GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
They posted another fan vid on Instagram, this time nothing is real. Even if we don’t get anything for a long time it’s nice to see them being even a little active.

Posts Quantity
Another one... maybe they are posting one for each album. we will wait and have to see :o

New Seed
They also now have exactly 6666 followers and deleted a post to make it 3 posts on their page

Eagle Minded
and a new twitter like, this is the most active we’ve seen them in a while. not to mention the twitter post talks about releasing “unreleased music”
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Just out of curiousity - does the Twitter account "like" every post? or just certain ones?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
Uh oh... Looks like something isn't happening again!

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:Just out of curiousity - does the Twitter account "like" every post? or just certain ones?

If it means anything, during my hyped days I sent their twitter a prod asking if there's "any chance of a BOCset" and it was never liked.

This is the first time I think they've ever liked anything about unreleased material. It's always been about new albums.

Anyway, it's a 50/50 chance that this is either an intern fucking with people or it's hinting towards the future. I choose to believe the latter but I do not frown upon anyone who believes it's the former. There's no proof either way so it's totally open to speculation.

To be the new Opothecary, there are two dates to think about this month. Record Store Day (it was postponed til this month, no idea if things are still on or if it's virtual) and 8/22 (the date in the Tomorrow's Harvest gatefold.)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Yet another fan video, this time In The Annexe by Julien Lavigne. Seems like a nice way to let us know they are still active.

Posts Quantity
By the way, does anyone know what this video is? From the same channel as that In the Annexe video.

Eagle Minded
here’s how i see this whole social media situation. Warp knows us BoC fans are absolutely nuts and that we will notice any and all activity that they show. so, even if this was an intern of some sorts (which imo doesn’t make any sense for the brothers to do that), i still believe it means something is coming. maybe not 2020, but i would argue that it will be sooner than later. Warp really doesn’t have any reason to be posting things on their social media account and liking comments if it meant absolutely nothing at all. If they were doing it just to stir the BoC pot and get sales up, i feel they could have done this whole instagram thing many many years ago. Not only that, but if sales and getting the BoC hype back up was their goal there are many more effective ways to do that. Imo, intern or not, the least this whole thing is to me, is hope. This kinda stuff just shows that BoC isn’t done and that at some point they are going to release more stuff.

they also restocked the shirts.
restocking merch + the most activity we’ve seen in a while? even you BoC skeptics have to be a little excited.

not saying something is right around the corner or anything, but it’s gotta at least mean something. unless Warp is completely blind and has no idea how crazy we are they wouldn’t do this for no reason.

This is all my opinion by the way, please don’t tear me a new one :lol:

Posts Quantity
It's pertinent to note that Warp's Instagram does not follow this account - from what I can see, they follow most if not all of their artists' IG pages.

This is probably a fan page, unfortunately.

Eagle Minded
burst__of__indigo wrote:It's pertinent to note that Warp's Instagram does not follow this account - from what I can see, they follow most if not all of their artists' IG pages.

Wow good catch! That’s definitely very interesting to say the least, really the only reason we have to believe it’s not a fan account is because they promoted the WXAXRXP NTS Radio announcement, but theoretically that could have just been a fan as well. :shock:

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:
burst__of__indigo wrote:It's pertinent to note that Warp's Instagram does not follow this account - from what I can see, they follow most if not all of their artists' IG pages.

Wow good catch! That’s definitely very interesting to say the least, really the only reason we have to believe it’s not a fan account is because they promoted the WXAXRXP NTS Radio announcement, but theoretically that could have just been a fan as well. :shock:

Yea I'm definitely cautiously optimistic. I do remember them posting the announcement, and that's why I followed the account. But that was over a year ago and now a few new posts/tons of activity. I could go either way! But it seems if it was an official account, Warp would be following it. Or...the brothers specifically asked them not to, haha.

Damn these mental gymnastics.

Eagle Minded
koroviev wrote:By the way, does anyone know what this video is? From the same channel as that In the Annexe video.

That's pretty freaking awesome!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
2020-10-23

Eagle Minded
Honestly, this would be the most 2020 of things to happen to have the world go through all of this shit for 8 months, then, seemingly out of nowhere, BoC go on some grassroots campaign of only "likes" on social media to advertise an upcoming release. No ARG, no massive push - just using their fanbase who monitor every little thing starting to go nuts over likes.

Who knows, maybe in those "liked" comments they are forming a narrative. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

It would also be incredible, and I would get sucked in worse than the TH campaign, haha!

Dayvan Cowboy
I think one day we're just going to wake up to a release on Warp's website. No flashy ARG, no fanfare, just a brand new release.

The likes have all been for a new album but now they decided to spice up the narrative a little and add a like for "unreleased material." Remember those promises 15 years ago of a new collection with all new artwork? That may one day exist too.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

This is really nice actually.

Slow down...

Boqurant

Yeah I thought the same but then I realized that Peter Ian Campbell is following the account
"When I was a fetus I was nostalgic for when I was sperm".

Posts Quantity
NuevasSemillas wrote:

Yeah I thought the same but then I realized that Peter Ian Campbell is following the account
Interesting...I didn't notice that!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada