GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
As big as OPN is I don't think he's considered one of the big warp guys, I think they stagger the bigger stalwarts a bit more spaciously.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Skams "amks.live" stream could go live again next week, other than that I've got nothing...

If they have started to set things in motion they could provide a little more guidance.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:Skams "amks.live" stream could go live again next week, other than that I've got nothing...

If they have started to set things in motion they could provide a little more guidance.

I still say the anniversary of ABPOITC might be the most suspect date since it's from the "golden era" for most BOC fans (1995-2002).

Without reading too much into the release schedule, I still think it's interesting how they crammed OPN into October with Autechre rather than release it in November.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
irv wrote:https://twitter.com/ladywantsaudio/status/1307236817238994944

@boctransmission liking this tweet is god-tier trolling.

Wait, what? Did they really like that? I don’t have Twitter so I can’t tell.

Eagle Minded
Helios wrote:
irv wrote:https://twitter.com/ladywantsaudio/status/1307236817238994944

@boctransmission liking this tweet is god-tier trolling.

Wait, what? Did they really like that? I don’t have Twitter so I can’t tell.

Yes they did! Along with a few other tweets... I find it unlikely that they would just dump music like that, but even if they did with the vastness of the internet it is unlikely that we would ever find it. I think they liked it because they (Or the Hexagon Sun member/Warp intern) found it amusing. In total they liked 3 new tweets, this one, one talking about how a new BoC album would be a "wonderful gift", and one saying that BoC forgot their twitter password.
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
Just gonna suggest that the content of the likes is not as important. I think they are going to add up to some significant number or something. But I don’t think it’s worth much reading into just one or all of the tweets they liked. It’s hundreds at this point and I don’t think it is a clue But rather a way to get our attention—I think it won’t be a scavenger hunt like TH and more likely just an announcement in the 70th tweet and the 5th IG post.

Dayvan Cowboy
I do think the tweets they or their management like are acknowledgements of fans' feelings and wants though. Except for the ones that claim Tomorrow's Harvest predicted 2020, they're all about new albums or releasing unreleased music.

With that most recent one, I almost feel that we might get an archival release after a new album. Kind of like how Happy Cycling said it could mirror the vinyl reissues we got after TH.

Hey, it's plausible. They had plenty of time to do both. All I know is that this internet stuff makes me feel uncertain but hopeful at the same time :)

Posts Quantity

Posts Quantity
https://amks.live

as of 9/26/2020 at 5:10 PM EST, amks.live is currently streaming
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Boqurant

Eagle Minded
What happened with that? Guess it’s over?

Friendly Stranger
maybe when AtalantaFugiens finally gets 666 subs they'll upload another soundboard recording
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
KensDreaming wrote:maybe when AtalantaFugiens finally gets 666 subs they'll upload another soundboard recording

Now that would be amazing—let’s get subscribing, people!

Dayvan Cowboy
Skam's live again: https://amks.live/

There's also a setlist:
27D_09M_2020Y_______
1800H_MDX_______
2000H_LD_RUNNERS_____
2200H_RE_ENGAGE_____
0000H__________///
_____SAVE OUR VENUES!!____________

Posts Quantity
Is it just me or did I hear something on there that sounded strikingly like XYZ era BoC?
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Dayvan Cowboy
Zephyr Method wrote:Is it just me or did I hear something on there that sounded strikingly like XYZ era BoC?

I don't think it's them, but Skam were playing this awesome robotic acid techno before. which is in XYZ's genre.

XYZ was an interesting time in BOC's career since after Music Has The Right To Children, they started using computers to make robotic techno music (XYZ and the final track on Warp 10) but had a change of heart and made the more organic Geogaddi instead.

They're playing Autechre-like music right now. I almost think it is Autechre! Wouldn't be surprised if they slip BOC in here somewhere and we easily miss it.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote: Wouldn't be surprised if they slip BOC in here somewhere and we easily miss it.

Recording the whole thing on Audacity as of now, turned windows notif sounds off and gonna just be listening to this until it's over. Not taking any risks lmao
Image ImageImage

Dayvan Cowboy
oliveoil22 wrote:
Echelon wrote: Wouldn't be surprised if they slip BOC in here somewhere and we easily miss it.

Recording the whole thing on Audacity as of now, turned windows notif sounds off and gonna just be listening to this until it's over. Not taking any risks lmao

Definitely a good idea since there was a clip of a dude saying "yellow and orange" and before that some old clip of a kid talking about his holiday so you never know haha

Boqurant
Can one of the mods create a amks.live discussion thread? Or can anybody do that?
Image ImageImage

Eagle Minded
oliveoil22 wrote:Can one of the mods create a amks.live discussion thread? Or can anybody do that?

There already is one, and I agree. Any amks.live chat should happen there
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14608

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada