GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Nice Tom. It looks like something else is coming down the pike.

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:or could the end of Feb 2021 really just be the deadline to send in your proof of purchase to get the stickers and calendars?

I'm going to go with this until proven otherwise.

As someone said last page, number one rule of being a BOC fan: "Don't get your hopes up!"

That leaves the new smile Earth Catalog banner though. I'm pretty sure they didn't just make that for fun. There's probably a reason for it. Whether it be for BOC or not.

Edit: Though it does state (or rather translates) to the Warp Campaign going from Oct 2020 to Feb 2021. Again, we'd need further info to know if that's just a deadline or not.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:or could the end of Feb 2021 really just be the deadline to send in your proof of purchase to get the stickers and calendars?

I'm going to go with this until proven otherwise.

As someone said last page, number one rule of being a BOC fan: "Don't get your hopes up!"

That leaves the new smile Earth Catalog banner though. I'm pretty sure they didn't just make that for fun. There's probably a reason for it. Whether it be for BOC or not.

I agree--unless someone has already explored all of this and has a better explanation. I wonder if they will educate us a bit more on how this works and/or make it available on Bleep by mid-December?

I've translated the rest of the materials on the campaign page (emphasis my own):

WARP original desk calendar application ticket

Required number of application tickets
3 application tickets

Necessary items
・ Postal code / address / name / phone number

Application deadline
・ Postmarked on the end of February 2021

Application postcard mailing address
〒153-0061
3-8-15 Nakameguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo
Beat Ink Co., Ltd.
To WARP CAMPAIGN 2020 staff

Precautions
・ Desktop calendars will be shipped sequentially from mid-December.

--very interesting they have an entire team devoted to this "Warp Campaign 2020 staff"
--is "application ticket" a bad translation? does this mean "buy three of these albums" then "mail in" some sort of code you got from each purchase?
Last edited by writetomhatcher on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
I gotta say. Regardless of whether there's more or not, I'm always so jealous of Warp Japan. They get so much more merchandise (a lot of really cool OPN shirts, for instance) that aren't available in the west, bonus tracks that are a pain in the ass to hunt down otherwise and now this fancy 2020 sticker/calendar campaign.

Lucky bastards! They really try hard to prevent people from importing stuff from the west :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Did someone post on here about the disappearance of associated accounts on the Hell Interface channel or did I dream that?

Posts Quantity
They've been releasing stuff on Bandcamp today. So far MHTRTC, IABPOITC and Geogaddi...

Eagle Minded
There's too much activity and momentum for this to NOT end in them releasing something new. Thanks BIO.

Boqurant
If you go to Geogaddi on their bandcamp, you can see that they chose Magic Window as the featured track. Hahahahaha

Friendly Stranger
I really hope the 70th tweet won't be about the bandcamp releases

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Did someone post on here about the disappearance of associated accounts on the Hell Interface channel or did I dream that?
LMFAO - I did and deleted it right away. I was tripping my bad all..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded

Friendly Stranger
I dont know if this has been talked about yet, but they linked their instagram to their bandcamp. So I'd say the instagram is pretty much verified.

Friendly Stranger
If anyone has been following the news regarding a mysterious monolith found in Utah desert, another one has apparently appeared in Romania :D

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/utahs-2001-like-monolith-mysteriously-disappears/
https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/monolith-romania/

It's probably nothing but an art installation, but who knows if its part of an ARG again.

Posts Quantity
ihmeauto wrote:If anyone has been following the news regarding a mysterious monolith found in Utah desert, another one has apparently appeared in Romania :D

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/utahs-2001-like-monolith-mysteriously-disappears/

It's probably nothing but an art installation, but who knows if its part of an ARG again.

No offense but this could be ANYTHING, I don't really think a BoC ARG is one of them.
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Posts Quantity
Zephyr Method wrote:
ihmeauto wrote:If anyone has been following the news regarding a mysterious monolith found in Utah desert, another one has apparently appeared in Romania :D

No offense but this could be ANYTHING, I don't really think a BoC ARG is one of them.

It would be fun though. It fits with the space-themed album speculation going on, with the Pioneer plaque banner and these monoliths being obvious references to 2001.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:That leaves the new smile Earth Catalog banner though. I'm pretty sure they didn't just make that for fun. There's probably a reason for it. Whether it be for BOC or not.

Maybe 'Earth Catalog' is the name of our long-awaited archival boxset? 8)

Joking aside, it ties in with Catalog 3, but that could easily be coincidental.

Dayvan Cowboy
I thought all the "hey this weird monolith means a new Boards of Canada album is coming" posts were jokes...

To seriously address that for just a moment: when the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG began, the code records had "Boards of Canada" prominently on the cover, and Warp confirmed they were legit almost immediately. It was essentially marketing as far as the label was concerned.

As relates to the Bandcamp though, it seems like they're gearing up to release something.
Last edited by SamuraiDrifter on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
And they just uploaded the other albums too.

Eagle Minded
Also I gotta say: they created their bandcamp in the early part of the summer, right? Why wait to upload 4-5 months later, unless the timing is significant?

Posts Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada