GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity

Dayvan Cowboy
outhudd wrote:Barcode on the tape is from this: https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Sele ... ase/324166

selected 'skam'bient works volume 1: the statpow/sdowww's alliance 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
Frindia wrote:Funny to me how when something is mentioned days prior, a clue or troll pops up right behind. e.g. Sundown mention from mods on Reddit then the slowed down fan video on BoC fb, Heard From Telegraph Lines mentioned from Fredd-E then a fan video once again on their fb. Can’t forget tonxism mentioning the pronunciation of closes the night before the supposed “prank” post of the liner notes. Now this. Someone just mentioned the 15 year anniversary to Dayvan Cowboy being released yesterday (August 18, 2006) now this TCHep ordeal. Hm.

The Closes liner notes were a prank. The dude was talking about it on Discord as he was making them.

Dayvan Cowboy
Since we’re all an the subject of cassettes, does anybody here still make mixtapes? CD-R, Cassette or USB?
I’ve been making a series called conditi-4nal musick (which is a terrible title)
Image of the 3 previous tapes of mine here https://ibb.co/31g7L8f

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Since we’re all an the subject of cassettes, does anybody here still make mixtapes? CD-R, Cassette or USB?
I’ve been making a series called conditi-4nal musick (which is a terrible title)

Those look fun! I do love a good mixtape.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Since we’re all an the subject of cassettes, does anybody here still make mixtapes? CD-R, Cassette or USB?

Those look fun! I do love a good mixtape.

Thanks! :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Will crack me up if we finally get a BOC announcement of some sort and people think it's a hoax. Much like The Campfire Headphase was.

Maybe that's their next approach: we'll have no idea how to tell if it's real or fake until it's finally in our hands.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
outhudd wrote:Barcode on the tape is from this: https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Sele ... ase/324166

SAW1 of course, I was making a bootleg of that too

Friendly Stranger
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Frindia wrote:Funny to me how when something is mentioned days prior, a clue or troll pops up right behind. e.g. Sundown mention from mods on Reddit then the slowed down fan video on BoC fb, Heard From Telegraph Lines mentioned from Fredd-E then a fan video once again on their fb. Can’t forget tonxism mentioning the pronunciation of closes the night before the supposed “prank” post of the liner notes. Now this. Someone just mentioned the 15 year anniversary to Dayvan Cowboy being released yesterday (August 18, 2006) now this TCHep ordeal. Hm.

The Closes liner notes were a prank. The dude was talking about it on Discord as he was making them.

all hoaxes are orchestrated on the TMW discord

Dayvan Cowboy
sdowww wrote:all hoaxes are orchestrated on the TMW discord

Most of 'em at least. And then Reddit eats them up hook, line, and sinker. :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

Most of 'em at least. And then Reddit eats them up hook, line, and sinker. :roll:

I wonder about that post on reddit in may where there was a strange sticker on the packaging of geogaddi in a record shop that read ‘xx.xx.ii.ism vIR.2.al’ it’s seems BoC reddit is an entirely different place compared to here, are hoax’s so rampant in a fanbase that remains relatively active even with a BOC having a Small (Apologies) cult following. Though the fakes are entertaining, I somewhat feel like our time (as fans) is to be better spent. Well, reading that back it sounds like a real downer, (Better inject some positivity) *coughs.........pioneer plaque predictions (PPP) here we come! :D

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

I wonder about that post on reddit in may where there was a strange sticker on the packaging of geogaddi in a record shop that read ‘xx.xx.ii.ism vIR.2.al’ it’s seems BoC reddit is an entirely different place compared to here, are hoax’s so rampant in a fanbase that remains relatively active even with a BOC having a Small (Apologies) cult following. Though the fakes are entertaining, I somewhat feel like our time (as fans) is to be better spent. Well, reading that back it sounds like a real downer, (Better inject some positivity) *coughs.........pioneer plaque predictions (PPP) here we come! :D

The guy actually delivered and bought the vinyl which to no one's surprise had nothing on it.
Suck my BUTT

New Seed
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

Pretty much exactly how I did, huh? Apologies for stirring the nest for nest for no reason :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Though the fakes are entertaining, I somewhat feel like our time (as fans) is to be better spent. Well, reading that back it sounds like a real downer, (Better inject some positivity) *coughs.........pioneer plaque predictions (PPP) here we come! :D

If BOC won't release any lore or material, release some yourself. :wink: I personally don't mind the fakes, but I've gotten to a point where even I know when something's fake AKA it comes from Reddit. Hexagon Sun have never had a presence on there.

As for the Pioneer Plaque Speculation, well, my only guess is we're getting an announcement on the day it was posted. Now if only we knew when that was exactly. The sixth or seventh of September maybe?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Though the fakes are entertaining, I somewhat feel like our time (as fans) is to be better spent. Well, reading that back it sounds like a real downer, (Better inject some positivity) *coughs.........pioneer plaque predictions (PPP) here we come! :D

If BOC won't release any lore or material, release some yourself. :wink: I personally don't mind the fakes, but I've gotten to a point where even I know when something's fake AKA it comes from Reddit. Hexagon Sun have never had a presence on there.

As for the Pioneer Plaque Speculation, well, my only guess is we're getting an announcement on the day it was posted. Now if only we knew when that was exactly. The sixth or seventh of September maybe?

I agree that the pioneer plaque might be a precursor to the theme of the next album, but I have a nagging doubt which says that if the mushroom cloud banner was uploaded 2-3 years before TH we might have a similar wait. then again it has been 8 years & I’m sure whatever they have planned is being wrapped up, Also there’s a comment fromsomebody on YouTube that I don’t think anyone’s noticed, it’s probably faeces plopping out of a calf’s behind (bullshit) but somebody called

‘Ezio the pirate’ commented

“Bring boards of Canada back! You guys have had a long enough hiatus. Come on back and keep releasing the masterpieces that you have been pumping out!”

Then somebody usernamed ‘Jamieboy’ says something interesting

“there’s a new album on the way, made and ready to drop I believe.”

Ezio replies

“really?, what is it called and when will it drop? Thank you for telling me this!”

Jamieboy then says

“I live in the same town as one of the brothers, I see him in Asda believe it or not. I have a close friend that knows Marcus and he had been going on that a new album was being made but it ended up in a queue in some sort of production line I believe. Anyway time will tell but I’m looking forward to it myself, remember to come back here when it drops”

Here’s to link for the video with the comments https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rLn7DotzI8Q

Echelon wrote:I know when something's fake AKA it comes from Reddit. Hexagon Sun have never had a presence on there.

QFT

Orbited insanitarium wrote:Here’s to link for the video with the comments https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rLn7DotzI8Q

One year old. :roll: I'd say skip this one.

Dayvan Cowboy
Weird, I was sitting besides a river, when a crow appeared. It looked at me, and kept repeating a phrase of sorts. Looking closer, I realised it was wearing some form of attire, with an emblem printed on it. I was like, "Hold your horses..Woah. Mother fucking BOC emblem in the house"! Obviously realising the significance of this scene before me, I quickly grabbed my phone and recorded. Boy was I excited! I was trembling with absolute glee!
I raced home, and ran up the stairs, almost tripping on the last step. I quickly download the file onto my computer. I tried all sorts of trickery to decipher the message...hours passed...nothing. Then it suddenly came to me. Reverse. Always reverse! Low and behold, I cracked it!!
So here's the message, confirmed by none other than the official Boards of Canada crow 2021 - "As the crow flies, over the landscape, the people below begin to fade, like time. Learn patience and be patient, my friends. Listen carefully, and you will soon hear, amongst the chaos, songs like new horizons. Not on the internet, but outside of it."
Can you believe it?!? We've all been looking in the wrong place after all this time! Their marketing strategy surpasses anything I've certainly know before. So there you have it. It's official! Hallelujah!

bleak. wrote:Hallelujah!
Amen, brother.

Dayvan Cowboy
Good post, strong dates, wait and you will see.

From 2021-08-21 to 08-22

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada