GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 207
Joined: 19 Sep 2022
Location: USA
Running around in circles.
Image

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1027
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
luminousdusk wrote:Don't really see what's ridiculous about having a social media rep. I mean what does MDG do?

"social media rep" is different from "warp intern." MDG is a close and trusted friend, not some college student with no connection to the band just posting meaningless stuff for engagement bait.

and the idea that their social media accounts are run by AI should be self-evidently ridiculous

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1611
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
SamuraiDrifter, much like all speculation in this thread, everything is typed with an included pinch of salt. :wink:
Image

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Don't really see what's ridiculous about having a social media rep. I mean what does MDG do?

"social media rep" is different from "warp intern." MDG is a close and trusted friend, not some college student with no connection to the band just posting meaningless stuff for engagement bait.

and the idea that their social media accounts are run by AI should be self-evidently ridiculous


Well until there's any evidence to prove or disprove anything, every opinion is as relevant as any other.

Feel free to give us your theory on the weird YouTube strangeness, Do you think it's Mike or Marcus linking us to Justin Bieber videos?

I take what MDG says as truth.. That the bros don't use social media or bother with the Internet in general..
So whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

If its not engagement bait then what is it? Have you cracked the code? Please enlighten us

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1955
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Orbited insanitarium wrote:SamuraiDrifter, much like all speculation in this thread, everything is typed with an included pinch of salt. :wink:



This boy knows stuff. There's no need to feel superior to anybody in this thread when we're all groping in the dark.

And we all get the same album/lack of album at the end of the day so it doesn't matter who is wrong or right.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
For it is the speculation thread, of course

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Location: Somewhere Else
At least we still have that Stargate Zine to look forward to, right?

...

Oh, who am I kidding? Even Stargate probably forgot that their own zine existed by now
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1955
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Jango9 wrote:At least we still have that Stargate Zine to look forward to, right?

...

Oh, who am I kidding? Even Stargate probably forgot that their own zine existed by now



I was pretty hyped for that honestly. Sad it never materialized. But hey, maybe May 2023 ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1027
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
luminousdusk wrote:Well until there's any evidence to prove or disprove anything, every opinion is as relevant as any other.

Feel free to give us your theory on the weird YouTube strangeness, Do you think it's Mike or Marcus linking us to Justin Bieber videos?

I take what MDG says as truth.. That the bros don't use social media or bother with the Internet in general..
So whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

If its not engagement bait then what is it? Have you cracked the code? Please enlighten us

-MDG never said they don't use social media. He said that he as well as several others have access to their social media accounts

-the Marcus Eoin Twitter account has been connected via metadata to the YouTube & FB Hell Interface accounts, which are known to be legitimate. The Marcus Eoin Twitter was following a number of accounts that are directly connected w/ BOC's personal interests and music tastes such as survivalism, conspiracies, Weyes Blood, Drab Majesty, etc
Way too personally relevant for an AI (??) or even an intern to be following.

-Not sure what you're talking about with Justin Bieber videos but yes, I believe they're posting weird stuff on their social media accounts to troll people. 10+ years ago the official BOC account posted "Diet Coke Green Screen Failure" in response to the Chameleon fake, do you think they had an AI running their social media pages in 2009?

-Do you think the "Uuh" video was made by an AI?

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Well until there's any evidence to prove or disprove anything, every opinion is as relevant as any other.

Feel free to give us your theory on the weird YouTube strangeness, Do you think it's Mike or Marcus linking us to Justin Bieber videos?

I take what MDG says as truth.. That the bros don't use social media or bother with the Internet in general..
So whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

If its not engagement bait then what is it? Have you cracked the code? Please enlighten us

-MDG never said they don't use social media. He said that he as well as several others have access to their social media accounts

-the Marcus Eoin Twitter account has been connected via metadata to the YouTube & FB Hell Interface accounts, which are known to be legitimate. The Marcus Eoin Twitter was following a number of accounts that are directly connected w/ BOC's personal interests and music tastes such as survivalism, conspiracies, Weyes Blood, Drab Majesty, etc
Way too personally relevant for an AI (??) or even an intern to be following.

-Not sure what you're talking about with Justin Bieber videos but yes, I believe they're posting weird stuff on their social media accounts to troll people. 10+ years ago the official BOC account posted "Diet Coke Green Screen Failure" in response to the Chameleon fake, do you think they had an AI running their social media pages in 2009?

-Do you think the "Uuh" video was made by an AI?


Let me begin with a few quotes from MDG:

"the myspace page was taken over by warp some time ago, and is now maintained by both warp staff and a couple of friends of the band"

Above is one example that warp staff or as you call them 'interns' - took care of their social media

"they (the brothers) see things like MySpace as counter-productive homogenizing communities"

MySpace was social media, So we can take it that "things like myspace" is referring to social media in general

"They're not particularly interested in wasting valuable time on the net, in general."

I think leading fans down a youtube rabbit hole to a Justin Bieber video could be regarded as "wasting valuable time"

In regard to twitter:

"The guys have very little interest in using sites like these, but they will be used by music70/warp for news announcements etc when needed."

Here it clearly states that warp do infact use the boc related twitter accounts

Just because a twitter account is verified and confirmed as legitimate, It is NOT proof that it is the brothers themselves behind the keyboard and not once have I declared that I think the twitter accounts are illegitimate

And lastly I never said that anything was being done by AI, I said it was an interesting idea so don't quote me on things I never said!

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1027
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Having a negative opinion of social media doesn't mean you don't use it. I have a very negative opinion of social media and I use it all the time.

Regardless, if you're not pushing the idea that BOC social media accounts are run by some AI then what I'm saying isn't aimed at you. I think it's pretty clear they have direct involvement in what goes on their social media accounts (an intern didn't make the Uuh video or upload the soundboard Julie and Candy under AtalantaFugiens), but the idea that they have other ppl helping run their accounts is actually somewhelat reasonable. Thinking that a band that has expressed distaste for modern technology and the lack of connections between ppl is having an artificial intelligence run their fan interactions is just silly

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Having a negative opinion of social media doesn't mean you don't use it. I have a very negative opinion of social media and I use it all the time.

Regardless, if you're not pushing the idea that BOC social media accounts are run by some AI then what I'm saying isn't aimed at you. I think it's pretty clear they have direct involvement in what goes on their social media accounts (an intern didn't make the Uuh video or upload the soundboard Julie and Candy under AtalantaFugiens), but the idea that they have other ppl helping run their accounts is actually somewhelat reasonable. Thinking that a band that has expressed distaste for modern technology and the lack of connections between ppl is having an artificial intelligence run their fan interactions is just silly



Yeah the AI thing is a bit of a reach I agree with you there.. Still an interesting idea regardless..

Also I sure don't doubt the bros themselves have direct involvement with what goes on their social media accounts

As for the 'Uuh' video, personally I'm not 100% convinced the brothers made that just yet, The apparently high quality Red Moss sample being really the only tangible evidence it was made by the bros because they would have the original synth patch isn't really tenable because there are supposedly CD copies of Boc Maxima which will inevitably have a higher quality version of Red Moss than we currently have

As for the Julie and Candy video, Yes quite feasible that the bros uploaded this, but could have literally been anyone doing it on their behalf.. So there's really not a single bit of evidence that anything on YouTube or Twitter was post by the bros themselves

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Also just to add I think if you disagree with something and still partake in it then you really need to have a deep think about why you are deceiving yourself and what it really means to be a hypocrite

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4155
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
luminous dusk wrote:So there's not a single bit of evidence that anything on YouTube or Twitter was post by the bros themselves

Image

I honestly can't imagine they didn't post this themselves. I like to think they're heartfelt enough to not delegate a friend or a "warp intern" to send such a compassionate statement.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4155
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
luminousdusk wrote:Also just to add I think if you disagree with something and still partake in it then you really need to have a deep think about why you are deceiving yourself and what it really means to be a hypocrite

Maybe it's just necessary evil. Also, I'm not too fond of some social media (Facebook / Twitter) but I still partake in them because of bocpages.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1027
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
luminousdusk wrote:Also just to add I think if you disagree with something and still partake in it then you really need to have a deep think about why you are deceiving yourself and what it really means to be a hypocrite

Hypocrisy is part of human nature. Smokers know that smoking is bad for them, drinkers know that drinking is bad for them, I think social media, in the corporate controlled way it currently exists is pretty awful for humanity, but it's so ubiquitous I'd be pretty well isolated if I didn't use it

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Fredd-E wrote:
luminous dusk wrote:So there's not a single bit of evidence that anything on YouTube or Twitter was post by the bros themselves

Image

I honestly can't imagine they didn't post this themselves. I like to think they're heartfelt enough to not delegate a friend or a "warp intern" to send such a compassionate statement.


I agree that it's most likely the boys posted this themselves, or at least I'd like to think so

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Personally though if I think something is bad for me or my environment I won't do it, hence why I don't smoke, why I don't drink, why I don't watch television and why I don't drive to name a few examples.. Some evils are necessary for the greater good (like bocpages!) but I suppose it depends on how much you value the greater good, to go against your own values and how important those values are to you.

Personally I don't regard social media as good or bad specifically, I think it can be a useful tool, I also think it can be used less positive ways sometimes.

It's like the Internet, some say "live si tenretni eht" but it all comes down to how it's used. I think the Internet, mobile phones and social media are amazing tools for connecting everybody together

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 296
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Apparently Skam might be ramping up soon, they've been a dead label for a few years because the label head has been taking time off, but he's planning on reviving the label in the near future.

Warp's contacts state that their artists can't release under different aliases on different labels unless it's discussed before hand. For example, Autechre can release under Gescom on Skam as an exception to their contact.

There MIGHT be something in BoC's contact that states they can release under Hell Interface on Skam or something, this is all pie in the sky speculation, but it's none the less entirely in the realm is possibility still.
Image
"At this point, the boccy plox of early material is looking 99% likely to happen"

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1955
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
demo wrote:Apparently Skam might be ramping up soon, they've been a dead label for a few years because the label head has been taking time off, but he's planning on reviving the label in the near future.

Warp's contacts state that their artists can't release under different aliases on different labels unless it's discussed before hand. For example, Autechre can release under Gescom on Skam as an exception to their contact.

There MIGHT be something in BoC's contact that states they can release under Hell Interface on Skam or something, this is all pie in the sky speculation, but it's none the less entirely in the realm is possibility still.



Skam was referencing BOC in one of their streams a couple years ago. It was all tongue in cheek good fun since people were watching it to find hidden BOC music but they do acknowledge the fanbase and BOC.

I doubt we should get our hopes up too much, but on the positive side, you never know. I'm sure we'll get quality music from other artists on the label.

(Then again, Hell Interface was pretty active in the last few years so it doesn't rule out a release from them in the future)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests