GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Location: Cold Earth
Davism wrote:Maybe it's an AFX show announcement? Or both??

It's seeming likely that he's headlining Field Day again. No sign of new music yet, but we live in hope!

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1955
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Theory: What if Marcus revealed all these people he followed because they give some insight into what's going in terms of the context of the album.

Perhaps we can really get some insight based on that. Sort of like Societas X Tweet :P

This is all a theory and probably completely wrong so don't take it too seriously ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 985
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
Echelon wrote:Theory: What if Marcus revealed all these people he followed because they give some insight into what's going in terms of the context of the album.

Perhaps we can really get some insight based on that. Sort of like Societas X Tweet :P

This is all a theory and probably completely wrong so don't take it too seriously ;)

"Just 8 a burrito LOL"
-@marcuseoin
Image
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
...
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
A tweet? On twitter? Surely not!

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1955
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:Theory: What if Marcus revealed all these people he followed because they give some insight into what's going in terms of the context of the album.

Perhaps we can really get some insight based on that. Sort of like Societas X Tweet :P

This is all a theory and probably completely wrong so don't take it too seriously ;)

"Just 8 a burrito LOL"
-@marcuseoin



Haha I meant who he's following XD there are some topical people in there
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Such non twits like myself will never know the wonders of Marcus's follow list

Has he paid for his verification?

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 406
Joined: 12 Dec 2020
Location: Hyperreality
Could be old news but - anyone noticed Odd Nosdam is following the Mike Sandison account on Twitter? This could be indirect verification. Or he got fooled without checking with the bros first.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1955
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
luminousdusk wrote:Such non twits like myself will never know the wonders of Marcus's follow list

Has he paid for his verification?


He is following Real World Studios so we know he's just as hyped for IO as Orbited and I! :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Joined: 30 Apr 2021
Although I don’t believe that there will be some twitter based ARG dropping clues about a new release, closely monitoring aMarcus Eoin account to see who he is following / unfollowing doesn’t sit right with me. We know BoC like privacy, this isn’t even confirmed to be Marcus’s account, and (correct me if I’m wrong) it’s never been used to promote BoC previously.

I know that it’s been requested for posts to be removed from the forum because they were about the brothers day jobs and personal life, I don’t see that stalking a private twitter is any different.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1611
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Echelon wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Such non twits like myself will never know the wonders of Marcus's follow list

Has he paid for his verification?


He is following Real World Studios so we know he's just as hyped for IO as Orbited and I! :P


You know I'm hyped for it pal. Pete's record can't come soon enough. Here comes the flood! (or perhaps 'here comes the trickle' is maybe more apt. :lol: )
Image

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4155
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Burning Shadow wrote:I know that it’s been requested for posts to be removed from the forum because they were about the brothers day jobs and personal life, I don’t see that stalking a private twitter is any different.

It's not a private Twitter account.
By design, you can see who a public Twitter account is following or is followed by. That's part of what makes Twitter and other social media services great in terms of discovering new accounts by means of an account you already appreciate.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4155
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
luminousdusk wrote:Has he paid for his verification?
No.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 985
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
Fredd-E wrote:
Burning Shadow wrote:I know that it’s been requested for posts to be removed from the forum because they were about the brothers day jobs and personal life, I don’t see that stalking a private twitter is any different.

It's not a private Twitter account.
By design, you can see who a public Twitter account is following or is followed by. That's part of what makes Twitter and other social media services great in terms of discovering new accounts by means of an account you already appreciate.
It can also be used to try and get inside someone's head like a jaded ex lover. It's understandable that one might feel icky looking into stuff like that.
Image
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
...
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4155
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
rodox_head wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
Burning Shadow wrote:I know that it’s been requested for posts to be removed from the forum because they were about the brothers day jobs and personal life, I don’t see that stalking a private twitter is any different.

It's not a private Twitter account.
By design, you can see who a public Twitter account is following or is followed by. That's part of what makes Twitter and other social media services great in terms of discovering new accounts by means of an account you already appreciate.
It can also be used to try and get inside someone's head like a jaded ex lover. It's understandable that one might feel icky looking into stuff like that.

And that's why you can make profiles private on social media if you don't want others to see who you're following... but like I said, generally, I think it's great you can. Same on Instagram. You follow a great account and by having a look at their following list you possibly get to discover even more similar goodness. Seriously, I don't get what's so wrong about this kind of mutual discovery. It's actually also necessary if you want your brand to grow on social media. Networking is key.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 324
Joined: 20 Apr 2021
Marcus eoin Mcgregor has updated his Twitter again .
Low fi bacon liked tweet.
Amongst other revealing things.
Could this be.
Fake Marcus man share big news

I long time thinking about Mike person.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
You mean he liked a tweet? Or he tweeted and someone liked it? What's going on?

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 406
Joined: 12 Dec 2020
Location: Hyperreality
This was the tweet "Marcus" liked. He also updated his profile picture to a generic picture of "himself".

https://twitter.com/BarryManalog/status ... 2071898112
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Heh

Thanks. I've a feeling Marcus would love crazy Russian hacker he reviews a lot of bacon gajiks

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 985
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
I feel like I'm having a stroke reading this thread sometimes.
Image
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
...
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Aug 2020
"using social media how it is intended doesn't sit right with me"

sorry, i couldn't help myself lol

fair enough though, i guess. social media is pretty bizarre.
"R-Worded"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests