GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
The voices at 0:18 of the telephasic x tape sound a lot like the voices in Palace Posy, pretty sure those have already been found though, right?

EDIT: yeah, they have been, whoops
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
funnnnpng wrote:The voices at 0:18 of the telephasic x tape sound a lot like the voices in Palace Posy, pretty sure those have already been found though, right?

Yep, "Eleven" has been a known sample for years now
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Yep, just made an edit after seeing they had. Always check bocpages before you post!

Boqurant
funnnnpng wrote:The voices at 0:18 of the telephasic x tape sound a lot like the voices in Palace Posy, pretty sure those have already been found though, right?

Yes: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Spo0v ... kxLVE/edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7DPNQdCuYw

Eagle Minded
DW wrote:

Yes: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Spo0v ... kxLVE/edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7DPNQdCuYw

Yep, thank you. That's a really cool sample chop, turning such a minuscule thing as just the "e-lev-en!" from a tv jingle into something unique on "Palace Posy" is something only the brothers could really do. Cool stuff

Eagle Minded
How did anyone find that "eleven" sample?!

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:How did anyone find that "eleven" sample?!

A lot of people find samples by just randomly, coincidentally coming across certain sounds in the wild - and then recognizing it if they're already a fan. That jingle was fairly popular (judging from the non-BoC comments) in certain areas so it's pretty safe to assume someone just recognized it, completely on accident.

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:How did anyone find that "eleven" sample?!

Have you READ the last 700 pages of this thread??

Eagle Minded
Haha, sure, but that reference is so random compared to Sesame Street.

Eagle Minded
The act of finding samples is so much harder to do when you're actively looking for the sample, instead of just stumbling across it by accident.

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:The act of finding samples is so much harder to do when you're actively looking for the sample, instead of just stumbling across it by accident.

Although I agree with this totally, like looking through a haystack for that needle. Then when you get tired, you sit down and the needle pierces your ass.

I did actively look for the 'I'm listening' sample. After the society x tape mix when someone else found the One foundation song - Dance with us Lord. I ventured on a journey just somehow 'knowing' it would be found within the music of the Prem Rawat sect/cult. As soon as I saw the Blue Aquarius album, I just knew I was on the right track.

Eagle Minded
Sl Flk wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:The act of finding samples is so much harder to do when you're actively looking for the sample, instead of just stumbling across it by accident.

Although I agree with this totally, like looking through a haystack for that needle. Then when you get tired, you sit down and the needle pierces your ass.

I did actively look for the 'I'm listening' sample. After the society x tape mix when someone else found the One foundation song - Dance with us Lord. I ventured on a journey just somehow 'knowing' it would be found within the music of the Prem Rawat sect/cult. As soon as I saw the Blue Aquarius album, I just knew I was on the right track.

Yeah, nice find! Not always will you just find it on accident of course, many samples have been found just by logically following breadcrumbs and not stumbling across it. But still, it does feel a lot cooler and is slightly easier to accidentally find that sample you were just looking for a couple weeks before, or to be looking for samples for your own material and finding a sample from a song you really like.

Eagle Minded

That's what I'm sayin'. Who is around 50 years old, from Minneapolis, and also likes BoC.... considering that they distorted it a fair amount from the original.

Sherbet Head
Davism wrote:That's what I'm sayin'. Who is around 50 years old, from Minneapolis, and also likes BoC.... considering that they distorted it a fair amount from the original.

Consider though that there's also a substantial group of retro TV logo collectors, and a fairly significant possibility that there's overlap between them and BoC fans. A good handful of folks spotted that WGBH Boston ident in the SXT from a mile away lmao :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Boqurant
Just exhausting ideas: there is a /hellinterface twitter, created on the same month and year as the /boctransmission one...

https://twitter.com/hellinterface

Probably doesn't help us much, I'm just thinking out loud I guess..

Eagle Minded
MIXL2 wrote:Just exhausting ideas: there is a /hellinterface twitter, created on the same month and year as the /boctransmission one...

Yeah I found this account too. I followed it just in case but I doubt it's related. I'd assume it would at least have the same profile picture as their other accounts by now if it was related...
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
MIXL2 wrote:Just exhausting ideas: there is a /hellinterface twitter, created on the same month and year as the /boctransmission one...

The name on Twitter is Ant K - did a google search and found Ant K from on soundcloud from London.

Likely a coincidence - but good thinkin'!

https://soundcloud.com/antk/tracks
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
I think something new is coming out at christmas https://youtu.be/GmQhpDvwWew

Eagle Minded
dolochov wrote:Not related to this "campaign", but what do you think about this yt account?

https://youtube.com/user/laciryl

It was created in 2006 (same period as many of their accounts) but posted videos only after the societas x tape broadcast. It now shows the blue dot as well but I'm sure nothing has changed since the beginning.

These are really cool, thank you! Can someone check wayback machine or something to see if the channel name was always x Tapes?

Eagle Minded
Sorry about a follow-up, took too much time to edit so it wouldn't let me.

My two cents about all this. I definitely see a pattern in their posts, always after some events, like fakes, or when Daft Punk broke up some were worried maybe same thing happened to them.

About people prying into their private lives, I completely understand the worry. However what else can happen when you keep giving info in tiny drops every few years? People will eventually start looking themselves. There are thousands of fans around the world, some are bit crazier than others, like in any groups of people. Most of us follow each tiny bit of online activity that is giving some signs of life, going crazy over blue dots etc. but some won't stop there. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this kind of behaviour is acceptable, my opinion is that their PR stuff might have been done better to prevent this. Give people just enough to be satisfied. And these people are not easy to satisfy, most of them are acid burnouts, doesn't take much time to start connecting dots and stuff. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada