GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Kind of obtuse but possibly this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_(gay_slang)
And June is pride month in the usa.

It’s a reach.
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Sherbet Head
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:Kind of obtuse but possibly this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_(gay_slang)
And June is pride month in the usa.

It’s a reach.

:lol: very much a reach

Posts Quantity
lol
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
ROYGBIV confirmed for new gay anthem :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Has anybody tried sacrificing any goats?

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:Has anybody tried sacrificing any goats?

Yeah, all the time.

...oh, you meant for new BoC.

Dayvan Cowboy
Actually curious about this, but do you guys think they would ever Daft Punk us?

Love how that's a term now for any electronic group that splits unceremoniously

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:Actually curious about this, but do you guys think they would ever Daft Punk us?

Sadly, yes there is a chance they would do that.
I like to think that boc is actually just taking a 30 year break, and when the break is over, they will release the 13 albums they have been working on and also all of the unreleased albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:Actually curious about this, but do you guys think they would ever Daft Punk us?

i think it's possible, but i feel like they would leave a parting gift (BoCset).

Posts Quantity
they have never said anything that suggests they will ever "stop", and they have said the opposite (that they have no plans of ever stopping) more than once....

so, i don't understand worrying about this personally.

if the time they take doesn't make sense to you, you simply don't understand how complicated it is what they do.

remember, nobody really compares, and nobody ever will.

and even if they did, it would not be as good, because copycats are shit compared to authentic original creativity, especially the kind that changes artforms..
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
i am repeating myself, but i think it's necessary. lol
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
What some people thought of TCH when it leaked:

dealer wrote:I'm a little disappointed if the leak is real. it sounds pretty reasonable to think it's them. if it's a fake it's a damn well-put one.

the reason I'd be disappointed is because there are none of the signature samples on it, none in the forefront like I've gotten used to and like.

perhaps some would argue that they're moving on and beyond that. ok. I just don't like it as much.

a.

goodgrief__ wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here, but have been peeking around this forum for a few days, I'm an ardent BoC fan blah blah.

I've been taking a listen to the leak that everyone is concluding is real. Not the one with A Few Old Tunes on it but the one with the guitars, and the lush soundscapes that are so much like BoC and almost so fitting with Oscar See Through Red Eye...but in me and my friend's opinion (also a big Boards fan) they don't fit quite enough. Here's my own main reasons, a couple of them are very subjective but i think fair:

1. Listen to the rhythms on OSTRE and then the rhythms on the rest of the tracks...OSTRE has a significantly more complex rhythm. The rhythms on the rest of these tracks are so simple, compared with the complex ones you so often hear in BoC's work.

2. When I'm trying to fall asleep, the last thing I want to listen to is the Boards, because they always guarantee I'll be awake and aware. However, on my first listen of this leaked album in its enirety, I fell asleep half way through. Don't get me wrong, there's some lovely tracks on it, but there's too many tracks devoid of the "sinister" feel that's run through so much of their music, even the earliest stuff.

3. Lack of meaningful samples, and lack of samples altogether. The one sample in this album (in Chromakey) seems so random and too repetitive.

These are my three main reasons for my belief that the Boards will have something quite different from the leak we're all taking for granted as the real thing. Of course, I could be totally wrong, so many bands have had more mediocre work, but this just seems like too much of a regression and too slick, though there's some really lovely parts all the same (I find Hey Saturday Sun really infectious).

Well let me know what you think please!

chzi wrote:Fellow boccers,

Most of us have downloaded the leak or listened to The Campfire Headphase on Bleep by now. We seem to agree upon this being the real deal. And there is really no reason to think differently. However, don't you all think it surfaced way too soon to be a BoC release?

I can't help getting a bit suspicious.

Didn't we imagine them planning this release with special care to keep the album unheard much much longer? I find all this very strange and it has made me think of a scenario that would be quite spectacular; The Campfire Trick!

Theory: album on Bleep is NOT The Campfire Headphase. It is a compilation of album rejects. Tracks they've made during the TCH process which didn't make the final cut. Remember Geogaddi, which they claim to have compiled out of.. what was it.. about a hundred tracks?

Now.. what do we REALLY know about TCH? Uhm.. well. Nothing. Nothing proofs that the tracks on Bleep are from the real release. Maybe a few of them are. 84 Pontiac Dream is one of the tunes that goes along with its title really well. Another detail that might support my theory is that I sometimes find the album thin at some sections, It's really really good overall but a few parts are a bit "simple" don't you think? And no tracks fade into each other as some have on the earlier albums.

Which sources do we have for the tracks we've heard? The New York listening party (review), The Wire radio show, the leak of Satellite Anthem Icarus, Oscar on Bleep, the big leak and then the Bleep preview. All these have the same source at the end of the day.. Warp/BoC.... oh how easy it would be to manipulate this whole campaign with a good but faked album spread and made by themself.

The final distribution of TCH is a big issue to consider here. I have no idea how Warp's LP/CD pressing and distribution system works. But, it must be possible to take precautions so the real album won't leak like until a week before its release date, under normal circumstances.

But with this trick, we have one important extra parameter. By making sure the fake is spread well ahead of the release date - just as I feel is the case with TCH now - we get this: (1) the "hype people" will lose interest just in time (2) the inpatient fans are calm and satisfied by having laid hands on the leak (3) the faithful ones still wait for boctober 17th patiently. Excellent, all flanks covered.

And as a result, BoC releases two albums in one. They once again manage to create that confusion they just seem to love. Just imagine the shock - and pure bliss - when you finally receive your preordered copy.. you run up the stairs and put it on right away.. and.. BAM.. WTF!? Where did the Into The Rainbow Vein I used to know and love go? Hum. But wait.. this track is even better, whooo!!!

Then the next day, Bleep is updated with the real album. And just imagine the forums.. not only discussing the new tracks but also filled with comments like.. "LOL, what should we call the tracks on the leak now..? ^__^"

Haha, it all so perfect. If any artist pulled off a trick like this it surely would have been ae, afx or boc. 8)

Under and in! /chzi

Boqurant
Something about the fact that there's hours and hours of BoC we will never hear makes me sad. Worlds we'll never hear.

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:they have never said anything that suggests they will ever "stop", and they have said the opposite (that they have no plans of ever stopping) more than once....

if the time they take doesn't make sense to you, you simply don't understand how complicated it is what they do.

The only issue is they really haven't done anything since TH. Sure there were remixes but Daft Punk did remixes in between 2013 and now too. And DP openly surrendered now.

Even Richard has done a lot more activities since returning in 2014 and it's a shame we never got another EP or a live concert from them.

Of course something might happen to make me eat those words, but the doubts still cross my head so I wanted to know what everyone feels. I appreciate your optimism, Colin.

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:What some people thought of TCH when it leaked:

And thus began the communities long term love/hate relationship with Headphase. :lol: Never understood that. TCH is so lovely, especially in the wilderness.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:they have never said anything that suggests they will ever "stop", and they have said the opposite (that they have no plans of ever stopping) more than once....

The only issue is they really haven't done anything since TH. Sure there were remixes but Daft Punk did remixes in between 2013 and now too. And DP openly surrendered now.

Even Richard has done a lot more activities since returning in 2014 and it's a shame we never got another EP or a live concert from them.

Of course something might happen to make me eat those words, but the doubts still cross my head so I wanted to know what everyone feels. I appreciate your optimism, Colin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMku-GbafEg&ab_channel=RibbonMusicRibbonMusic
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
kakanara wrote:What some people thought of TCH when it leaked:

Wow, all those comments are a hot mess, thats us boc fans for you though! :mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:The only issue is they really haven't done anything since TH. Sure there were remixes but Daft Punk did remixes in between 2013 and now too. And DP openly surrendered now.

They actually have done quite a bit more between TH and now than they did between TCH and TH. Three remixes, a two hour mixtape, and at least one new interview for MHTRTC's 20th anniversary. Not to mention the increasing social media activity liking posts about new material.

I feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point, though. If you all are so bent on thinking they're quitting, who am I to stop the pity party? :P

Boqurant
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Echelon wrote:The only issue is they really haven't done anything since TH. Sure there were remixes but Daft Punk did remixes in between 2013 and now too. And DP openly surrendered now.

They actually have done quite a bit more between TH and now than they did between TCH and TH. Three remixes, a two hour mixtape, and at least one new interview for MHTRTC's 20th anniversary. Not to mention the increasing social media activity liking posts about new material.

I feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point, though. If you all are so bent on thinking they're quitting, who am I to stop the pity party? :P

Which interview?

Boqurant

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada