GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Nah, I feel you. There is still a glimmer of hope, but things are looking pretty grim for a release. Hopefully we are only a few months away!

Yeah after seeing that track list, like I said I hope there are other discs because that is a pretty sad amount of music for some “major 30th anniversary” release.... I just don’t understand why BoC can’t have even a more modest presence on Warp’s platform, the whole reclusive business is actually getting frustrating at this point haha

Dayvan Cowboy
^Soul_Slip Precisely. Christ's two most recent albums were self released. Before that, it was Parallax, Benbecula and Hypercat records according to wiki. Why would he be performing at Warp's 30th, alongside being listed as Ex-Boards on the bill?

Mozart, yeah. It isn't looking as probable as it was a few hours ago, but I am going to see what happens tonight and tomorrow just in case. Soul_Slip is right also, there can't only be one disc for something as big as Warp30. I think the label in that image covers the disc number perhaps. Still hope yet.

Posts Quantity
Gotta admit that I've been feeling a bit pessimistic since yesterday oh well... but agreed looking at this CD I don't think it will be the only one since the past anniversaries did get multiple releases. Something like "Warp20 Unheard" would be great.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:^Soul_Slip Precisely. Christ's two most recent albums were self released. Before that, it was Parallax, Benbecula and Hypercat records according to wiki. Why would he be performing at Warp's 30th, alongside being listed as Ex-Boards on the bill?

Mozart, yeah. It isn't looking as probable as it was a few hours ago, but I am going to see what happens tonight and tomorrow just in case. Soul_Slip is right also, there can't only be one disc for something as big as Warp30. I think the label in that image covers the disc number perhaps. Still hope yet.

I have a feeling that if they are not on this release that maybe that guy was right... maybe they are doing something on their own to commemorate Warp30... hopefully an album, EP or even a limited tour... TH interviews indicated that they were practicing quite a bit so my hopes are there.. I am not in the camp that believes they are over though... they have released way too much during TH and subsequent years after... especially with “Sometimes” remix... that was fresh and reminded me of MHTRTC x Campfire Headphase 100%
I really hope we get an album in that vein haha... more MBVish

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:I really hope we get an album in that vein haha... more MBVish

BoC/MBV collaboration album would be my fondest dream despite the fact it would likely never happen.

2013 was amazing for that though, a new MBV album in the spring and a new BoC album in the summer.
I was ecstatic.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:I really hope we get an album in that vein haha... more MBVish

BoC/MBV collaboration album would be my fondest dream despite the fact it would likely never happen.

2013 was amazing for that though, a new MBV album in the spring and a new BoC album in the summer.
I was ecstatic.
yes!!! I 100% wish that would happen ha

Posts Quantity
is it finally time to come out of our fallout shelters?

Dayvan Cowboy
tvsr wrote:is it finally time to come out of our fallout shelters?

Give it another few hours just to be sure. I think it was a false alarm, but there are rumors that they are planning to level an entire city by dropping an album on June 9th.

Eagle Minded
Return to the bunkers.

preparation for a dive.

Dayvan Cowboy
What was with the downtime just now?
A very coincidental time for such a thing to happen.

Dayvan Cowboy
Did anyone else have issues for around an hour?
I used proxies/ tried pinging the site etc and the result was all packets lost.

As it is now June 9th in the UK and the "very special guest" would have been having their set around that time if we are to assume it would be later into the night, I was wondering if it had something to do with that. Unlikely, though.

Eagle Minded
I was also having connection issues
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
^ That's strange. It wasn't just me.
Anyway, June 9th is still young, but that optimism in terms of a happening has faded somewhat. If BoC were the special guests last night/ earlier this morning, we would have heard no end of it I suppose. Unless they were throwing NDA's around like candy which is extremely unlikely, but an amusing mental image nonetheless.

Still hopeful that something has either approached or reached completion and that it is just a matter of time, though.
Of all the dates to chose, June 9th was a real teaser in that respect.

Posts Quantity
We'll just have to keep loyally waiting, and when the day comes we'll throw a big party in here. :)
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
I look forward to it :mrgreen:

Posts Quantity
Right back into the bunker.

Eagle Minded
Has the full Warp30 album come out yet? Complete with track listing and number of discs? If that was all they did then that was pretty lame ha The only thing that I think would even be remotely cool from this so far is to see Christ. live in concert. Plaid is cool but they tour all of the time. It really would have been awesome if BoC would have done something.... the day is still somewhat young so I hope so. Someone should contact that Warp guy who said he received that response from warp... a little skeptical at this point.... he should screen shot that email for everyone for confirmation

Eagle Minded
Soul_Slip wrote:Has the full Warp30 album come out yet? Complete with track listing and number of discs? If that was all they did then that was pretty lame ha The only thing that I think would even be remotely cool from this so far is to see Christ. live in concert. Plaid is cool but they tour all of the time. It really would have been awesome if BoC would have done something.... the day is still somewhat young so I hope so. Someone should contact that Warp guy who said he received that response from warp... a little skeptical at this point.... he should screen shot that email for everyone for confirmation

No way it’s over, I definitely expect a bigger release (with some BoC included) coming closer to the actual anniversary.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
^ Kreide, that edit is beautiful hahaha.
I love all of the small nuanced details.

Also, when is the actual date of the Warp anniversary?

Eagle Minded
Back to square one >.>

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada