GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
This is amazing - the full body of work by the brothers is trying to tell us about the hermetic principles ruling this Universe I believe now :O

Boqurant
Let me rephrase that. The hermitic principles that connect the dots of Everything.

From one source all things depend!

Boqurant
I think it will be a dark Hell Interface album (or box set) now soon and then the next light BoC album (or box set) next year. And they will be connected in the idea world to form a larger whole.

chzi wrote:I think it will be a dark Hell Interface album (or box set) now soon and then the next light BoC album (or box set) next year. And they will be connected in the idea world to form a larger whole.

I like this idea. With the recent Hell Interface event you would expect the next big news to be HI related. But then again who knows.

Eagle Minded
It's Good Friday 2023 last album

Eagle Minded
I like that idea too.

At this point, does anyone still think the pioneer plaque bears any significance to the next album, or is it more likely now that it was is a neat image they liked?

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:I like that idea too.

At this point, does anyone still think the pioneer plaque bears any significance to the next album, or is it more likely now that it was is a neat image they liked?

At this point, I feel like we're getting a Hell Interface record AND a Boards of Canada record. I think the Pioneer image will still bear some significance to the Hell Interface record, but it's not a clue to a date.

The fact that the Hell Interface socials, and the Bandcamp still exists, yeah I've kind of made myself believe that a Hell Interface record is happening, on top of BoC's LP5.

Feels crazy to say that, but... it also feels right.

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't buy this HI stuff. They're released, what, 4 individual tracks under that moniker in total? I can't see them waiting 10 years to release a full album under that name. It'll be a new BOC record whenever it lands.

Eagle Minded

9 YEARS 3 MONTH 0 DAYS

On 9/10 or 9/11 we will get a signal maybe?

Eagle Minded
ryetronics wrote:I don't buy this HI stuff. They're released, what, 4 individual tracks under that moniker in total? I can't see them waiting 10 years to release a full album under that name. It'll be a new BOC record whenever it lands.

I thought the same thing at first, but their HI YT channel played a significant part in rolling out TH. The Slave To The Rhythm track on SOCIETAS, and The I Feel Good vid on HI page. It’s obvious they still use it and care about it. I’m 50/50.

demo wrote:At this point, I feel like we're getting a Hell Interface record AND a Boards of Canada record.

I've felt like this for quite a while too to be honest. Why? Pretty simple. I feel they will use their BoC moniker for LP5. The continuation of the Boards of Canada sound/project. Evolutionary but not revolutionary. They don't want to alienate their current fanbase by releasing something totally different. And therefor they could use the Hell Interface moniker as an outlet for more experimental stuff. Some weird old tunes perhaps. Or maybe some sort of bocset with tunes that don't really fit under the current flow of the BoC releases.

In short?
- BoC: continuation of what we already have, don't alienate the fanbase
- Hell Interface: experimental, revolutionary, more niche music for the hardcore Sandison fans

Friendly Stranger
It is Boards of Canada— I doubt they’d alienate us out of spite, but they’re not exactly the type to put their artistic direction aside for the sake of appeasing their fans. (Case example: TCH and TH)
Ooooo, it's pink!

Posts Quantity
What if Hell Interface or other user related to BoC write a comment on the Uuh Video Comments Section?

Friendly Stranger
Magic Orange wrote:What if Hell Interface or other user related to BoC write a comment on the Uuh Video Comments Section?

It’s possible, but possibly too cliche. It would be exactly what they did last time.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm going to 2025 and when I get there, I'll order the new BOC album off Bleep. Then I'll burn some CDrs and take them back here!

Any takers? :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Sure, I'm in! Order it backwards so it will be going in the right way here then please when you're back! <3

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I'm going to 2025 and when I get there, I'll order the new BOC album off Bleep. Then I'll burn some CDrs and take them back here!

While your tearing a hole in the space/time continuum, can you get me a refund on Biznasty's zine?
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:I'm going to 2025 and when I get there, I'll order the new BOC album off Bleep. Then I'll burn some CDrs and take them back here!

While your tearing a hole in the space/time continuum, can you get me a refund on Biznasty's zine?

Even better, when the zine comes out in 2027 (after the album) I'll simply screenshot it and upload it to imgur in the past. That way it will always be there and we can read it in 2022.

Yes, I realize I'll completely destroy the fabric of time and space over a zine but hey, at least it'll be fun to read on the john.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:

It's so odd that zine never came out in May. Did Twoism scare them into releasing anything short of a new album announcement? :D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada