GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Geogandhi wrote:rare sighting of the boys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82BeEVcIPg

I want to marry these two.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:Echelon, start the YouTube channel.

Still hashing out plans for how I will do this. I kind of wish Josh suggested I do this two months ago because I was a hundred times more motivated with my BOC fandom.

As of now, it's running a bit dry and I've been binging other creative outsiders like The Residents and Todd Rundgren.

Honestly, by now they would have thrown some kind of bone to the fan base during this. I need something to rejuvenate my interest! Anything really, even the discovery of a long lost track. :(
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I recently read this article about a completely unrelated act disbanding on Stereogum. One of the paragraphs kind of reminded me of some of the attitudes voiced in this thread. No offence intended, but I thought it would be interesting to share the perspective of these artists as well.

Fans can be kind. Fans can be creative. Fans can be alive and inspired and full of goodness. However, “Fandom” often involves the culture of acting like you own a person and feeling entitled to them. Fandom frequently feels within its right to try and punish or destroy the object of its fascination if it does not cater to the fandom’s perception of what it should be.

Dayvan Cowboy
koroviev wrote:I recently read this article about a completely unrelated act disbanding on Stereogum. One of the paragraphs kind of reminded me of some of the attitudes voiced in this thread. No offence intended, but I thought it would be interesting to share the perspective of these artists as well.

Fans can be kind. Fans can be creative. Fans can be alive and inspired and full of goodness. However, “Fandom” often involves the culture of acting like you own a person and feeling entitled to them. Fandom frequently feels within its right to try and punish or destroy the object of its fascination if it does not cater to the fandom’s perception of what it should be.

That post I wrote looks worse than it actually is. Like I said, I've moved onto other fascinating artists like Rundgren, The Residents and Sufjan Stevens which is exactly what they wanted us to do.

I think I should put a disclaimer after all my posts saying, "It would be nice if they'd do something but they don't have to..."

I regret the way I phrased that post and my only excuse is that I wrote it at like 2 in the morning.

Dayvan Cowboy
I really don't think that was intended for you, Echelon. You are always cautious not to drift into the territory of making demands.

There have been far more overtly demanding fanatics previously in this thread and I think that is who it was primarily aimed at.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:I really don't think that was intended for you, Echelon. You are always cautious not to drift into the territory of making demands.

There have been far more overtly demanding fanatics previously in this thread and I think that is who it was primarily aimed at.

Thanks for this post, Valo. I think sometimes I'm self conscious because I'm a pretty big fan. I even framed my Aquarius single today.

But yeah, honestly I have no demands from BOC. Everything I post is just wishful thinking and speculation. I do wish they'd throw us a bone but on the other hand, this is during a pandemic and I know they've got their family and businesses to look after and that comes far before making music for a random dude in the US.

Eagle Minded
There is currently no speculation of a new release. Please only post something when there is speculation of a new release. There we go!

Dayvan Cowboy
This is effectively the official hopes and dreams thread.
People post here with their speculation about potential future new releases. Unless what you are saying is that there isn't going to be a new release at any point, then I don't think it applies, sorry. People should continue posting as much as they wish about their hopes for a new release and what kind of direction it might take, that is the speculation part.

Eagle Minded
BoC are busy crafting a virtual sound vaccine... ;) one that can heal all diseases and unlocks the third eye instantly. They will deploy their own masts/arrays and will render any possible 5g effects mute and will then project all of their unreleased material straight to your subconscious... that you will always carry with you....

Eagle Minded
Today might not be the day. It might not be the week or probably even the month that we get a new album.

I'm still hopeful it'll be this year, though.

I'm feeling October.

:twisted:

Eagle Minded
There's also no way that BoC didn't watch this today I'd imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFocqVe3NuM

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:There's also no way that BoC didn't watch this today I'd imagine:

Probably, although from a negative or positive perspective is open to debate.
I would suggest the former of the two but far be it from me to claim to know.

I don't trust that Musk, he's a Bond villain with potentially evil contraptions and plans for humanity.

Boqurant

I watched it live and listened to dayvan cowboy :D

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:

I don't trust that Musk, he's a Bond villain with potentially evil contraptions and plans for humanity.

Physical flesh symbiosis with tech and A.I is impossible to avoid now. It could be liberating for the world. No different to what we are doing now really but just far easier and faster. It could also be cheap in the long run. Can you imagine killing education and schooling? Everyone with equal intelligence. All we know is the cloud. All there is, is the cloud. Lol. I've changed my mind. I am shit scared of all this.

Dayvan Cowboy

Societas X … Space X

Haha kidding :P

Boqurant
Sl Flk wrote:All we know is the cloud. All there is, is the cloud. Lol. I've changed my mind. I am shit scared of all this.

That sounds terrifying.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:

That Musk guy might be intelligent, but that doesn't mean he is wise. He thinks it's a good idea to use technology to get even further removed from our essence as human beings... Instead of adding anything to ourselves in the future to solve problems that are created by our mistaken identity, maybe, just maybe it might be a good idea to actually connect with our true nature right now and stop this whole fucking madness that we see in the world?

It baffles me that so many people in the world don't see this. Wake the fuck up already.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
Gazebo4 wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

That Musk guy might be intelligent, but that doesn't mean he is wise. He thinks it's a good idea to use technology to get even further removed from our essence as human beings... Instead of adding anything to ourselves in the future to solve problems that are created by our mistaken identity, maybe, just maybe it might be a good idea to actually connect with our true nature right now and stop this whole fucking madness that we see in the world?

It baffles me that so many people in the world don't see this. Wake the fuck up already.

Thank you.

Sherbet Head
Torn n Frayed wrote:Thank you.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions ;)

What is a utopia for one person, is a nightmare for another. This is no way to fix the world.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
June 9th.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada