GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
I've heard a few rumblings here and there from friends in and around Edinburgh who know the guys - there's definitely something in the offing - DJ Vic Galloway was quite keen at one stage to secure an interview with them ( good luck with that one Vic !!) but I think the main reason for a delay in the release is that they're all busy having kids - which is fairly time consuming I'm sure you'll all agree ! Aside from that .... all quiet on the western front .... just have to be patient I guess .....

Sherbet Head
Pantheon wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:I really feel that this thread should be removed as it seems to be a place of bickering over a new album right now.

Lol, this thread was created so it would be the only legitimate place to bicker over a new release.
The rest of the board is much cleaner imo because of this.

Yeah, I guess I really shouldn't have said that, don't really know why I did.

Happy Cycler
Julian Candy wrote:
Pantheon wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:I really feel that this thread should be removed as it seems to be a place of bickering over a new album right now.

Lol, this thread was created so it would be the only legitimate place to bicker over a new release.
The rest of the board is much cleaner imo because of this.

Yeah, I guess I really shouldn't have said that, don't really know why I did.

it's all good man. sometimes i wish it would go away too, but people do wanna talk about it.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

This is why the album is taking so long - they've been waiting for this...

(maybe)

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Mexicola wrote:This is why the album is taking so long - they've been waiting for this...

(maybe)

lol nice one. :lol:

Sherbet Head
BoC-donna could be pretty good
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey, William Orbit (who made Strange Cargo III, one of my all time favourite albums) gave her "Frozen". With a Chris Cunningham video no less.

^^^ Was just thinking the very same thought!

Slow down...

New Seed
People have to remember that there was a 4 year gap between MHtRtC and Geogaddi, then another large gap between that and the Headphase monstrosity. It's been only 5 years since that, in which they probably took a one or two year break from making music.
http://soundcloud.com/zzwerty
Y
A
Y

BO( -BC- )AT
(-sucks-)

Eagle Minded
I have a theory that there will be a 6 year, 6 month, and 6 day gap between TCH and the new Album.
(lol speculation)
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Eagle Minded
rick7487 wrote:I have a theory that there will be a 6 year, 6 month, and 6 day gap between TCH and the new Album.
(lol speculation)

that would be sweet!

Nova Scotia Robot
I'm guessing something will happen on June 9th.

Friendly Stranger
nick47 wrote:BoC-donna could be pretty good

*Vomiting*
You don't hear me not complaining

Dayvan Cowboy
I'd start another thread for it, but I don't want to clutter up the forum any more. But, given the date, any chance of an update from MDG as to what happened to a release this year? Where are we now - did they miss it by a few weeks or is it shelved entirely?

I've been (grumblingly) happy to wait out the year and give them the benefit of the doubt based on what was said, but I think now that time has passed another update would be A Good Thing.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:This is why the album is taking so long - they've been waiting for this...

Lol I could actually see this happening! She dips her man wick in everything really. She did as Aphex to produce around the 'ray of light' phase before asking W. Orbit.

But I bet madonna will be looking for something like TOBACCO to colab with next. I'd buy it! :lol:

Boqurant
MrMessiah wrote:I'd start another thread for it, but I don't want to clutter up the forum any more. But, given the date, any chance of an update from MDG as to what happened to a release this year? Where are we now - did they miss it by a few weeks or is it shelved entirely?

I've been (grumblingly) happy to wait out the year and give them the benefit of the doubt based on what was said, but I think now that time has passed another update would be A Good Thing.

You're totally right. Any input from MDG would give us some relief... I mean at least we'd all know, rather than just speculating. :roll:

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:I'd start another thread for it, but I don't want to clutter up the forum any more. But, given the date, any chance of an update from MDG as to what happened to a release this year? Where are we now - did they miss it by a few weeks or is it shelved entirely?

This thread will clear things up.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/61247-no-boc-until-2011/

Eagle Minded
I still want an apology from MDG tho. Just an, "Oops, my bad" Would suffice... Hopefully I'm not the only person who feels this way...
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Sherbet Head
rick7487 wrote:I still want an apology from MDG tho. Just an, "Oops, my bad" Would suffice... Hopefully I'm not the only person who feels this way...

I feel the same way.

^^^ Really?!? FFS

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada