GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Dmitrii wrote:
Echelon wrote:Also congrats to Mt. Kimbie on their new double album. One can only hope that the BOC album they're sitting on will come out at some point with all this other stuff dropping!

Sadly, as good as these other artists are, my heart sinks everytime a new album is announced and it isn't BOC.

what if in the end we'll get a double album from BOC, with two parts independently produced by Mike and Marcus? ouch

That was what happened on Outkast's last album and they went silent after that, so I vote no to this idea... though BOC going silent is par for the course so ehh, who the hell knows.

Dayvan Cowboy
We are at war. BOC should come back soon. If we want still hear their new album.

Eagle Minded
we begin bombing in five minutes
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Oh shit, there's a war on? Time to break out the BoC war songs!
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Unrelated but I'm 99% certain that they made these songs around the time of Desert Storm. Iraq Says in particular couldn't have been any sooner than Halloween '91 since it samples the Terminator genesis game released on that date. I wonder if they'll ever do anything else with a war angle? Would certainly be just as relevant now as it was back in 1991.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
There's only room for One Scottish musical duo of brothers from Edinburgh 'round here.

phpBB [media]
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
I find your lack of news...disturbing

Darth Boc
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:I find your lack of news...disturbing

Darth Boc

Ironically MDG's message was the death knell for 'news' per se. Basically a "welp, now you know, buckle up for the long haul."

Keeping the spirit alive is now up to us until the drop in 2023. After all, Warp seems to be dropping a lot of music now, properly freeing up the schedule for next year so we can have a big BOC celebration!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Jango9 wrote:
Unrelated but I'm 99% certain that they made these songs around the time of Desert Storm.

We won't know that until a full assessment has taken place, in due course.

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:
Jango9 wrote:
Unrelated but I'm 99% certain that they made these songs around the time of Desert Storm.

We won't know that until a full assessment has taken place, in due course.
hahahahahaha

Friendly Stranger
Anyone else notice that “boardsofcanada.com” now redirects to their Warp page instead of Bleep?
Ooooo, it's pink!

Friendly Stranger
I stand corrected— on my phone it goes to Bleep but for some reason the address directs to Warp on my computer.
Ooooo, it's pink!

New Seed
raybshot wrote:Anyone else notice that “boardsofcanada.com” now redirects to their Warp page instead of Bleep?

long time ago

Sherbet Head
vinir4mos wrote:
raybshot wrote:Anyone else notice that “boardsofcanada.com” now redirects to their Warp page instead of Bleep?

long time ago

Such a long time agooo-o
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
TheStatPow wrote:
vinir4mos wrote:

long time ago

Such a long time agooo-o

Societas X Tape was indeed such a long time ago. Anyone feel like it was just yesterday?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
vinir4mos wrote:

long time ago

I had thought so, but for whatever reason my phone refused to pull up the Bleep page when I had been searching. Got ahead of myself
Ooooo, it's pink!

Sherbet Head
Another thing for your consideration: They've mentioned before that Geogaddi took on an entirely different direction after the 9/11 attacks with the original plan being something along the lines of a "submarine journey", is it possible that the covid-19 pandemic has caused a similar re-tooling of the upcoming album as well as possibly an unintentional delay between the SXT and the album? I'm very interested in seeing how the mood of it reflects what's happened throughout those intervening 3 years when it's finally out
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:Another thing for your consideration: They've mentioned before that Geogaddi took on an entirely different direction after the 9/11 attacks with the original plan being something along the lines of a "submarine journey", is it possible that the covid-19 pandemic has caused a similar re-tooling of the upcoming album as well as possibly an unintentional delay between the SXT and the album? I'm very interested in seeing how the mood of it reflects what's happened throughout those intervening 3 years when it's finally out
I have my doubts about how heavily 9/11 actually influenced the album and would guess it probably made something like 10% of a difference to it. The attacks happened only 5 months before it came out after all.

Boqurant
Described in early interviews by Michael Sandison as "[reflecting] a chaotic period in [their] personal lives" (OOR, 2002), the brothers have subsequently admitted that the turmoil of the 9/11 terrorist attacks significantly influenced the tone and direction of Geogaddi. Said Michael Sandison:

"Geogaddi was kind of exorcising demons, and even after we'd set out to do a record like that, smack in the middle of working on it, 9/11 happened. I remember there were a few of us in the studio that day, and we just ended up glued to the TV for the whole day. I think the months after that pushed us into making a darker record, as I'm sure it did with a lot of bands." (Play Louder, 2005)

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Geogaddi

Of the 23 tracks that ended up on the album BoC has said they had 90+ to choose from so I think it's reasonable that it could've been significantly restructured

Dayvan Cowboy
reflex17 wrote:
https://bocpages.org/wiki/Geogaddi

Of the 23 tracks that ended up on the album BoC has said they had 90+ to choose from so I think it's reasonable that it could've been significantly restructured

Define "Track" when some of the snippets they use are sometimes hodgepodge 10 seconds vignettes
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded
HI

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada