GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Had a dream last night that the boys remixed a Nils Frahm track... so it shall be done!

Dayvan Cowboy
Longer the wait, the tighter the rope, my guess. No one would allow to just realease the tch part 2 now. Unless they don’t care, nor do I.

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if the new album also featured real drums and maybe electric guitars? Bringing back the acoustic guitars too. That'd be the cherry on the cake.

As I've said before, the electronic psych rock on Societas could very well be the direction they're headed next. They like the idea of taking historical detours with music, a la Tomorrow's Harvest.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Idk, Campfire Headphase has always been my favorite of theirs because of the molding of "real" instrumentation into their parallel auditory world. I loved the way they made regular instrumentation sound like they were layers removed from reality, and I'd love to hear more of that from them.

Eagle Minded
Moloch wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if the new album also featured real drums and maybe electric guitars? Bringing back the acoustic guitars too. That'd be the cherry on the cake.

sry for the cherry picking but they do feature real drums in quite a few songs, though they obviously sample them and / or process them. More real drums would be neat!

I wouldn't mind some oozy guitar stuff on new material. The 12 string on the reverse version of Gyroscope is ear candy

Dayvan Cowboy
I'll be happy with anything, but I hope their next record follows in the same style as the Mr. Mistake and Sometimes remixes. Two of the best remixes they've ever done IMO. I loves how they utilized lots of acoustic instrumentation in a really psychedelic way.

Eagle Minded
TCH is my favorite album (on certain days). I'm not against real instruments, I just don't want an additional collection of "musicians" having anything to do with their work. But ultimately I'm with Fredd-E, I want electronic music.

Dayvan Cowboy
Actually at this point, I'll take anything. If they're going to do a duet with Beyonce I'm all for it :D Lemonade was actually pretty rad. That kind of artistic perspective combined with BOC synths and drums would be great

Echelon wrote:Actually at this point, I'll take anything.

If we get a BoC feat. Justin Bieber this man is to blame. Mark my and especially his words.

Sherbet Head
have some dignity people, sit tight.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
I actually had Tangerine Dream in mind when posting my comment. Mixing synths and live instruments made them reach their peak during the Virgin era and they never lost the OG Ambient style they were known for in the process. I think the brothers might dig them as much as I do because they used an Edgar Froese's sample for "XYZ". They could also do long, progressive songs à la Pink Floyd but with their own style and sound palette, that'd be pretty cool.

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:have some dignity people, sit tight.

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Sherbet Head
*reaches behind car seat, slaps legs*
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
*reaches for the dead*

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:have some dignity people, sit tight.

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

yeah
almost
we're almost there
yep
alright
very close
i can see it in the distance
yep
its right there
we're practically there
absolutely
we're almost there
alrite
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
*Puts feet up on the car seat*

"Not the boc, not the boc, NOT THE BOC!"

Eagle Minded
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
I realize this is probably not the appropriate thread, but I think we are in a funk.

It has occurred to me that Lost But Never Alone by OPN is an incredible song. At first I was pretty dismissive of the album and glossed over it. I then started thinking about songs by the bros that I didn't like at first; XYZ was at the top of the short list. It's now one of my favorite songs.

I'd be curious to know which song you didn't take to at first, but now love.

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:I realize this is probably not the appropriate thread, but I think we are in a funk.

It has occurred to me that Lost But Never Alone by OPN is an incredible song. At first I was pretty dismissive of the album and glossed over it. I then started thinking about songs by the bros that I didn't like at first; XYZ was at the top of the short list. It's now one of my favorite songs.

I'd be curious to know which song you didn't take to at first, but now love.

Jackward Causeway. At first I was like, "this beat is way too draggy" but eventually it made me realize it was the height of their Tomorrow's Harvest period where the decay of civilization can be seen as a beautiful thing. As it builds to the synth climax, it looks like the Tomorrow's Harvest album cover and how it's both beautiful and disturbing like a pseudo sunrise.

That said, you won't have to worry about our funk. I'm sure in a few days, they'll be another twitter like :lol: It's better than nothing though :D

Eagle Minded
I really dig JC because of the slow building tape echo of the synth that stacks upon itself over and over again. I used to do that with a cheap digitech pedal and my guitar because I discovered that trick by accident, and was stoked that BoC built a whole melody using that technique. IE Frippertronics

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada