GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Damn that is cool. Getting good vibes for the 23rd anniversary of MHTRTC!

I, too, have seen the orange flash before the banner loads. But it’s not happening as I try to check it out now. Other pages do something similar but not with orange.

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:I’ve been on a wormhole for the past week. I’ve noticed Boards of Canadas Twitter account switched the banner from orange to the same as their Facebook banner. Now it displays only the picture of the antennas with blue sky. But if you click the picture you will notice the orange will show for a brief second. If you then google the color oranges decimal code you will get an RgB code of 255, 165, 0 if you add that together you get tomorrow’s date. 1 of several things is happening here.
1. A nod to 420
2. A nod to the date that LSD was first discovered during the most infamous bicycle ride / (Happy Cycling)
3. The 23rd anniversary of MHTRTC which lands on 4/20/21. This also plays on the 23 enigma which was played on heavily during Geogaddi having 23 tracks upon multiple other references.
Any help with this theory or other ties to dates.
It seems like they have been playing a lot with space events as well. For example the pioneer reference on both HellInterface and other social media sites, also by coincidence the 8year mark of Tomorrow’s Harvest lands on a solar eclipse who’s path of totality passes over Canada there are plenty of other coincidences, the turquoise Hexagon on top of Saturn for example. This list keeps going.

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
I like your prediction and it would be an amazing catch if it comes true. Record Store Day, 4/20, and the anniversary does seem to be some sort of nexus. For me, all these little changes on social media don’t mean much. The orange I haven’t considered any activity notable since maybe the Societas X tape. Am I missing something?

The prediction is also cool because it will come to pass soon enough and then we will know.

Boqurant
hexagonFox wrote:I’ve been on a wormhole for the past week. I’ve noticed Boards of Canadas Twitter account switched the banner from orange to the same as their Facebook banner. Now it displays only the picture of the antennas with blue sky. But if you click the picture you will notice the orange will show for a brief second. If you then google the color oranges decimal code you will get an RgB code of 255, 165, 0 if you add that together you get tomorrow’s date. 1 of several things is happening here.
1. A nod to 420
2. A nod to the date that LSD was first discovered during the most infamous bicycle ride / (Happy Cycling)
3. The 23rd anniversary of MHTRTC which lands on 4/20/21. This also plays on the 23 enigma which was played on heavily during Geogaddi having 23 tracks upon multiple other references.
It seems like they have been playing a lot with space events as well. For example the pioneer reference on both HellInterface and other social media sites, also by coincidence the 8year mark of Tomorrow’s Harvest lands on a solar eclipse who’s path of totality passes over Canada there are plenty of other coincidences, the turquoise Hexagon on top of Saturn for example. This list keeps going.

My 2 cents they are trolling us again. Still a good sign though.

Posts Quantity
Am I the only one who thinks that a photoshopped Whitney Houston pic (and probably all of this recent activity) is much more likely to be a wind-up by a fan? Probably the most successful wind-up yet.

Wasn't there a 100% fan produced fake "How Will I Know" edit some years ago (based on a HI track with this name in an old article).

Seems odd to me that BoC would then themselves use some bad Whitney Houston photoshopping to herald a new release.

I mean photoshopping bad teeth on to some who died of a cocaine overdose? Seems like an unnecessarily tasteless move. Especially in these ultra-PC times etc, it just seems they'd be exposing themselves to questions about that by music media if there is indeed a new release announced.

A new release announcement would be great, but I can't be convinced this is anything other than a fan fake, and the ownership of at least some of these social media accounts isn't what we think it is.

Dayvan Cowboy
outhudd, there's been pages of discussion going over and over how incredibly unlikely it is that the Hell Interface page is fake. The discussion has been rehashed so many times at this point I have absolutely no interest in going into it yet again, but no, there's absolutely no evidence that this was a "wind-up by a fan." I'd encourage you to go read Fredd-E's thread consolidating it all.

Also yeah BoC would never use an edited picture of a dead pop star because they don't want to be seen as "tasteless" or offend delicate sensibilities in "ultra-PC" times, good point, that's exactly what their artistic outlook has always been. Avoid anything that might be provocative, that's Boards of Canada. Especially when they go by Hell Interface, that's how you know they're being ultra-safe.

Eagle Minded
outhudd wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that a photoshopped Whitney Houston pic (and probably all of this recent activity) is much more likely to be a wind-up by a fan? Probably the most successful wind-up yet.

Wasn't there a 100% fan produced fake "How Will I Know" edit some years ago (based on a HI track with this name in an old article).

Seems odd to me that BoC would then themselves use some bad Whitney Houston photoshopping to herald a new release.

I mean photoshopping bad teeth on to some who died of a cocaine overdose? Seems like an unnecessarily tasteless move. Especially in these ultra-PC times etc, it just seems they'd be exposing themselves to questions about that by music media if there is indeed a new release announced.

A new release announcement would be great, but I can't be convinced this is anything other than a fan fake, and the ownership of at least some of these social media accounts isn't what we think it is.

We think the facebook page is them because it had an uncropped version of the pioneer banner and was created on the same day as one of the unlisted videos from the tomorrow's harvest arg thing. There's actually some people a few pages back questioning if the whitney houston thing was in good taste or whatever, but it's hard to say with their persona being so vague n all.

Boqurant
Boc and Warp are both British...not sure they would use US date formatting in their planning. 420 should read 204
I was a kid

Posts Quantity
Speaking of the un-cropped Pioneer Plaque — I had a thought.

YouTube banners are cropped based on the device you’re running the application on. On desktop, it can be up to 2560 x 423, but on TV the banner is much taller at 2560 x 1440: https://imgur.com/a/D4OgPq2

Would it be worth checking some of the YouTube accounts that use the Pioneer banner on the something like the YouTube app for PlayStation or other sized devices?

Eagle Minded
Happy Holidays fellas

Dayvan Cowboy
I want them to do a sinister MJ photoshop next :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Also yeah BoC would never use an edited picture of a dead pop star because they don't want to be seen as "tasteless" or offend delicate sensibilities in "ultra-PC" times, good point, that's exactly what their artistic outlook has always been. Avoid anything that might be provocative, that's Boards of Canada. Especially when they go by Hell Interface, that's how you know they're being ultra-safe.

I think he might have BOC confused with Plaid. :lol:

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I want them to do a sinister MJ photoshop next :lol:

Michael Jackson or Mary Jane? :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:
Echelon wrote:I want them to do a sinister MJ photoshop next :lol:

Michael Jackson or Mary Jane? :wink:

At this point, I think both at once would be fitting ;)

Sherbet Head
HappyCyclist wrote:Speaking of the un-cropped Pioneer Plaque — I had a thought.

YouTube banners are cropped based on the device you’re running the application on. On desktop, it can be up to 2560 x 423, but on TV the banner is much taller at 2560 x 1440: https://imgur.com/a/D4OgPq2

Would it be worth checking some of the YouTube accounts that use the Pioneer banner on the something like the YouTube app for PlayStation or other sized devices?

You can get all the banner size versions from the source code of the page. most of the bigger ones are scaled up by youtube. Just right click the page select "view source" instead of "inspect" and do CTRL-F to do a word search and search for "tvBanner" or "yt3" you'll find the links there. you can replace one of the number in the link it gives to have the bigger version of the image.

These are the full sizes afaik:

Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
1. A nod to 420

The whole "orange banner" thing is a twitter glitch. Do it for any other banner for any other account on mobile, and it will still show the "orange banner". us boc fans are too bored...

As for the other things, I think its certainly possible. Maybe something will happen tonight?
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:
1. A nod to 420

The whole "orange banner" thing is a twitter glitch. Do it for any other banner for any other account on mobile, and it will still show the "orange banner". us boc fans are too bored...

As for the other things, I think its certainly possible. Maybe something will happen tonight?

I’ve tried multiple others and no orange , only on BOC & Mike Sandison. I’ve tried this on Elon Musk, Thom Yorke, Jeff Bezoes etc etc tons of randoes can any one confirm this.

Posts Quantity
If I click on any Twitter user, you can see the dominant primary color of their banner for a millisecond. I remember seeing the orange one for BOC even though orange isn't in their banner. I just checked and the color is turquoise/sky blue.

Dayvan Cowboy
TheStatPow wrote:
HappyCyclist wrote:Speaking of the un-cropped Pioneer Plaque — I had a thought.

You can get all the banner size versions from the source code of the page. most of the bigger ones are scaled up by youtube. Just right click the page select "view source" instead of "inspect" and do CTRL-F to do a word search and search for "tvBanner" or "yt3" you'll find the links there. you can replace one of the number in the link it gives to have the bigger version of the image.

These are the full sizes afaik:

Nice one, thanks!

Eagle Minded
I've watched the melting under the orange hexagon sun vid like 7 times cuz I think it's hilarious- my friends think it's evil. I don't disagree with them..

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada