GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I've never doubted they were working on something. Between their TH era interviews saying that they have no plans to stop making music and that TH was "just a continuation," their social media activity, PIC's "sit tight," and the remixes clearly showing that they're still active, there's plenty of evidence.

You won't find anyone more skeptical of the wild theories and speculation than me, but even I think it's a matter of when, not if.

Happy Cycler

Friendly Stranger
New Lone and BADBADNOTGOOD to release in October, if BoC did too my head might explode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I've never doubted they were working on something. Between their TH era interviews saying that they have no plans to stop making music and that TH was "just a continuation," their social media activity, PIC's "sit tight," and the remixes clearly showing that they're still active, there's plenty of evidence.

You won't find anyone more skeptical of the wild theories and speculation than me, but even I think it's a matter of when, not if.

1,000,000%
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:One thing BoC got us all doing is questioning everything. I mean EVER VERY THING... They know they've started something. t's all anyone could ever do in life. Skimming stones. 4 DRY GRAMS IN SILENT DARKNESS and you'll hear all the BoC YOU NEED. They knew this WAY back. Try it

I also enjoyed their overall honesty from the last album. It felt both, something very near to you and new, almost forgotten.

Posts Quantity
KoA wrote:New Lone and BADBADNOTGOOD to release in October, if BoC did too my head might explode

Nice to see some love for BBNG here. 5 years since their last album.

Friendly Stranger
Wishful thinking, perhaps, but the latest tweet they've liked is another mention of their vinyl being restocked-- though this time they're only mentioned in passing.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Friendly Stranger
Today I was reading old threads and I found again the newcleardown.com website
I did a simple subdomain scan and I found an ftp server on the site ftp.newcleardawn.com

Did anyone notice that?

Unfortunately you cannot connect to the ftp server as a guest

Eagle Minded
Whooaaahhhh! I've never noticed that. That's something

Boqurant
rjohnny wrote:Today I was reading old threads and I found again the newcleardown.com website
I did a simple subdomain scan and I found an ftp server on the site ftp.newcleardawn.com

Did anyone notice that?

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a ftp server?

Friendly Stranger
dolochov wrote:
rjohnny wrote:Today I was reading old threads and I found again the newcleardown.com website

Did anyone notice that?

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a ftp server?

Sorry for the first typo, the website is newcleardawn.com

FTP stands for file transfer protocol, it is a protocol which allows file sharing between a client and a server.

Dayvan Cowboy
What would an FTP server mean in terms of activity/behavior?

I'm stumped in regards to that. Funny they've still get that site up after all these years.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Echelon wrote:What would an FTP server mean in terms of activity/behavior?

I'm stumped in regards to that. Funny they've still get that site up after all these years.

Well I guess the HS collective uses the FTP server to transfer files to each other. Could be anything really.

I'd say they prefer to use a privately owned FTP server (on their own domain) over using corporate solutions like Dropbox, Megaupload, iCloud,... which is perfectly in line with their ideology.

"As far from technology as we can get..."

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

Well I guess the HS collective uses the FTP server to transfer files to each other. Could be anything really.

I'd say they prefer to use a privately owned FTP server (on their own domain) over using corporate solutions like Dropbox, Megaupload, iCloud,... which is perfectly in line with their ideology.

Judging by how paranoid they are, and rightly so, it's probably easier to transfer stems to each other through it and work on the project that way. I doubt they live together, as much as we like to think they're Ernie and Bert. :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
KoA wrote:BADBADNOTGOOD to release in October

whaaaaaat!!!!

SWEET!

I guess we're hitting the same mark between TCH and TH as we are TH and .. :?:

Eagle Minded
Was the NCD website ever associated with BOC in the first place?

Posts Quantity
Some old web hosts would allow you to use ftp to upload the HTML files and content to be served over http.
Not sure if that's still the case. I know ftp is being phased out, and Chrome doesn't support it anymore.

Friendly Stranger
Moloch wrote:Was the NCD website ever associated with BOC in the first place?

Yes, it was registered to Hexagon Sun

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/50416-new-clear-dawn/
https://forum.watmm.com/topic/73725-new ... o-hex-sun/

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

Well, seeing as FTP is unencrypted in the first place, I doubt that they would do that, especially someone that despite praising the internet is evil seem to be quite at ease with the ways of sharing files across half the planet if stories about them living far far apart for a while.

Unless of course they used SFTP but back in the day, that wasn't an option.

I suppose they could Zip and password encrypt...

I am sure that they have a 'net guru or uber-nerd withint the Hexagon Sun collective.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada