GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Like, honestly, when is this new album coming out. lol.

Sherbet Head
Stry Craty Bya wrote:Like, honestly, when is this new album coming out. lol.

Like maybe next year, probably honestly who knows.

Dayvan Cowboy
I speculate that the new BoC will be out in 2013.

Which sucks seeing as the second Korean War has just begun, and WikiLeaks has spawned WWIII. A global diplomatic crisis could have at least waited until AFTER the new BoC was out...so inconsiderate.

Phasen wrote:... the second Korean War has just begun, and WikiLeaks has spawned WWIII. A global diplomatic crisis could have at least waited until AFTER the new BoC was out...so inconsiderate.

These are both actually part of their viral campaign to promote the new album. As is global warming. They're waiting for an asteroid strike and subsequent super-tsunami before releasing the album.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
Phasen wrote:... the second Korean War has just begun, and WikiLeaks has spawned WWIII. A global diplomatic crisis could have at least waited until AFTER the new BoC was out...so inconsiderate.

These are both actually part of their viral campaign to promote the new album. As is global warming. They're waiting for an asteroid strike and subsequent super-tsunami before releasing the album.

Ahh I knew it!

They just have to do it before the end of 2012!

Posts Quantity
Well I cant speculate. All in good time. I know when it comes out, it will be worth the wait. Knowing their talent and how long they take to make an album, it will be just brilliant. I'll be one of the first to buy it, thats for sure!
Die hard BOC fan since 1998!

Happy Cycler
i speculate that there will be yet more speculation regarding peoples' speculative thoughts.
"It's been a long time..."

Boqurant
I prey 2011 is more newsworthy than 2010.
that is all..

Sherbet Head
sexagon hun wrote:I prey 2011 is more newsworthy than 2010.
that is all..

define:prey - to profit from in an exploitatory manner

I believe you mean, "pray"

:D
Scott

hexagon son wrote:i speculate that there will be yet more speculation regarding peoples' speculative thoughts.

This is just speculation..

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
alright...well- how many of you watch adult swim regularly? They always are playing bits of Warp Records music (mostly Bibio and FlyLo) over their little 'vignette' pieces that end commercials.

I have been noticing for a while now that owls are repetitive in the newer pieces. Remember on the BoC myspace when owls were freaking everywhere in the top friends, etc? The same fucking owls are on a lot of the new adult swim ads. Also, they just launched a new feedback site called 'boards.adultswim.com' or something.....BOARDS.

OWLS (Some hidden, look for them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41X_6xMlbcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elXX-C5N4jI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTWCEjSwKV4

you get the point. I checked the BoC myspace and now only one of the friends has an owl photo...but yeh. they used to be all 8 owls and i recall some discussion on Twoism about it. Just a random coincidence probably, but interesting for you more hopeful BoCcers, so I thought I'd share.

(NOTE: I don't expect it to mean anything, just sharing cause I thought some might. Don't tear me to pieces).

Boqurant
I hope the Korean's wait until the new BoC lp comes out and I can download it here.

I'm in China, teaching English for a year you see...
One Very Important Thought

Posts Quantity
After the war, when we will release records again, the first one will be OwlwO, the new BOC. When we return to our villages, all covered in leaks and financial instability our wives will fall in our arms and we'll dance. We'll use Ipad's to learn our children to write and reflect, rather than to read and disrespect. All religious houses will be used for comedynights and huge speakers will arise upon them and vibrant molecules of air will harmonize those who were left alive in the fictional war that will be remembered as the least violent war in history because every corps fallen was killed by none but itself. (Except for the few that were hit by a car driven by someone who just killed himself. And not to forget the people smashed by jumpers near high buildings). It will also be remembered as the first ecological war as the body's were used for green energy creation as they tend to be a source of methanol throughout the rotting process. 300 bodies provided enough energy for half a city for 2 years. Citric acid was distilled from the bodies and sold as 'war-liqeur' to stock-traders for exhuberant prices to finance the floating bodywaste-energy-plants. However war-liquer killed neurons. This way the financial market was left by itself and could, like nature, recover itself in balance all over the globe. 13 years after the war people will fully understand these side-effects and restart annual count. Since then western history books mention the era B.C., the era A.C., and the era B.O.C.
whooosh

Eagle Minded
i love MDG and BoC and everything they do / have done.

but 2010 has been a pretty big letdown.

i don't think it'll be here in 2011, either. i would place literal cash on a bet that it'll be here in 2012.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Sherbet Head
Phasen wrote:alright...well- how many of you watch adult swim regularly? They always are playing bits of Warp Records music (mostly Bibio and FlyLo) over their little 'vignette' pieces that end commercials.

I have been noticing for a while now that owls are repetitive in the newer pieces. Remember on the BoC myspace when owls were freaking everywhere in the top friends, etc? The same fucking owls are on a lot of the new adult swim ads. Also, they just launched a new feedback site called 'boards.adultswim.com' or something.....BOARDS.

OWLS (Some hidden, look for them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41X_6xMlbcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elXX-C5N4jI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTWCEjSwKV4

you get the point. I checked the BoC myspace and now only one of the friends has an owl photo...but yeh. they used to be all 8 owls and i recall some discussion on Twoism about it. Just a random coincidence probably, but interesting for you more hopeful BoCcers, so I thought I'd share.

(NOTE: I don't expect it to mean anything, just sharing cause I thought some might. Don't tear me to pieces).

I think a better example would be [as]'s Do Not Stray bump, even though it's old, it plays Sherbet Head and has an owl in it. FYI: I don't believe the third one is a real one.

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/428

We're so desperate for news that were looking at [as] bumps for clues :lol:

Eagle Minded
I usually check Twoism once every other day or every other 2 days and I can already foresee the ONE day I don't check on here the album will be announced...

Dayvan Cowboy
Stry Craty Bya wrote:I usually check Twoism once every other day or every other 2 days and I can already foresee the ONE day I don't check on here the album will be announced...

i often think this way too.

Boqurant
Portishead are curating nexts years ATP, so maybe in 2012 BOC will get a chance to do the same.

Posts Quantity
PadraïK wrote:After the war, when we will release records again, the first one will be OwlwO, the new BOC. When we return to our villages, all covered in leaks and financial instability our wives will fall in our arms and we'll dance. We'll use Ipad's to learn our children to write and reflect, rather than to read and disrespect. All religious houses will be used for comedynights and huge speakers will arise upon them and vibrant molecules of air will harmonize those who were left alive in the fictional war that will be remembered as the least violent war in history because every corps fallen was killed by none but itself. (Except for the few that were hit by a car driven by someone who just killed himself. And not to forget the people smashed by jumpers near high buildings). It will also be remembered as the first ecological war as the body's were used for green energy creation as they tend to be a source of methanol throughout the rotting process. 300 bodies provided enough energy for half a city for 2 years. Citric acid was distilled from the bodies and sold as 'war-liqeur' to stock-traders for exhuberant prices to finance the floating bodywaste-energy-plants. However war-liquer killed neurons. This way the financial market was left by itself and could, like nature, recover itself in balance all over the globe. 13 years after the war people will fully understand these side-effects and restart annual count. Since then western history books mention the era B.C., the era A.C., and the era B.O.C.

That's, um... interesting.

Sherbet Head
That's one immense story. Kinda laughed out loud :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada