GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
portiss wrote:They know the fanbase ''hates'' them for not giving them info, I don't think they would fuck us over so bad by answering YES to that question, just to tease us. I don't think they would do that.

They knew exactly what the guy meant, and they knew exactly what question they were answering. Ofcourse, they answered YES to the question if the rumours were rife, but they knew the real question, and they responded to that.

Why the hell would they never post anything, but post yes to a dumb question like that? They knew, and they gave us some info.

agreed

Dayvan Cowboy
bicycle day announcement imminent

Boqurant
Bryan wrote: but at the end of the day I'd much rather be listening to a new album than think about the hours and hours I've spent reading through these posts over the years.

My sick sense of humor imagined that the next album will consist entirely of barely audible dronelike syths while a computerized voice reads all the posts in this thread.

Dayvan Cowboy
Bryan wrote:...

If as usual another six months pass with no album you'll see that silence be twisted in a way that strengthens the core belief of an imminent release. It's a cognitive bias built on top of a strong emotional investment, almost religious in nature. All competing information and logic must be selectively ignored in order to protect the emotional stability of the belief. Pretty fascinating stuff in it's own right, but at the end of the day I'd much rather be listening to a new album than think about the hours and hours I've spent reading through these posts over the years.

these are precisely my feelings as well.

LuminalStasis wrote:My sick sense of humor imagined that the next album will consist entirely of barely audible dronelike syths while a computerized voice reads all the posts in this thread.

holy lol[/quote]

Sherbet Head
here is a quote from michael sandison in an interview about 13 years ago.. yet it fits perfectly today.

"We are being pretty ambitious with what we are trying to do with it musically," says Sandison. "We want to do this one at our own pace and only deliver it when we think we've got something that is absolutely perfect, with no flaws. We want it to be so that every track on it is a really long lasting track that we personally love, and keep on loving, and play over and over again. It's a difficult thing to achieve, and the chances are that we're not going to do that because no one ever gets to that point..."

Happy Cycler
Fredd-E wrote:
Rodheh wrote: They responded to a question about rumors with absolutely no information whatsoever and then they redacted their post. I'm not sure how one can infer that "yes" means anything other than a literal answer to the question that was asked, which was "rumors of a new album are rife" or something of the like.

They did not redact their post.
https://www.facebook.com/boardsofcanada/posts/10150621277593927?comment_id=21629865&offset=150&total_comments=176

Did they add it back again? I specifically remember it being deleted at one point in time.

Either that or someone here posted a bullshit screenshot.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
Bryan wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:How on earth anyone can even begin to doubt that is way beyond me.

I have no doubt that there will be something new eventually, but it would seem to me ridiculous how "anyone can even begin to" take anything that Boards of Canada says about a new release with any sort of legitimacy at this point in time, now that we've been told year after year that a new album was coming soon.

You're watching people access information through the filters of faith and belief. I haven't said much this round because there has been a little more smoke than usual (perhaps signalling a fire), but the logical lesson from years of this merry-go-round remains the same - take everything short of an official Warp announcement with a huge grain of salt.

If as usual another six months pass with no album you'll see that silence be twisted in a way that strengthens the core belief of an imminent release. It's a cognitive bias built on top of a strong emotional investment, almost religious in nature. All competing information and logic must be selectively ignored in order to protect the emotional stability of the belief. Pretty fascinating stuff in it's own right, but at the end of the day I'd much rather be listening to a new album than think about the hours and hours I've spent reading through these posts over the years.

Thank you.

Someone "with a sane mind" around here.

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:bicycle day announcement imminent

Missed it by a day!

Friendly Stranger
Every one to their local record shops! It seems like we have 5 more to find. One was in NYC, so I imagine they are in bigger cities.

Someone posted in the other thread that the segment that's leaked so far reminds him of the beginning of EYDIAB and it reminds me of the same segment a bit. :)

Boqurant
WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!!?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BuShPuPpEt0 wrote:WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!!?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The square root of f*** all, but it's always compelling viewing :wink:

Slow down...

......reads other posts properly.....

.....doesn't want to get sucked in YET AGAIN.....

......might have to concede that 'square root of f*** all' is perhaps less than accurate....

Arse!

:oops:

Slow down...

Boqurant
:D

Happy Cycler
Okay, now screw the Facebook comment, if Boards confirms these records are official then we know undoubtedly that something is up. Hopefully they provide something that is more information than "yes".

Eagle Minded
That new mystery vinyl sounds like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm1edxnM8Xc
:oops:
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Boqurant
my excitement is utterly uncontainable

Eagle Minded
davey0110 wrote:Every one to their local record shops! It seems like we have 5 more to find. One was in NYC, so I imagine they are in bigger cities.

Someone in the /mu/ thread theorized that the other 5 records are in the other Geogaddi listening party locations.

London, New York, Tokyo, Edinburgh, Paris, and Berlin

Boqurant
Okay this is really interesting -- the suspected account of BoC that posted the soundboard audio of Julie and Candy changed the description to this
http://imgur.com/gP2bxVb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-y8HNhJ ... A2&index=8

I'm thinking this might be legit...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada