.

Boqurant

Yeah planning too this Saturday.

So much work this week, really gotta slow this life down. Maybe get a good "Farewell stupid work week!" fire going in the pit. I like looking at the fire until I'm seeing through red, blootshot eyes and it really brings this moment of clarity I guess

Sherbet Head
Anybody know what happened to Electro drop? Can't find it on YouTube anymore.. Its on Spotify but it won't let me play it :/

Boqurant
babylulu wrote:The sheer boldness of this independent barely known zine to, on issue 3, think “Hey, we should contact Boards of Canada. They’ll do an interview, right?” makes me laugh. Props to them for succeeding.

Well we don’t know if they’ve succeeded yet. Any of us could publish a zine and have “Boards of Canada” on the cover. It’s possible to write an article about the band without them having any involvement.

Hopefully there’s more to it than that but we don’t know for certain.

Eagle Minded
In unrelated news, guys check out my new exclusive magazine that features boards of canada on the cover!!!!

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:In unrelated news, guys check out my new exclusive magazine that features boards of canada on the cover!!!!

id buy that

Eagle Minded
What do those symbols mean though. I have raging clue right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada