GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
sixtyniner wrote:
northernlite wrote:ok that video is awesome, but let's be honest... ITS HAPPENING!

I doubt anything is happening, this is an old fan-made video and it's probably just a Warp employee reposting it. I suggest people stop getting excited at anything their social media posts or likes unless it's an actual announcement or message.

Why not? Half the fun of being a boards fan is finding meaning in their obscurity.

Posts Quantity
LofiJunky wrote:Why not? Half the fun of being a boards fan is finding meaning in their obscurity.

Because there is nothing to find in their social media presence. This isn't any announcement or ARG. It's quite unlikely that it's even them doing these posts, they probably hate social media so it's hard to see them doing this random promotional stuff when a Warp employee could just as easily do it all for them like they probably do every other artist.

Boqurant
Right, but it's only the second time that they've posted to that instagram account. If it's just a Warp social media manager what's the point?
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp

Posts Quantity
bendu wrote:Right, but it's only the second time that they've posted to that instagram account. If it's just a Warp social media manager what's the point?

Yeah and the first post was just a Warp 30 promotional video which was also posted on their twitter, so it's not like there was any special reason to posting on Instagram other than expanding the social media presence for promoting releases or events and interacting with fans.

Posts Quantity
Makes sense to me that they start using Instagram instead of Twitter for sharing fanmade videos. IG fits more for that kind of content. Twitter is less about music than IG is.
We'll see if this leads to more interesting things in the future but it sure is a good sign. If they bother trying to make the IG page gain momentum, it might mean that it'll be used for announcing stuff one day.

Eagle Minded
Meanwhile at Warp headquarters: "Damn it Dave! Did you just put up another fanvid on BoCs account again?" Dave: (insert Trollface meme).

Boqurant
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this has got to mean something. They never make "their own" posts like this, plus it would have taken a decent amount of effort to download the video onto a phone and upload it. I don't see this being some random post after a year of more radio silence. If it is, that's massively annoying. I don't really care about fan-made music videos.

Boqurant
Just viewing BoC’s youtube page, they are very obviously appreciative of fan made music videos. I see this as them showing their appreciation to the fans as usual. Only thing different this time around is the platform they are sharing it on
Long story short: Nothing to see here folks.

Posts Quantity
sad they didn't post this
phpBB [media]

sorry for the bad memes but im rather exited even tough we wont get anything for another lifetime

Eagle Minded
7 years since TH. 7-year cicadas emerging...
preparation for a dive.

Dayvan Cowboy
sixtyniner wrote:I suggest people stop getting excited at anything their social media posts or likes unless it's an actual announcement or message.

What do you make of them liking posts that mention new albums? Is that a Warp employee too?

Honestly, I think it would be messed up if a Warp employee was liking posts mentioning a new album if BOC had no intention of actually making a new album.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
sixtyniner wrote:I suggest people stop getting excited at anything their social media posts or likes unless it's an actual announcement or message.

What do you make of them liking posts that mention new albums? Is that a Warp employee too?

Honestly, I think it would be messed up if a Warp employee was liking posts mentioning a new album if BOC had no intention of actually making a new album.
There’s no doubt that they are making a new record, only question is WHEN? Imo the likes only hint that something is in the works, but nothing is guaranteed to be happening remotely soon.

I certainly hope to eat those words soon enough though!

Sherbet Head
There should be a release within the next year.. not only myself but a fellow twoismer remembers an interview or a comment from either mdg or the brothers themselves that the wait for a new album after TH would be less than the wait between TCH and TH. So 8 years or less. We are on year 7..

But yeah probably not

New Seed
I guess one thing to consider is that they used several forms of media to promote TH. While likes and posts may not mean anything themselves, the fact that they are more active could be a precursor to another promotional campaign.

Posts Quantity
The fact that they pretty much never use Instagram for promo, and after years of promoting fan-made videos a certain way, this has me thinking there's more to it.

Not sure what to make of it exactly, but this seems deliberate beyond just letting everyone know about a fan-made video...

Posts Quantity
BOCalm down folks... B :wink: C just liked:

https://twitter.com/Beathhigh/status/12 ... 9430660096

Posts Quantity
LofiJunky wrote:I guess one thing to consider is that they used several forms of media to promote TH. While likes and posts may not mean anything themselves, the fact that they are more active could be a precursor to another promotional campaign.

Only as part of an ARG. What they posted on Instagram is not anything mysterious or any kind of hint towards an ARG, it's just something they've already been doing for years - recognising the community videos. The only difference now is the medium, it would literally just be a link to a youtube video if this was posted on twitter instead and probably no one would get as excited. If social media activity is any kind of precursor, it's a very inaccurate one as it's so sporadic and every time people theorise that "this means something" when it's probably just random social media activity from a Warp employee and it turns out a few months later it meant nothing at all, it's sort of setting yourself up for disappointment. So imho I really doubt this social media activity tells us anything substantial when we don't even know who manages it. We all should know there's a very good chance that a new album is coming, I'm sure making music is still important to them and they've said that they have no intention of stopping.

Boqurant
it seems unlikely to me that BoC would be very measured about their albums, interviews, marketing etc. and then for social media hand it over to warp and say "go ahead and like whatever you want"

Boqurant
Well I bet there is gonna happen something special when their twitter hits 70 tweets.

Friendly Stranger
Or they might just like the fact that people like the idea of a new album. Simple as that.
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada