GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
MicroDave23 wrote:Hello! Ive never messaged anyone or posted anything on here before so i hope this doesnt offend. For the past 3 months ive been trying too not look into BOC and just learn more about 60s-70s -80s bands until they throw something out there. While doing so I came across Sequoia Old Tape that I guess aired 2/22/2022 which has The Incredible String Band then goes into extremely well made BOC videos too like 8 or so songs and I know at least one of the songs Ive never heard. So I ended up too my knees in BOC once again. I dont wanna post the links on here and it get me in any kind of trouble. Can anyone messagae me and fill me in on these few interesting and mysterious videos? Ill send the links happily when someone gets back too me. Cheers!

What I want to know is why you named yourself MicroDave and why do you have 23 in your name?
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
Probably doesn't mean much but Mr. MDG was online.
Last time he was on was for Geo's noneiversary.

One can only hope there's a good reason he was on but it's probably nothing.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Probably doesn't mean much but Mr. MDG was online.

The thing I will never understand about “MDG was here”, is that he’d only log in to check his messages/message someone else or to post. We know he’s not posting. So who is he corresponding with? You don’t need to log in to merely read the forum.

Helios wrote:
Echelon wrote:Probably doesn't mean much but Mr. MDG was online.

The thing I will never understand about “MDG was here”, is that he’d only log in to check his messages/message someone else or to post. We know he’s not posting. So who is he corresponding with? You don’t need to log in to merely read the forum.

Well he can just read his incoming messages and maybe reply to some or none. Who knows?

Dayvan Cowboy
My dream is that the 666th item is a deluxe 20th anniversary of Geogaddi with inverted artwork (turquoise instead of orange) with additional tracks including a full studio version of Spiro, Echus and those other ATP rarities alongside brand new Geo outtakes.

When MDG came on for Geo's birthday and people like me were upset that they didn't do anything he was laughing and going "they have no idea what's in store this year!"

Haha hey I can dream can't I? :P

Friendly Stranger
I'm fairly confident the new album is going to be released in September.

Eagle Minded
mmmark wrote:I'm fairly confident the new album is going to be released in September.

I feel a similar way.
Why do you feel this way?

Signed sincerely
Kevin Olson
I mean hexagonFox!?!?!

mmmark wrote:I'm fairly confident the new album is going to be released in September.

And a timely announcement somewhere in July? (Pre-orders)

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:

https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunch/countdown.html

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

Between Wu-Lu and Hudmo maybe?

We can at least take solace in knowing that the "big release of the year" hasn't dropped yet. Last year it was Squid and Nightmare on Wax. Here I don't think anything yet. Flylo dropped a fire single so maybe it'll be him.

But deep down I can only hope those brothers return. Want to hear a familiar drone on the horizon :)

Posts Quantity

Confirmation from MDG himself. Album soon!

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:Image

Neat :) Not sure if legit but he did respond to me back in 2019 and that does look like his writing style.

Either way, he restated the plain truth: new BOC coming. :D

Posts Quantity
…it’s legit lmao

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:…it’s legit lmao

I believe you haha. He didn't tell us anything we didn't know. I appreciate it for sharing though :D

Posts Quantity
it sure would be perfect to use the 666th release, especially if it happened to be the first Hell Interface full length, which also wouldn't really be that shocking since we saw strange activity from HI on facebook last year..
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
personally i don't see it as being cliche. i get it, but i don't agree. i think it's far too specific of an expectation to think they're too cryptic for that, and i also think it's silly to suggest they don't want to be associated with Satanism, especially considering how many times they've referenced it.

i'm not holding out hope for it or anything but i think it is foolish to rule out the possibility.

i'm actually leaning more toward the 666th release not ending up being from them, but at the same time i don't understand why anyone would think they would be against it or something.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
i don’t put it past the band who made one of their records 66 minutes and 6 seconds long and the last track on their albums 666kbs to be the 666th warp records release.

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:Image

Surprised he was so forward, but it is bloody great to see! Again, not sure if you had written consent to post this image here through the forum and the wider community nethersphere, considering how frank it is.

I'm with Echelon here, it doesn't say anything we don't already know. An' hey. I ain't complainin' :D :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
If anything, I think that MDG sharing stuff with Babylulu is part of an anti arg campaign where instead of crypticness they promote their new album through Twitter likes and now word of mouth.

Don't even need to ask warp to promote things when your rabid fanbase will do it all on their own haha

Boqurant
Holy shit maybe the 1000th speculation page theory is real and they will provide some more information

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada