GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Magrathea wrote:Rant coming up, feel free to hop over

Spoiler: show
The problem with numerology is that it is not a science, you can twist it and make it say anything you want.

Wikipedia: Numerology is the pseudoscientific belief in a divine or mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events. It is also the study of the numerical value of the letters in words, names, and ideas. It is often associated with the paranormal, alongside astrology and similar to divinatory arts.

I mean, sure, whatever floats your boat, but...

SCIENCE! :)

3s 6s 9s

sure is fun isn't it

Boqurant
phpBB [media]
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Boqurant
Negamuse wrote:There's a later question about vinyl production delays, and he said something like, even with a company like warp, if he turns something in now it gets released 18 months down the line. I know people have wondered about that with BoC and if they're hitting that problem

Wasn’t it over 18 months ago we had speculation the record was finished and turned over to Warp?

Since it’s June the 9th are we able to get to page 1000? (But with caveats about numerology being bullshit)

Dayvan Cowboy
Burning Shadow wrote:
Negamuse wrote:There's a later question about vinyl production delays, and he said something like, even with a company like warp, if he turns something in now it gets released 18 months down the line. I know people have wondered about that with BoC and if they're hitting that problem

Wasn’t it over 18 months ago we had speculation the record was finished and turned over to Warp?

Since it’s June the 9th are we able to get to page 1000? (But with caveats about numerology being bullshit)

Technically if the record was finished by the time of the pioneers plaque and handed to warp for "I Feel Good" in April it would be 14. So we're close.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:Image

rocket power color scheme lol
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Some of this is old news that ties in with new speculation.

While we proceed remember April 5th is
Pioneer 11s launch date & Hell Interfaces YouTube Creation date. Im sure you all love hearing about that. I promise this will be fun

A Brief history of time :
Hell interface changes banner on 9/6/2020 to the pioneer plaque. Im speculating this is the exact date it was first briefly changed after reviewing a post by Echelon that was widely favored. and MGDs log on on 9/6 as well)
ImageImagehttps://bocpages.org/wiki/Timeline

September 9th is 9/6 Flip it and its June 9th

Fast forward, they do it again on 4/5/21 (pioneer 11 launch) this time on multiple platforms featuring:
JamesBrown : I Feel Good
Raiders Of The Lost Arc
And Whitney Houston content altered (specifically pulled from her 2nd album “Whitney” )

How do these tie in?

Raiders Of The Lost Ark was released : June 12
Whitneys 2nd studio album came out : June 2nd
And she died on February 11th : 2:11 UTC is the time that Pioneer 11 launched
What about James Brown? Hold that thought.

Sheol Boundary plays a crucial role in all of this. Specifically in the closed captioning
Sheol Boundary's YouTube creation date is September 30th
This is the same date that pioneer (11) made last contact with earth.
In the comment section its been at 33 comments for a long time.
Someone mentioned in Twoism that the comments have been changed to be approved by the content creator.
Jesus was crucified at the cross at 33 (ew hexagonFox gross youre crazy)- but considering all the biblical references this can't be ignored.
33 is inside of the baby eyes on the “Play by Numbers” Album cover.

But what about
James Brown and 33

While I didn’t see James Browns “I Feel Good” tying into this.. but I did notice James Browns 33rd studio album came out on June 9th and its called “There It Is”
and if we circle back to Sheol Boundary’s closed captioning you’ll notice the captioning messes up for no reason, it starts at 1:06

James Brown And Jesus have a couple things in common, most notable of which is that James died on Christmas 12/25......
Soylent Night
Which ties into Soylent Green A Film that takes place in 2022 and was released on April19th
if that's not enough for you
Ill leave you with one very important thought:

This one is just for fun
You know I always loved cars specifically BMW
Somewhere I remember James Brown selling his soul to the devil
It think it’s because of this film below. The Devil is Played by Gary Oldman from LP5 I mean “The Fifth Element”
And James is played by himself. :lol:
https://youtu.be/GIeIKn5R0fk

What ever your theory. pioneer dates , Vhs tapes, numerology, a hidden album, or this thread hitting 1000. I love it all
I love hearing everyones thoughts.
cheers thanks for reading!

I want to repost this because honestly it's awesome. Mr. Fox found a lot of hilarious coincidences.

I actually miss Opothecarys posts and hope he's alright. He would definitely be proud of it. It actually makes a lot more sense than his numerology though.

Posts Quantity
I thought i would never see more posts with dates and numbers about the I Feel Good, Whitney Houston, Pioneer Plaque and Sheol Boundary again.
Glad to read more of these.

Dayvan Cowboy
So...we're at a crossroad. Either the new album happens sometimes this year or are they saving it for a big cheesy fiesta for the 10th of TH?

If it's the latter imagine big cheesy headlines like "Boards of Canada Return After 10 Years To Shed Some Light On Their Prophetic Album" from Pitchfork. ;)

New Seed
I was more hoping for an announcement on 2.2.2022, or something before June 10th, but since those are just about over, I am not expecting much else.

Boqurant
where new boc

>:(

Posts Quantity

Boqurant
bocbocbocboc wrote:where new boc

>:(

boc pleaz

Sherbet Head
hexagonFox wrote:3s 6s 9s

sure is fun isn't it

phpBB [media]

(0:57 if the timecode doesn't work lmao)
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
You guys think nine years is bad? Wait til this new thing is released and we have to wait fifteen years for the next thing ;)

Posts Quantity
BoC Fans trying to figure out when the new album will drop...

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington, that is the most side-splitting clip I've seen in a while. Cheers for the laugh! :lol:

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Twentington, that is the most side-splitting clip I've seen in a while. Cheers for the laugh! :lol:

I would recommend the whole film if you've not seen it, its outrageous!

Dayvan Cowboy
Warp had some big concert thingie over the weekend. Fortunately that's over with now...

That said, perhaps we can get something within the next few weeks? A drop before Wu-Lu maybe? I doubt it though. Controversial opinion but Warp really dropped the ball lately. These last couple of years at Warp records have been nothing but a disappointment for me.

Only Flylo dropped anything in the area of IDM. Maybe there's a couple interesting archival things from Stereolab and Broadcast but nothing that floats my boat musically.

Dayvan Cowboy
To add a bit more to the complaint department, it is a bit sad to be beholden to an often delayed zine in desperate hopes of getting any content for BOC. I do not endorse getting angry at them personally but there is a bit of irony in an often delayed band being featured in an often delayed zine :P

But to end this bitter double post on a positive note. Maybe Stargate are waiting on BOC to finish whatever they're working on before a dual drop! :D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada