GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:Donny McCaslin - who was in the band for Blackstar's recording sessions - recorded a cover of Alpha and Omega. Afaik Bowie was never directly involved in this cover or any cover of Alpha and Omega but I'm sure was a fan of McCaslin's cover, and by proxy took more inspiration from BOC. Last I heard about the teased Blackstar track, it was renamed and is still on the album albeit in a different state than when that interview took place so there's no obvious parallels. You can listen to McCaslin's cover here btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRcYRLoZCpg

Yeah, this was the interview I read. I had no idea there were other interviews concerning this track. But that's the reason I said it was Blackstar track and that it was changed beyond recognition.

Happy the cover actually exists though.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
My dad just told me that someone bought Bowie's discography for an insane amount of money, so maybe this "somewhere/Blaze" song could be released in the near future, fingers crossed, I'm eager to hear it.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:For the people who weren't here, there was basically a thread that questioned if BOC's mystique was fabricated. Personally, I think it's a fair question to discuss and I might even ask it earnestly, but the problem was, it was started by a very troubled person and then another troll came in and continued where he left off.

I'll stand by what I said in the thread. BOC, like Daft Punk and the Residents, have deliberately elaborated on their mystique to some extent. And it is that window dressing that makes their allure so powerful, aside from the music. But that's not to deny that Mike and Marcus are genuine geniuses, because they are. They are musical geniuses and marketing geniuses as well.

Deeply troubled yes. But not unenlightened :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:
Echelon wrote:For the people who weren't here, there was basically a thread that questioned if BOC's mystique was fabricated. Personally, I think it's a fair question to discuss and I might even ask it earnestly, but the problem was, it was started by a very troubled person and then another troll came in and continued where he left off.

I'll stand by what I said in the thread. BOC, like Daft Punk and the Residents, have deliberately elaborated on their mystique to some extent. And it is that window dressing that makes their allure so powerful, aside from the music. But that's not to deny that Mike and Marcus are genuine geniuses, because they are. They are musical geniuses and marketing geniuses as well.

Hope you're doing better, my friend. And I'll be happy to take up that discussion for real. As with all mysterious bands, sometimes there is a bit of myth making involved. The guys were a lot younger and quite ambitious, hence why we got something as Geogaddi, which to me, imo, is the album of this century.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Sl Flk wrote:

Hope you're doing better, my friend. And I'll be happy to take up that discussion for real. As with all mysterious bands, sometimes there is a bit of myth making involved. The guys were a lot younger and quite ambitious, hence why we got something as Geogaddi, which to me, imo, is the album of this century.

I'm having some good days and some bad days. Last night was was hearing voices and recently there have been these huge black flies that are mysteriously hatching in my flat from somewhere. I came home from work a couple of days ago to find 3 in my kitchen. I caught them and then 10 minutes later another 5 flying around. HUGE blue bottle flies. I have since caught about 30 of them. I've put them in the freezer because my ants can eat them once they come out of hibernation. But it's troubling me now because I am becoming superstitious. All the windows are shut and i've looked everywhere where they could be coming from and I can't find it. Not to mention that it's November and there shouldn't really be flies.

Hopefully a new BoC album will be a good Christmas present for everyone. I'd genuinely like an album full of synth versions of Christmas songs.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:I'm having some good days and some bad days. Last night was was hearing voices and recently there have been these huge black flies that are mysteriously hatching in my flat from somewhere. I came home from work a couple of days ago to find 3 in my kitchen. I caught them and then 10 minutes later another 5 flying around. HUGE blue bottle flies. I have since caught about 30 of them. I've put them in the freezer because my ants can eat them once they come out of hibernation. But it's troubling me now because I am becoming superstitious. All the windows are shut and i've looked everywhere where they could be coming from and I can't find it. Not to mention that it's November and there shouldn't really be flies.

I really do wish you the best especially in these dark days of yours, I do care about the mental health of everyone on here and if you need any support then it might help to reach out via PM to people you trust here, I’m sure users like myself will be able to listen, regardless of opinions.
I don’t want you going anywhere. :]

As for the flies, I’ve been researching online what you said, and is there a possibility of a rat/rodent/mouse decomposing in your flat which could be attracting them? Flies lay eggs and you only need one to notice a good smell and bring along its mates!
Also eggs hatch at a certain time and according to the Internet when it gets cold (November/December) is a good reproducing time for those little buggers.
Not saying this is right though, if you’ve looked everywhere I don’t know what to suggest.

Sl Flk wrote:Hopefully a new BoC album will be a good Christmas present for everyone. I'd genuinely like an album full of synth versions of Christmas songs.

That would be brilliant! Here’s to hoping :wink:

Posts Quantity
Sl Flk wrote:Hopefully a new BoC album will be a good Christmas present for everyone. I'd genuinely like an album full of synth versions of Christmas songs.

Here you go! https://www.discogs.com/release/6673-Various-Whine-And-Missingtoe

Note that's The Caretaker, whose music is pretty popular nowadays, because of it's really disturbing dementia-like deterioration of quality over time. I had no idea BoC were involved with his music until now. Hope they know eachother, a collaboration would be amazing between them.
Fly!

sandrail wrote:Did anyone notice how the comment section on Uuh was unlocked 2 weeks ago? Pretty sure you have to do that manually. Interesting. The discussion tab was also removed. It was mainly us twoismers shitposting.

I don't know what to believe anymore with this Sheol Boundary account. The fact MDG hasn't shut it down publicly makes me believe it's genuine, but on the other hand who is in the best position to create such an accurate parody video? Well I guess the owner of the original video is. I leave it up to you to decide.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
sandrail wrote:Did anyone notice how the comment section on Uuh was unlocked 2 weeks ago? Pretty sure you have to do that manually. Interesting. The discussion tab was also removed. It was mainly us twoismers shitposting.

I don't know what to believe anymore with this Sheol Boundary account. The fact MDG hasn't shut it down publicly makes me believe it's genuine, but on the other hand who is in the best position to create such an accurate parody video? Well I guess the owner of the original video is. I leave it up to you to decide.

My honest question is: why would BOC do stuff that's off the cuff anyway? They never do that. That's why it's fishy to me and feels like a ruse.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

You must be forgetting that Sheol Boundary used the same profile picture that was used over 5 years later on the Hell Interface FB account. And that the Hell Interface FB account has been confirmed legit.

The profile picture alone proves it wasn't a hoax, unless BOC used a profile pic from a fake video for their real FB account?

Can we please stop with the ridiculous suggestions?

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

My honest question is: why would BOC do stuff that's off the cuff anyway? They never do that. That's why it's fishy to me and feels like a ruse.

i take it as the bros just having fun. in my opinion the red moss sample is compelling evidence but the way it was uploaded does make me a tiny bit skeptical
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:My honest question is: why would BOC do stuff that's off the cuff anyway? They never do that. That's why it's fishy to me and feels like a ruse.

It's not a "ruse," the Sheol Boundary profile pic was used on the Hell Interface FB account. That alone proves it's legit, unless BOC found out about a parody video hidden in the comments of a random YouTube video and decided to use the profile pic from it to confuse people, which makes zero sense at all.

Also, it's way less off-the-cuff than the clip of Indiana Jones with the melting Nazi. That can literally be created with a free app in 5 minutes.

The Sheol Boundary vid is 100% their style and sense of humor. And it has connections to their other social media accounts that are impossible to ignore.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:You must be forgetting that Sheol Boundary used the same profile picture that was used over 5 years later on the Hell Interface FB account. And that the Hell Interface FB account has been confirmed legit.

The profile picture alone proves it wasn't a hoax, unless BOC used a profile pic from a fake video for their real FB account?

Can we please stop with the ridiculous suggestions?

There are a lot of assumptions in this story. And assumptions often lead to major fuckups. I still did not get conclusive proof of the HI Facebook page being legit, after all these months. (The bandcamp one is legit though.) :!:

IMO it's not a ridiculous suggestion. So I suggest we continue. :D

And don't get me wrong. I want the HI Facebook page to be real too. But I can't yet claim it be real right now, unlike their other socials which are confirmed to be genuine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:There are a lot of assumptions in this story. And assumptions often lead to major fuckups. I still did not get conclusive proof of the HI Facebook page being legit, after all these months. (The bandcamp one is legit though.) :!:

IMO it's not a ridiculous suggestion. So I suggest we continue. :D

Maybe I could point you towards a thread explaining the extensive evidence that it's legit? Written by you?

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:And don't get me wrong. I want the HI Facebook page to be real too. But I can't yet claim it be real right now, unlike their other socials which are confirmed to be genuine.

how was the bc page confirmed as legit?

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:how was the bc page confirmed as legit?

It was connected to a couple of other verified official accounts. Also Warp put all their artists on Bandcamp.

NorthSaturnian wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:And don't get me wrong. I want the HI Facebook page to be real too. But I can't yet claim it be real right now, unlike their other socials which are confirmed to be genuine.

Many moons ago the BoC / HI bandcamp page got tampered with. Assistance was requested and given. All was restored afterwards.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

Many moons ago the BoC / HI bandcamp page got tampered with. Assistance was requested and given. All was restored afterwards.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:how was the bc page confirmed as legit?

It was connected to a couple of other verified official accounts. Also Warp put all their artists on Bandcamp.

i see, thanks :)

Posts Quantity
Quick question: what is https://signalquality.co.uk? mdg said it was a HS-related website, without much explanation. It redirected to a PSA about radiation safety at one point. Does anyone else know anything about this?
Fly!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada