GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
7 question marks = music70?
music70 - 7-4-7?
BOCset?
:-o

Boqurant
Yooo! I'd take a new Nightmares on Wax album. That sounds fuckin' dope.
Though, I think this secret Warp release could be anything, just seems too obvious to be new BoC.

I think the Final Transmission/Pioneer 10 Plaque theory is a more likely release plan for a BoC album. Honestly, we should definitely keep paying attention to amks.live. I have a pretty good feeling that's where we will probably get hints and what not. I mean I could be wrong about that as well, but I think that is much more akin to the BoC style post TH than to have a blanked out pre-release on a Japanese Warp Release Website.

BoC has definitely been showing more activity lately, y'know, more than the typical radio silence. I'm pretty sure they're gearing up for something. A new release, backlog releases, vinyl re-issues, or something along those lines.
All will be revealed soon. I think patience is the name of their game, and we gotta play by their rules.

Just my two cents.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:
I think the Final Transmission/Pioneer 10 Plaque theory is a more likely release plan for a BoC album. Honestly, we should definitely keep paying attention to amks.live. I have a pretty good feeling that's where we will probably get hints and what not. I mean I could be wrong about that as well, but I think that is much more akin to the BoC style post TH than to have a blanked out pre-release on a Japanese Warp Release Website..

Here's how I call it.

I think the "Final Transmission/Pioneer 10 Plaque Theory" (which is an awesome name btw) goes hand in hand with the blanked out pre-release on Beatink. The stuff on amks is for diehard BOC fans who love the whole aura of mystery and hype surrounding BOC, while the question mark release on Beatink is for the casual consumers who are interested in buying a new release (whether it be Boards or not) but aren't going to follow the whole ARG mystery thing.

It's sort of like the people who were interested in Tomorrow's Harvest but didn't play the ARG like the diehards did. Something for everyone.

I have a feeling during the final AMKS, there's going to be a teaser about a new BOC album and then Warp is going to come out and say it. I think that would be perfect.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Ya, the AMKS would be the perfect outlet to tease something. Make sure to listen to the last 15 minutes or so, there’s been windmills, space, rainbow, and kaleidoscope references so far.

Posts Quantity
Navaru wrote:Ya, the AMKS would be the perfect outlet to tease something. Make sure to listen to the last 15 minutes or so, there’s been windmills, space, rainbow, and kaleidoscope references so far.

What? I was unaware of these references
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
happy_cycling wrote:
I think the Final Transmission/Pioneer 10 Plaque theory is a more likely release plan for a BoC album. Honestly, we should definitely keep paying attention to amks.live. I have a pretty good feeling that's where we will probably get hints and what not. I mean I could be wrong about that as well, but I think that is much more akin to the BoC style post TH than to have a blanked out pre-release on a Japanese Warp Release Website..

Here's how I call it.

I think the "Final Transmission/Pioneer 10 Plaque Theory" (which is an awesome name btw) goes hand in hand with the blanked out pre-release on Beatink. The stuff on amks is for diehard BOC fans who love the whole aura of mystery and hype surrounding BOC, while the question mark release on Beatink is for the casual consumers who are interested in buying a new release (whether it be Boards or not) but aren't going to follow the whole ARG mystery thing.

It's sort of like the people who were interested in Tomorrow's Harvest but didn't play the ARG like the diehards did. Something for everyone.

I have a feeling during the final AMKS, there's going to be a teaser about a new BOC album and then Warp is going to come out and say it. I think that would be perfect.

It definitely could be a BoC release on Beatnik, but the amks.live stuff is probably gonna happen first. I mean you could be absolutely right that it's gonna be a release on Warp. Hell, they might even be separate BoC Releases, amks.live being a new album and someone said that the Secret Beatnik Release might be the BoC set/Old Tunes, which would be optimal. I mean if we are super lucky might get a crazy release where everyone gets what they want; the best case scenario, haha.

Do we have a broadcast schedule? Like are the transmissions planned to end?
I'm very curious.

Navaru wrote:Ya, the AMKS would be the perfect outlet to tease something. Make sure to listen to the last 15 minutes or so, there’s been windmills, space, rainbow, and kaleidoscope references so far.

That's spot on BoC aesthetic, and it's becoming more and more likely that the direction is pointing us in the amks.live direction. I just have a feeling that's where interesting stuff is gonna happen.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Sherbet Head
Anyone else got any guesses as to the significance of the ⌐ symbol front and center on amks.live? Apparently it's a "Reversed Not Sign" according to the unicode standard: https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+2310

Obviously it's a play off the standard "not" symbol in logical notation (this one: ¬) but it's anyone's guess what that could mean in the context of the amks site. I can already think of several ways to desperately link this back to BoC and what their next move might be but all of them seem more like desperate shots in the dark than actual connections lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Jango9 wrote:Anyone else got any guesses as to the significance of the ⌐ symbol front and center on amks.live? Apparently it's a "Reversed Not Sign" according to the unicode standard: https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+2310

Obviously it's a play off the standard "not" symbol in logical notation (this one: ¬) but it's anyone's guess what that could mean in the context of the amks site. I can already think of several ways to desperately link this back to BoC and what their next move might be but all of them seem more like desperate shots in the dark than actual connections lmao

It's just Skams logo, it's been Skams logo since the 90's.

It's not related to BoC.

Friendly Stranger
Guys, it is super unlikely that SKAM would be promoting a release on Warp. To my knowledge the 2 labels are separate and are not related. BoC is under contract with Warp, so for their stuff I’d keep an eye on that Beatnik thing. Amks is cool but totally unrelated IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
KoA wrote:Guys, it is super unlikely that SKAM would be promoting a release on Warp. To my knowledge the 2 labels are separate and are not related. BoC is under contract with Warp, so for their stuff I’d keep an eye on that Beatnik thing. Amks is cool but totally unrelated IMO.

Wasn't Tomorrow's Harvest promoted on a lot of non Warp related media? Like Adult Swim?

Besides, I don't think all the music they're playing is from Skam's label anyway.

Eagle Minded
Just realised that there are 7 question marks and Seefeel also has 7 characters... We also know that Seefeel have been recordig a new album, chances are... This album is going to be a new Seefeel album....

... HELL YEAH !!! You think that BoC fans have been waiting since TH in 2013 for a new album, Seefeel fans have been waiting since 2010. I highly recomend Quique to anyone who hasn't heard it yet, Plainsong is one of my favourite tunes of all time.

Sherbet Head
If we really want to get specific about number of question marks, look at the format of 'artist name (catalog id)'. Based on that I'm looking forward to hearing the first Grizzly Bear track in three years.

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:
KoA wrote:Guys, it is super unlikely that SKAM would be promoting a release on Warp. To my knowledge the 2 labels are separate and are not related. BoC is under contract with Warp, so for their stuff I’d keep an eye on that Beatnik thing. Amks is cool but totally unrelated IMO.

Wasn't Tomorrow's Harvest promoted on a lot of non Warp related media? Like Adult Swim

Adult Swim isn’t a label, and they do all kinds of partnerships with labels like warp though. This would be like if adidas hyped up a Nike release because they used the same laces once.

Eagle Minded
KoA wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Wasn't Tomorrow's Harvest promoted on a lot of non Warp related media? Like Adult Swim

Adult Swim isn’t a label, and they do all kinds of partnerships with labels like warp though. This would be like if adidas hyped up a Nike release because they used the same laces once.

Adult Swim does/did have a label, though.

https://www.discogs.com/label/65595-adult-swim
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
Battles is seven letters, too, fwiw.

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh good grief

Posts Quantity
The Beatink page last week was a good acknowledgment that the warp 30 festivities are continuing (which is why we see so many warp releases from both newer and established heavy hitters). It also mentioned some “surprise releases” in the future. We have releases from
Autechre and OPN to look forward to this month, and now Aphex Twin has entered the mix (possible announcement on 10/20?). All this goes makes the BOC social media clues (likes, IG posts) and the new HI YouTube banner feel like more than a coincidence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comm ... ame=iossmf

Dayvan Cowboy
Squarepusher released a new album in Jan, Autechre in October, Aphex Twin in December (check the release schedule for it) so we just need a BOC release and all the big four will have released something this year

Friendly Stranger
Jan 22, fingers crossed

Posts Quantity
Yes, Echelon! When you put it that way, the whole 12/4 release date seems intentionally saved for last--but I do hope there is some new AFX in the works for sure.

Have you though about what the significance of this circle is? ROYGBIV. The Warp purple takes up 1/3 of the circle. And the blue dot is right before turquoise. That metal (vinyl press?) thing might represent the end of the year, like, we are close to something big.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada