GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:I'm curious. Would any of you be disappointed if we got a Hell Interface album instead of a BOC album after all these years?

Personally, i wouldn't. I think it would be an opportunity to either do something different with their talent or simply showcase their discordian humor and perhaps drive the Geogaddi sound into even madder territories.

I think what it all boils down to is, I'm simply excited to see what Mike and Marcus as people do next, regardless of the title they call their work.

PS: I have a theory that Daft Punk got boxed in with their style/brand and had no further territory to explore with it, so they simply threw in the towel. So if BOC are going to change things up with their approach/name in order to continue to mine new territory, i'm all for it.

definitely would not be remotely disappointed!

i might even end up more excited for that.

personally i feel that is kind of unlikely, but all the recent activity related to HI makes me consider otherwise..

also, i suppose especially coming after the apocalyptic vibes of Tomorrow's Harvest, i could see a full length Hell Interface album making sense, as they seem to save a lot of their ultra creepy shit for Hell Interface....

that could make a lot of sense... after the apocalypse, we finally hear the dead.

hmmmmm!!!!!! 8)
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I'm curious. Would any of you be disappointed if we got a Hell Interface album instead of a BOC album after all these years?

Personally, i wouldn't. I think it would be an opportunity to either do something different with their talent or simply showcase their discordian humor and perhaps drive the Geogaddi sound into even madder territories.

I think what it all boils down to is, I'm simply excited to see what Mike and Marcus as people do next, regardless of the title they call their work.

PS: I have a theory that Daft Punk got boxed in with their style/brand and had no further territory to explore with it, so they simply threw in the towel. So if BOC are going to change things up with their approach/name in order to continue to mine new territory, i'm all for it.

I suspect BoC could release 10 albums of work and we would find something fulfilling and slightly different with each of them. DP started to sound a bit stale to me (sorry!).

I would be fine with a new HI album, but I'm more curious to see how they will build on TH. I actually would love a space theme that was more ambient heavy.

Curious, any Nik Turner fans here? Space Gypsy was so unabashedly fun.

New Seed

I agree with you Echelon. I think it's the ideal place for them to release different stuff. They've always said that for every album (which is distinctly different in its own right) there's a plethora of tracks that don't make it, so imagine how much HI stuff they have?!

I could see it being a music70 release, perhaps?

Posts Quantity
the idea of a full length Hell Interface album is actually very exciting

one thing i would be intrigued to see is what the artwork would look like???

technically they haven't really made any Hell Interface art right?

this excites me. my guess would be more old tunes / twoism like art, just more rugged and rough than the smoothed out, refined BoC aesthetic, and more creepy and dark of course.
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
For Hell Interface art we might get more photoshopped pop stars, I wonder if a HI album would just be all remixes. I wouldn't mind, but it would be cooler to hear some entirely original HI stuff.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded

I'll eat up anything they release even if the album is 1 hour of The Story of Xentrix extended
yes, i would love to be free!

Posts Quantity
I want them to make a weird ass plunderphonics album as HI with cursed cover art and for it to be available on 12" and cassette
Last edited by fefor on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
well we do have two non-remix Hell Interface tracks already.

The Story of Xentrix, and Soylent Night.

my hope would be a nice mixture of remixes, plus original tracks and whatever else bizarre shit they would do.

it would be very very interesting if we got a full Hell Interface album with ZERO remixes though.

to me, that'd be the most exciting since we would kind of expect remixes.
"R-Worded"

Boqurant
I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but if after 7+ years all we get a Hell Interface album that is just remixes, I would be disappointed.

Sherbet Head
debugDolores wrote:I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but if after 7+ years all we get a Hell Interface album that is just remixes, I would be disappointed.

As long as it's not nothing I'm happy :oops:
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
debugDolores wrote:I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but if after 7+ years all we get a Hell Interface album that is just remixes, I would be disappointed.

I'm with you there. Personally I'd be slightly disappointed if we got a HI album instead of a BoC album because I mean I only got into BoC after Tomorrow's Harvest came out so I'd really like to see new BoC content release.

I mean I'm sure I'd still highly enjoy an HI album but it's basically a dream of mine to see the words "New release from Boards Of Canada" show up on my feed lol.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Posts Quantity
those of you who think you would be disappointed..

i'll bet you that disappointment wouldn't last very long!

:P
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
i say as long as we get a full release, and as long as it's still the same two dudes..... it's gonna be mind blowing, for sure.

i don't imagine they would ever release a full length of Hell Interface remixes though lol that would be quite bizarre.

if they do a HI album, it would probably contain some remixes, but i would think only a small number of tracks on the album would be remixes.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
I just wanna listen to any project of theirs tbh even if its not electronic music, I know that they have great taste as proven by the mixtapes (including the one from the mag back in 2005)
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
oh my god

i just considered the possibility of a MBV BOC remix, or................... collaboration

holy shit

please god, or alien satan anus.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
i shit my pants when i found out about Eno and Shields collaborating.

that woulda been a cool BOC remix.
"R-Worded"

Boqurant
Give it a bit longer.

Boqurant
It occurred to me today that the fretless bass track from Societas x Tape could very well be Boards of Canada. Has anyone considered this? I am I crazy? If the that's what the new album sounded like I would not be disappointed. I am also in the camp that is interested in basically anything the brothers want to share.
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp

Dayvan Cowboy
fefor wrote:I want them to make a weird ass plunderphonics album as HI with cursed cover art and for it to be available on 12" and cassette

God that would be amazing. I'm a huge plunderphonics fan so that would probably be the musical release of my life.
Last edited by SamuraiDrifter on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
bendu wrote:It occurred to me today that the fretless bass track from Societas x Tape could very well be Boards of Canada. Has anyone considered this? I am I crazy? If the that's what the new album sounded like I would not be disappointed. I am also in the camp that is interested in basically anything the brothers want to share.

Certainly could be, they mentioned at one point they have a lot of unreleased music wildly different from what appears on BoC albums that would not be easily recognizable as their work.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada