GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:Sounds pretty shitty

Hey, don't 'poo-poo' it before you've heard it. :lol:

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Sounds pretty shitty

Hey, don't 'poo-poo' it before you've heard it. :lol:

Well.. You can't polish a turd.. And I don't care what mythbusters say!

Dayvan Cowboy
Sadly, (for BOC fans, otherwise this is great news) the Aphex Twin EP will probably be the big release of the year. He's a lot more active than they are.

But go ahead Warp. Prove me wrong! Or even better. Make it both!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Sadly, (for BOC fans, otherwise this is great news) the Aphex Twin EP will probably be the big release of the year. He's a lot more active than they are.

it's not like two big releases from warp can't come out the same year. Autechre, Clark and BoC all released something in 2013. I guess they're not *Aphex* big at this point, but still. have hope :) an AFX/BoC/AE summer would be more than appreciated.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:
Echelon wrote:Sadly, (for BOC fans, otherwise this is great news) the Aphex Twin EP will probably be the big release of the year. He's a lot more active than they are.

it's not like two big releases from warp can't come out the same year. Autechre, Clark and BoC all released something in 2013. I guess they're not *Aphex* big at this point, but still. have hope :) an AFX/BoC/AE summer would be more than appreciated.

Yeah always good to go for the best possible outcome! I'm hoping for another 2013-2014!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Has any one else noticed that every one of Boc's album playlists on YouTube have been updated on different days the past week?
What does that mean?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O ... bWXMUb-_hk

honestly its probably nothing

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:Has any one else noticed that every one of Boc's album playlists on YouTube have been updated on different days the past week?
What does that mean?

It's a Youtube thing. Playlists like that get automatically refreshed/updated every other day or so.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

New Seed
ihmeauto wrote:Looks like a new Aphex Twin EP is coming at least.

https://twitter.com/hasitleaked/status/ ... iud-Q&s=19

28 06 2023

Dayvan Cowboy
Rub wrote:

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://twitter.com/hasitleaked/status/1668002887467778053?t=mTVcS64BQKeOjgi5jiud-Q&s=19[/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>hasitleaked</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1668002887467778053</span><span>?</span><span>t</span><span>=</span><span>mTVcS64BQKeOjgi5jiud</span><span>-</span><span>Q</span><span>&</span><span>s</span><span>=</span><span>19</span><span>[/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

28 06 2023

New Aphex? Time to rub one out!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
Rub wrote:

https://twitter.com/hasitleaked/status/ ... iud-Q&s=19

28 06 2023

New Aphex? Time to rub one out!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
hexagonFox wrote:Has any one else noticed that every one of Boc's album playlists on YouTube have been updated on different days the past week?
What does that mean?

The absence of Hi Scores has me interegued. If its concerning the transfer from Skam to Warp surely just a quick Label name change is all that would be required, Yet its been missing from the playlist for a good few days now

Friendly Stranger
qukk_ wrote:It was supposed to be a joke. It wasn't Biz's fault that a few people lost their cool. besides, (not trying to be too much of a dick) that sort of naivety is prevalent in the community and nobody seems to be acknowledging it, so it was important that Biz and Demo brought it up in the hooper bay video.
Firm disagree. Making a hoax is a lame thing to do, and writing off as “it’s just a prank bro” is lame too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
KoA wrote:Firm disagree. Making a hoax is a lame thing to do, and writing off as “it’s just a prank bro” is lame too.

Depends on the intention. Fans can be way too tender and ripe for ribbing and yeah sometimes that is lame but some things also need pointing out seriously and some need making fun of, we need to be able to make fun out of anything in life, even the dark stuff, as long as it's done right. That's a skill and many comedians can traverse sticky topics well.

I missed Biz's thing but looked funny and i'm sure the dude had a good time and others did too. No harm done. However if you felt harmed, cheated and felt annoyed at it or any other fake then you really have to look at yourself really.

Saying all that, people piggy backing on other artists work to further themselves is pretty shitty and also should be called out, but that is not what happened with his antics as far as I can tell. So, yeah, it's a fine line but intention is more important than how a few folk react.
You could feel the bullshit

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi wrote:However if you felt harmed, cheated and felt annoyed at it or any other fake then you really have to look at yourself really.

I’m not a fan of this take either but you do you. This wasn’t the first hoax and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
Geogandhi wrote:intention is more important than how a few folk react.

I think it's the opposite.. I think the effect of an action on individuals is more important than the intention

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Eagle Minded
I believe one should always indicate intention in plain sight somehow to balance the karmic ledger, the only issue with that deal

Eagle Minded
it is only your fault for attaching yourself so strongly to albums you haven't even heard.

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:it is only your fault for attaching yourself so strongly to albums you haven't even heard.

At this point, it’s not just about the album. It’s a belief.

People attach themselves to this sort of stuff and with music specifically, I understand and respect that 100%. However, it’s important to keep in mind that this is THEIR art, not ours, and they don’t have to release any of it nor do they owe us anything. They’ve said before that the only people that they really care about who gets to listen to all their music is their friends and family, and I think that everyone should understand and respect that.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
qukk_ wrote:At this point, it’s not just about the album. It’s a belief.

People attach themselves to this sort of stuff and with music specifically, I understand and respect that 100%. However, it’s important to keep in mind that this is THEIR art, not ours, and they don’t have to release any of it nor do they owe us anything. They’ve said before that the only people that they really care about who gets to listen to all their music is their friends and family, and I think that everyone should understand and respect that.

This is what I was trying to say, but more respectfully and eloquently. I think it's a bit ridiculous to get mad when an album you were never supposed to hear ends up being "falsely leaked". Was it really ever going to leak by the hands of a random guy in the first place? BoC have made themselves clear that they are very protective of these things, and I don't expect that we'll hear these albums unofficially. Best case scenario, BoC releases them officially. Worst case scenario, we never hear them. I don't think anyone other than BoC has these mythical records at this point.

I get that them putting these mysterious early albums on their discography page way back before they had the obsession could be seen as them purposely trying to build mythos and that holding them to such a high place is playing into their long game... but I don't know. I don't think it was meant to build the levels of obsession that these albums have now. It was a mistake, in my opinion. I'd really like to hear them, but I'd rather get new music from BoC than more teenage ideas. We already have plenty of that with the Old Tunes & random tape and I adore those things to no end.

I used to be hyperfixated on BoC too. I used to hold those albums to mythic standards. I would do things to hear them that would make even Satan's absent father cower in fear. But in recent years as I've got into so much new and cool music while still recognizing BoC as great foundation for my taste, I really don't care as long as Tomorrow's Harvest isn't the end of the road. The Biz prank, for me, was a fun diversion that made the wait for anything new a bit more bearable.

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:intention is more important than how a few folk react.

I think it's the opposite.. I think the effect of an action on individuals is more important than the intention

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

You're right in cases where intention is malicious, thoughtless or misguided. Offence is warranted because the intention was to offend or not enough thought has been put in to make sure it's aim is not direct.
In this case and of fakes, no one is harmed, just mild annoyance and the feeling of being tricked, guilt of foolishness is not a reason to be offended. Any offence is on the shoulders of the offended.
If the intention is for self promotion then it's wrong and people should call it out but still not be offended. The guilt of wrongdoing is on the intention.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada