GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:https://twitter.com/richard_littler/status/1551663033675644930?s=21&t=PWSLFHfD2nsl2j4Xps5dGg

Probably a bit more pertinent than a car commercial :P

https://twitter.com/richard_littler/sta ... 3288748032

Sherbet Head
Magic Orange wrote:
Echelon wrote:https://twitter.com/richard_littler/status/1551663033675644930?s=21&t=PWSLFHfD2nsl2j4Xps5dGg

And this is why around these parts we always believe in nothing lmao :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
What's the first rule about Hexagon Sun,
You don't pretend to be Hexagon Sun

Sherbet Head
hexagonFox wrote:What's the first rule about Hexagon Sun,

Hexagon Sun has no backbone nor a way to enforce anything whatsoever since they are so quiet about things. It's just as madeup/real as discordianism is as far as we're concerned.

YOU can rise up and just claim you are part of hexagon sun.

People will challenge you for it but no one will come out and enforce it until it gains enough traction for MDG to show up and tell you you're a speccy bam or something.

I am actually, just now, waiving my right to claim I am part of the Hexagon Sun. It's official, been made official by me!

Now MDG could come on and tell me "nuh-uh silly you" but he would give me what I want which he's not gonna do because he is busy.

So until then I am now some kind of sick Schrödinger's cat; A quantic Hexagon Sun member.
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:What's the first rule about Hexagon Sun,

Hexagon Sun has no backbone nor a way to enforce anything whatsoever since they are so quiet about things. It's just as madeup/real as discordianism is as far as we're concerned.

YOU can rise up and just claim you are part of hexagon sun.

People will challenge you for it but no one will come out and enforce it until it gains enough traction for MDG to show up and tell you you're a speccy bam or something.

I am actually, just now, waiving my right to claim I am part of the Hexagon Sun. It's official, been made official by me!

Now MDG could come on and tell me "nuh-uh silly you" but he would give me what I want which he's not gonna do because he is busy.

So until then I am now some kind of sick Schrödinger's cat; A quantic Hexagon Sun member.

Uuh

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:
Magic Orange wrote:

And this is why around these parts we always believe in nothing lmao :P

It's ironic but TH not only predicted future misery, but
Nothing Is Real predicted the state of things in the BOC community for the last nine years in terms of misinformation. Actually, they predicted misinformation in general too.

I'm kind of bummed that Col never released a physical copy of This Flat Earth because I would love to own it. It was a highlight of the Societas X Tape! "We're living in a time where people's words don't mean a thing."
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Though I'd also like to add that it's very cool that this established author who writes very discordian style books and art loves BOC enough to make fake BOC merchandise of them.

I'm sure he wants new BOC song titles to inspire his future works of fiction!

Dayvan Cowboy
Scarfolk comes from the same place as Boards in a funny kind of way... It's a very recognisable world Brits of my generation grew up in. The kind of half memories you didn't realize you'd forgotten until someone reminded you, like finding out years after the fact that the time your mum gave you a really tight cuddle in the post office was because there was an armed robbery going on. Danger you were unaware of having survived.

I'm glad he didn't let the joke with the 8 track run too long so we can enjoy it without speculating if it was real

Dayvan Cowboy
Brian Eno: " Briefly, we need to fall in love again, but this time with nature, with civilization and with our hopes for the future."

New album this October. Fortunately, not on Warp...but his thoughts on the climate and how he's making an album about the so-called end times makes me wonder, what will BOC do now that they foresaw all of this in the musical world before anyone else. Everyone is making their own tomorrow's harvests so where will they go next?

Now that we know they are officially making an album, it's up to someone to predict the topic before it happens.

Posts Quantity
Peter Iain Campbell has a new website and in one of the galleries it shows the the photo of the bro's hanging out by a campfire next to a photo of … yes a red moon.

Check it out: https://www.peteriaincampbell.co.uk/#36

Red moon party '23 confirmed? :lol:
1986 Summer Fire

Posts Quantity
Quadrivium wrote:Peter Iain Campbell has a new website and in one of the galleries it shows the the photo of the bro's hanging out by a campfire next to a photo of … yes a red moon.

i thought it was kind of interesting that in the instagram post for his new website, the last three images are a red moon, the bro's by a campfire, and the last one looked like smoke to me.
"R-Worded"

Sherbet Head
ColinWallis wrote:
Quadrivium wrote:Peter Iain Campbell has a new website and in one of the galleries it shows the the photo of the bro's hanging out by a campfire next to a photo of … yes a red moon.

i thought it was kind of interesting that in the instagram post for his new website, the last three images are a red moon, the bro's by a campfire, and the last one looked like smoke to me.

knowing them (and not really knowing them at all, any of us, just a a figure of speech. these are prolly like 10+ year old pics that hes choosing to release now)

Sherbet Head
"For our latest album we've decided to abandon the artificial tape-aging processes we used before in favor of actually aging the tapes for 20 years so they sound authentically old. That's why it took so long!" -Micus, 2023 (Probably)
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:"For our latest album we've decided to abandon the artificial tape-aging processes we used before in favor of actually aging the tapes for 20 years so they sound authentically old. That's why it took so long!" -Micus, 2023 (Probably)

At this point, I fully agree on this.

Day one, September 30, 2013, record all the tracks.

Day a billion, June 9th 2023, release fully aged tapes on TH's 10th anniversary

Dayvan Cowboy
Double posting to say that things have really quieted down since Babylulu and MDG dropped the bomb. The silence before the storm or will we not hear something for another year or so?

My predictions remain this: either fall '22 or TH and Music's 25 and 10th anniversaries. If neither of those, I really don't know BOC at all and we might be waiting to 2032.

Eagle Minded
Only 19 days until the confirmed release date of 2022-08-22!
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:I hate to be cautious since I'm usually positive but let's simply hope that he didn't let the cat out of the bag too early.

If there's anything to know about the bros, it's that they operate on a different timeline.

There is this passage in a very old dusty tome that reads;

"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Boards of Canada, one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day".
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
New album's title: An Eagle In Your Mind.

But it's not scraps from the cutting room floor, rather, it's a deeper dive into whatever it is we're all into with BoC.
Just speculation.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Boqurant
Magic Window remixes confirmed for August 9th. Includes remix by Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, and Daft Punk. Also features the first ever vocal appearance by Michael Sadison where he says, "Get a life."

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote: Also features the first ever vocal appearance by Michael Sadison where he says, "Get a life."

Going by the absolute radio silence and no spot on the Warp itinerary for BOC, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the message to us :P

It is quiet even by this forum's standards. And one can wonder, darkest before the dawn or TH style absolute desolation? :)

In the mean time, I'm building myself a time machine so I can find out what time period that new album is on its way :D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada