GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

rodox_head wrote:Maybe we can talk about something else for a fucking change then.

Sure, but in another thread, right. This one is all about NEW RELEASE SPECULATION. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
2023-06-23

Friendly Stranger
rodox_head wrote:
bingo wings wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:They're done, it's simple. No need to be sad, just find some other new music.

Pretty sure there were similar posts to the above in this very thread between 2010 and early 2013.

Funny how history repeats...
Maybe we can talk about something else for a fucking change then.

Cool

New Seed
it's 2023. the brothers have fully grown children, 35-40yrs old now. they're taking over some of the production duties in the THS studio space. mike plays depressing flute melodies and spends months recording them back and forth between two old handheld tape recorders. he's been doing this sometimes for entire years and has spent multiple months listening to the results: nothing but fuzz. marcus is playing synths by hand, not using a sequencer. he has been playing a gorgeous, heartbreaking melodies (at night) and has been slowly fading them out. one particular melody has been fading for 11 years. it's rather difficult to hear at this point. but it is felt. tears have even been provoked by what to outsiders must sound like total silence. the BOC children are charged with keeping up the appropriate levels of dust. the studio must absolutely be drenched in dust so that all sounds are old and aged. however, too much dust is annoying. marcus has made an acoustic version of all previous BOC albums using just a drum set. including unreleased material he has now done 500 albums just doing this. michael ("mike") has discovered old tunes vols 3-312 and has released them only to a handful of friends, associates, and those affiliated with THS. one of the children has done MHTRTC "children" version. the brothers saw a 1 (one) second clip from an early 80s vhs ident/logo and have spent 2 years recreating it perfectly, not only using the exact same equipment but also recreating the entire movie itself with the same actors from the original. the brothers played all the parts for the actors who are deceased. this will never be released. there are only a handful of copies, distributed to close friends at campfires and "red moon gatherings." they have amassed an impressive library of volumes pertaining to the occult, conspiracies, and social collapse scenarios and they have made soundtracks to every single one of these books. the albums will never be released. this is just something they felt like doing. marcus made BOC versions of all the sesame street puppets and the brothers are currently recreating every single sesame street episode but with BOC music and animation done by BOC. they are presently filming season 9. these will never be released, they are done for the sole viewing pleasure of their grandchildren.

new album forthcoming.

Posts Quantity
Cernunnos wrote:I'm curious what direction they'll take this time, specially after the bleakness and coldness of TH (what a fucking great album BTW still underrated 10 years after release) I hope for a fully psychedelic album !

Yes, I'd really like them to go full-on psychedelic, like the most intense bits of Geogaddi or something

Happy Cycler
Alcofribas wrote:it's 2023. the brothers have fully grown children, 35-40yrs old now. they're taking over some of the production duties in the THS studio space. mike plays depressing flute melodies and spends months recording them back and forth between two old handheld tape recorders. he's been doing this sometimes for entire years and has spent multiple months listening to the results: nothing but fuzz. marcus is playing synths by hand, not using a sequencer. he has been playing a gorgeous, heartbreaking melodies (at night) and has been slowly fading them out. one particular melody has been fading for 11 years. it's rather difficult to hear at this point. but it is felt. tears have even been provoked by what to outsiders must sound like total silence. the BOC children are charged with keeping up the appropriate levels of dust. the studio must absolutely be drenched in dust so that all sounds are old and aged. however, too much dust is annoying. marcus has made an acoustic version of all previous BOC albums using just a drum set. including unreleased material he has now done 500 albums just doing this. michael ("mike") has discovered old tunes vols 3-312 and has released them only to a handful of friends, associates, and those affiliated with THS. one of the children has done MHTRTC "children" version. the brothers saw a 1 (one) second clip from an early 80s vhs ident/logo and have spent 2 years recreating it perfectly, not only using the exact same equipment but also recreating the entire movie itself with the same actors from the original. the brothers played all the parts for the actors who are deceased. this will never be released. there are only a handful of copies, distributed to close friends at campfires and "red moon gatherings." they have amassed an impressive library of volumes pertaining to the occult, conspiracies, and social collapse scenarios and they have made soundtracks to every single one of these books. the albums will never be released. this is just something they felt like doing. marcus made BOC versions of all the sesame street puppets and the brothers are currently recreating every single sesame street episode but with BOC music and animation done by BOC. they are presently filming season 9. these will never be released, they are done for the sole viewing pleasure of their grandchildren.

new album forthcoming.

Can confirm.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:2023-06-23

YES.

Posts Quantity
Watch summer come and go and nothing comes up :)
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
Like, I know :^(

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:Watch summer come and go and nothing comes up :)

In the least we might be getting a remix from Odd Nosdam. That snippet he shared gives me TCH vibes. If not though, he definitely pressed an awesome new song himself..

Between that and Bleep mentioning him and TCH in their newsletter, I get some good vibes that something is afoot. Maybe Odd joined them as their third member ;P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:Watch summer come and go and nothing comes up :)

lets wait and see

Eagle Minded
Lol

Dayvan Cowboy
(Non of the credit is attributed to moi)

To whom are you? A or B?

A:

B:

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:(Non of the credit is attributed to moi)

To whom are you? A or B?

A:

B:

Sherbet Head
Magic Orange wrote:Image

Can I be a 0.5?

Friendly Stranger
Alcofribas wrote:it's 2023. the brothers have fully grown children, 35-40yrs old now. they're taking over some of the production duties in the THS studio space. mike plays depressing flute melodies and spends months recording them back and forth between two old handheld tape recorders. he's been doing this sometimes for entire years and has spent multiple months listening to the results: nothing but fuzz. marcus is playing synths by hand, not using a sequencer. he has been playing a gorgeous, heartbreaking melodies (at night) and has been slowly fading them out. one particular melody has been fading for 11 years. it's rather difficult to hear at this point. but it is felt. tears have even been provoked by what to outsiders must sound like total silence. the BOC children are charged with keeping up the appropriate levels of dust. the studio must absolutely be drenched in dust so that all sounds are old and aged. however, too much dust is annoying. marcus has made an acoustic version of all previous BOC albums using just a drum set. including unreleased material he has now done 500 albums just doing this. michael ("mike") has discovered old tunes vols 3-312 and has released them only to a handful of friends, associates, and those affiliated with THS. one of the children has done MHTRTC "children" version. the brothers saw a 1 (one) second clip from an early 80s vhs ident/logo and have spent 2 years recreating it perfectly, not only using the exact same equipment but also recreating the entire movie itself with the same actors from the original. the brothers played all the parts for the actors who are deceased. this will never be released. there are only a handful of copies, distributed to close friends at campfires and "red moon gatherings." they have amassed an impressive library of volumes pertaining to the occult, conspiracies, and social collapse scenarios and they have made soundtracks to every single one of these books. the albums will never be released. this is just something they felt like doing. marcus made BOC versions of all the sesame street puppets and the brothers are currently recreating every single sesame street episode but with BOC music and animation done by BOC. they are presently filming season 9. these will never be released, they are done for the sole viewing pleasure of their grandchildren.

new album forthcoming.

Alcofribas speaks truth

Dayvan Cowboy
So just to poll people, what's the consensus on the Odd Nosdam track?

Do you think it's a BOC remix or just an Odd track?

Marcus liked it himself and the track gives off Macquarie Ridge (harp sound) meets Left Side Drive (drums) vibes.

I'm not gonna set my opinion in stone because I could see either way with this. But I pray it's a BOC remix because I'm so starved for new material :)

Eagle Minded
You referring to this?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CptYchHjUi6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I love it. It also reminds me of Enya. Whom I also love.

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:You referring to this?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CptYchHjUi6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I love it. It also reminds me of Enya. Whom I also love.

Yes that! Ironically, Sisters sounded like Enya too

I'm not gonna jump the gun, but as I said, I'll be very happy if Marcus liking it means its BOC related.

What if this '45 is one side Odd and then a BOC remix on the other side?

Haha one can dream :P

Eagle Minded
Perhaps!

That snippet is so gosh darn glorious... I hope the whole song lives up to it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada