GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Yeah the BOCset was mentioned well after all the Old Tunes/R35TT leaks.

It hasn't been discussed since TH, true, but MDG has barely logged in post-TH (and I don't blame him- some people were getting way too entitled about having him around.)

I was going back through some of those old posts around 2008 and I agree, I'm not at all surprised mdg has stopped posting to the forum.

It seems like the BoC community has matured a lot since then though, definitely more accepting of letting BoC be people and live their lives how they want. I seen back then people where upset that they weren't doing interviews, and that an update like "a restock of t-shirts" would upset people.

As much as we would love to hear all the music BoC have ever made, it seems like these days no one is getting entitled about wanting new material, we all just wish, speculate and hope.

Posts Quantity
In their Guardian interview, they specifically mentioned cataloging their unreleased material to pass on to their children (I assume so they can then release it; but perhaps it would just be for personal use...but I don’t see why they’d say that in an interview if it was meant to be personal (which I would totally understand)).

Dayvan Cowboy
WaitingFor_22 wrote:Yeah I think the actual date is the 22nd. Also, I read above that the amount of days dates between TCH - TH and TH - 22/01/2021 are the same amount plus one, but I just checked and there are exactly 2789 days between both dates. And even if boc never stated that the wait would be shorter, it still is too precise to be a coincidence.
22/01 may not be the most important date in the history of the Plaque, but I think the phrase "last transmission" certainly has meaning for boc fans.

If something actually happens tomorrow, on the 22nd, your username will be legendary.

Friendly Stranger
SamuraiDrifter wrote:It hasn't been discussed since TH, true, but MDG has barely logged in post-TH (and I don't blame him- some people were getting way too entitled about having him around.)

Just for the record, if you mean the people that I saw joking about "summoning" him a while back, they were joking because of how elusive he is and it was a bit of English humor really. I didn't see it as being at anyone's expense when I read it

I can't recall whether it was you or someone else that got really quite upset about that, I don't think it was you

I've been here for ages, sorry

If you mean anything else that I might not have caught up on, anyone being actually pissy and demanding MDG's presence, then I can entirely understand though

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, I understood that as a joke and it wasn't me who was mad about that.

I was referring more to people back before TH was released claiming that MDG wasn't actually with Hexagon Sun, that he was lying, that he was pointlessly stringing fans along, telling him to "do his job," and even some saying that if the new album didn't come out by a particular date, they would stop being BOC fans altogether. Just a massive amount of childish entitlement.

This was back in 2010-2013.

Eagle Minded
After the way TH was built up and announced. It would be cool for a new record to just appear one day. No campaign, no advertising. Just bang! Give us your fuckin' money - have this record! Get your wallet out and hand over your wads of sweaty money.

Friendly Stranger
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Yeah, I understood that as a joke and it wasn't me who was mad about that.

I was referring more to people back before TH was released claiming that MDG wasn't actually with Hexagon Sun, that he was lying, that he was pointlessly stringing fans along, telling him to "do his job," and even some saying that if the new album didn't come out by a particular date, they would stop being BOC fans altogether. Just a massive amount of childish entitlement.

This was back in 2010-2013.

Nae worries! It was such a long time ago that I just can't recall it as anything but a distant one. I remember lots of people joking about it and one user taking it very seriously, I really can't remember and it honestly doesn't matter at this stage

I have only truly been keeping myself versed in this kind of thing since 2013, so I wouldn't know about much before that, but as I understand it and as I am sure you are already aware, MDG and Twoism's involvement with the TH Promo was to be the definitive proof that he was in fact Hexagon Sun and part of that was in reaction to a lot of the people claiming he was some kind of impostor

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Image

Horror Bay

Sounds like a RL Stine book
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I was scrolling through not expecting to see that and it scared the shit out of me :lol:
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
God damn folks it’s upon us, let us thank Catherine for getting the ball rolling, and pray to not be disappointed tomorrow

Sherbet Head
It's already 22-01-2021 in a lot of places.

Eagle Minded
Josh wrote:It's already 22-01-2021 in a lot of places.

Maybe they've already released something in those places
yes, i would love to be free!

New Seed
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Josh wrote:It's already 22-01-2021 in a lot of places.

Maybe they've already released something in those places

Nothing here in NZ.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
arvy wrote:Image

Horror Bay

Sounds like a RL Stine book

Amazing

Dayvan Cowboy
I think give it til the afternoon in the UK. When I wake up on the east cost of the US, that's usually when things happen.

But again, i'm not going to be disappointed if nothing happens. It's always good to be hopeful, but it's also important to be realistic. This is long past their 1996-2006 heyday and I'm sure they've got many things to worry about in this ever confusing modern world. As we all do. :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Could really use some new BoC this year. I miss them. I miss the feeling of discovery that comes with getting to know a new BoC release, such an awesome feeling!

Boqurant
Could someone recap the developments that have occured lately? I have had a parallel development over at this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14695 ) but it appears as if there's a lot going on simultaneously in different places regarding BoC and Hexagon Sun.

Posts Quantity
"Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds, fire, walk with me..."
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Posts Quantity
No secret album drop this morning, maybe a video or clue later today? maybe we give it a bit longer and when she's safe, you'll be safe

I've been enjoying the to and through on here the last week or so as people get excited with anticipation and although i listen to BOC quite extensively my BOC consumptions been up about 30% the last few weeks so thanks guys

I do have a small confession though, i got stuck in standing traffic on the M6 north yesterday due a collision up ahead, turned the engine off but had Geogaddi playing, before i knew it the album had finished and when i went to start my car the battery had gone flat prompting a very expensive call out for recovery and a 5 hour wait in the freezing cold, Geogaddi is definitely an evil album :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada