GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
^ btw the trolling above comment is a joke, don't ever take me too seriously around here lol

"Solange approached our record label and we gave her our permission. I realize that this was considered to be unusual: someone from the R&B scene who sings over a Boards Of Canada track, but we liked what she did. To me it sounds like an unknown theme(song) from a James Bond movie or something like that."

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:Left right, left right Left right - BOC army is marching.
Left right, left right Left right - BOC is on the rise.
Left right, left right Left right
1,2,3,4,5 -EVERYBODY - FUCK THE FAKE TYCHO BAND MUSIC!!!
Left right, left right Left right - BOC army is marching.
Left right, left right Left right - BOC is on the rise.
Left right, left right Left right

Lol haha

Boqurant
I get sad when this thread is anywhere lower than the top two most recent.

Eagle Minded
Unfortunately there just isn't too much to talk about. I'd be posting here every day if I felt like I had something worthwhile to say, but it just isn't the case as of lately. That's okay, though. There's not a whole lot of speculation to dive into as far as this year goes. I still hold the belief that the album will just "appear out of no where," but definitely not as elaborate as the Tomorrow's Harvest pre-release. I get very excited when thinking about new BoC, but I force myself to be reminded of the notion that it could very easily be another 1 to 2 years of waiting. Remember, it won't take much to get all of us hyped if a day comes where we get some type of a teaser, whether it be them posting a short interlude composition, liking new posts on twitter, doing an interview, or really anything at all.

Posts Quantity
I just wanna be here for when they drop some news and the whole forum goes crazy, been reading some of the 2013 posts while they were dropping hints for Tomorrow's Harvest, it seems like a total blast.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
fefor wrote:I just wanna be here for when they drop some news and the whole forum goes crazy, been reading some of the 2013 posts while they were dropping hints for Tomorrow's Harvest, it seems like a total blast.

Not going to lie - it was nothing short of amazing.

That whole sequence of events had me riveted to the forums for months.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
no clue where to post, but this video that appeared during the 2013 ARG is now gone so i reuploaded it:
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
I don’t remember this video. Can you please tell me where it fit in with the ARG?

Dayvan Cowboy
Xaugh wrote:My mother dies every night,
it's safe to say, don't quote me on that,
I love myself better than you,
I know it's wrong, but what should I do

I'm on a mang,
Schlong in my brain,
An eagle's train,
Tranny's and gangs,
Bangin a gang,
Gangs a mustang,
Running putang,
Jesus has fangs,

Somewhere I have heard this before,
In a dream my memory has stored.
As a defense I'm neutered and spayed,
What the hell am I trying to say?

It is now time to make it all smear
To write offline don't make sense
Love my kelp, better than food
I know I'm monged, but what should I do?

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:I don’t remember this video. Can you please tell me where it fit in with the ARG?

csch transmission. a hint to the another. before the official announcement

Boqurant
ParticleGhost wrote:no clue where to post, but this video that appeared during the 2013 ARG is now gone so i reuploaded it:
phpBB [media]

I love this track so much; it appeared with another one around the same time, will try and remember what it was.

Sherbet Head
I have never heard this.. How did I miss it.
I'm assuming it boc.. Has hints of TCH and TH.. Can anyone translate the track/video title?

Posts Quantity
I'd consider donating my left kidney for an album of unreleased material written between 2005 and 2013, just saying.

Dayvan Cowboy
GeoDose wrote:I'd consider donating my left kidney for an album of unreleased material written between 2005 and 2013, just saying.

Hearing the transition in sound from Campfire over to Harvest would be stunning.

The only track we have that shows the same for the transition between geogaddi and campfire is Last Walk Around Mirror Lake, the combination of Geogaddi and Campfire aesthetics on that track are wonderful.

I think the transition between Campfire and TH would be more beautiful to behold, though. It would be akin to hearing the gradual intrusion of nature by technology, like a cell tower in a forest and pylons running over a stream and scattered bits of plastic waste everywhere. I don't think it would be particularly upbeat, but nevertheless interesting.

Eagle Minded
This just in:: Martin Boulton made a comment on the Boards of Canada fb page “something new is coming, i found out today :)
no information at this moment in time

Friendly Stranger
Roswell wrote:This just in:: Martin Boulton made a comment on the Boards of Canada fb page “something new is coming, i found out today :)

Forgive my ignorance, but who's Martin Boulton?

Sherbet Head
drhumr wrote:
Roswell wrote:This just in:: Martin Boulton made a comment on the Boards of Canada fb page “something new is coming, i found out today :)

Founder of a label called "Touched Music"

"What if I told you that it has released music from music titans as large as Autechre, Future Sound of London and Plaid, as well as some of the most exciting talent in electronic music such as Murya, Ariadne’s Labyrinth and Keiss? And what if I told you that the home of this label – the most exciting and frankly the best IDM and electronica label in Europe – is nestled amongst the rolling hills of Pembrokeshire?? Yes, Touched Music is unlike any other label in electronic music, and I spoke to Martin Boulton, the founder and label head of Touched Music, to find out a bit more about it…"

http://www.untitled909.com/label-love-a ... hed-music/

Still need that source about the facebook post I haven't been able to find it!
Suck my BUTT

Friendly Stranger
TheStatPow wrote:
drhumr wrote:

Founder of a label called "Touched Music"

"What if I told you that it has released music from music titans as large as Autechre, Future Sound of London and Plaid, as well as some of the most exciting talent in electronic music such as Murya, Ariadne’s Labyrinth and Keiss? And what if I told you that the home of this label – the most exciting and frankly the best IDM and electronica label in Europe – is nestled amongst the rolling hills of Pembrokeshire?? Yes, Touched Music is unlike any other label in electronic music, and I spoke to Martin Boulton, the founder and label head of Touched Music, to find out a bit more about it…"

http://www.untitled909.com/label-love-a ... hed-music/

Still need that source about the facebook post I haven't been able to find it!

Cheers! :)

Eagle Minded

Yeahhhh, we're going to need a source on that one, as I can't find it either (Boards FB page doesn't show any visitor posts at all).

Also, there could be some synchronicities at play...just yesterday I had an incredible flashback to the TH ARG and was reading through a bunch of the old posts and the excitement was real again. I even posted on the BoC Facebook post where, in 2012, they replied "Yes" to someone asking if a new album was coming out!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:
Josh wrote:I don’t remember this video. Can you please tell me where it fit in with the ARG?

csch transmission. a hint to the another. before the official announcement

Ah, Thanks. It's vaguely familiar and definitely worth revisiting.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada