GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
There’s an interesting comment on the video tying it into space and a turquoise RBG color as well.

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:I think as of now, the only thing I'm interested in are the Skam Broadcasts since BOC are actually on that label.

They are not. They were, but now they are under contract with Warp. Labels don’t like to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
KoA wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think as of now, the only thing I'm interested in are the Skam Broadcasts since BOC are actually on that label.

They are not. They were, but now they are under contract with Warp. Labels don’t like to share.

Would them being under contract with Warp prohibit them from releasing something under the Hell Interface moniker on SKAM?

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:
KoA wrote:

Would them being under contract with Warp prohibit them from releasing something under the Hell Interface moniker on SKAM?

Unless the contract stated that very specific detail, no I don't believe so. A Hell Interface release on another label like Skam seems possible.

Friendly Stranger
HI could theoretically happen, but since the bros have no current relationship with SKAM that we know of, it seems unlikely to me idk

Eagle Minded
KoA wrote:HI could theoretically happen, but since the bros have no current relationship with SKAM that we know of, it seems unlikely to me idk

They still to this day have a fairly close relationship with autechre (Skam's owners), as far as I can tell, just based on how Sean still talks about them and respects them.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
KoA wrote:HI could theoretically happen, but since the bros have no current relationship with SKAM that we know of, it seems unlikely to me idk

They still to this day have a fairly close relationship with autechre (Skam's owners), as far as I can tell, just based on how Sean still talks about them and respects them.

I had no idea that Autechre owned Skam, but honestly now I really could see the radio show featuring some second party teases for BOC while Autechre and OPN are released this month on Warp. Or maybe if we're lucky, a live set. (Which they've supposedly been planning for "special circumstances" for years.) They're actually friends so this kind of stuff wouldn't actually be stepping on Autechre's toes I'm pretty sure.

Then again, this is me being overly hopeful. And If I've learned anything about BOC and leads/hunches over the last four years is that 98% of them are false.

Nice avatar btw! The final image gives me hope about the future! :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:

I don't think Autechre own SKAM...

Eagle Minded
There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

"pls interact if we can expect new music in the future..." :mrgreen:
sooner than later hopefully.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm textbook definition crazy fan so this statement means nothing, but I always get a little happy when they do that. :)

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:
Navaru wrote:There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

"pls interact if we can expect new music in the future..." :mrgreen:
sooner than later hopefully.

293 likes. 2+9+3=14=1+4=5 maybe maybe

Eagle Minded
It’s your choice

Sherbet Head
5? for what reason? you're just making up sums now man ;)
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
People still playing the numbers game lol, that stuff got lame back when Opothecary was still on here, he also did it way better. But carry on, i guess

Dayvan Cowboy
Don't you realize Opothecary was onto something? Hex Sun saw he was close to cracking the code and made some arrangements for him to be in their next wickerman festival. ;)

Eagle Minded
In the last part of the amks.live stream today there was a little folky song about rainbows, and a video in black and white of some wind turbine towers that switched perspectives and seemed to get kaleidoscopic. Probably nothing, but worth mentioning.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:In the last part of the amks.live stream today there was a little folky song about rainbows, and a video in black and white of some wind turbine towers that switched perspectives and seemed to get kaleidoscopic. Probably nothing, but worth mentioning.

I really hope somebody recorded this. Just because I remember listening to a few hours of it and I don't remember hearing anything folky at all on it. All Hip-hop and IDM music.

Then again, I have a feeling that an employee at Skam suggested that an easy way to get more viewers for their broadcast is to include things that are tangibly related to BOC. He of course is a genius because people like me will go down every rabbit hole. I have no regrets! :lol:

Eagle Minded
We're all mad here... :lol:

Eagle Minded
What I do is check back every segment change, and for the last 10 minutes. Midnight London time is when the interesting stuff starts.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada