GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:It’s nothing… but bleeps last Instagram post made mention of them at the very bottom… don’t get excited.

sorry was in transit: For those of you not on instagram, bless you :] .... here is the post below

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr208X4MTzm/

they are talking about this : https://www.discopogo.co/latest
down the page on the right ... just a MHTRTC listen

Eagle Minded
It’s nothing… but bleeps last Instagram post made mention of them at the very bottom… don’t get excited.

Dayvan Cowboy
10th anniversary deluxe edition (with awesome never heard before outtakes) plus new ARG from the remains of Daft Punk.

I'm so jelly TH isn't getting this treatment. Though it really ain't fair to compare the bros with the bots since they're different people, but man, what I wouldn't give for the shoe to be on the other foot. :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

For what it’s worth the @boardsofcanada handle on Twitter that was suspended for a few days seems to have changed into a seemingly legit page now. Before the suspension the handle was owned for many years by someone unrelated to the band.

I wonder if this is a legit account now… and will it replace boctransmission?

https://twitter.com/boardsofcanada
https://twitter.com/boctransmission

New Seed
When did it get suspended? Maybe Warp was able to buy the handle

Eagle Minded
How could a poser have it for that long? I guess it’s an encouraging sign though, no?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:For what it’s worth the @boardsofcanada handle on Twitter that was suspended for a few days seems to have changed into a seemingly legit page now. Before the suspension the handle was owned for many years by someone unrelated to the band.

I wonder if this is a legit account now… and will it replace boctransmission?

https://twitter.com/boardsofcanada
https://twitter.com/boctransmission

This and the individual brothers accounts nuking all their follows at roughly the same time I think suggests these weren't real accounts but they've been brought under the control of Warp / the band.

Which in turn could suggest a couple of things... one being that they were getting pissed off at fakes and the possibility of where that would go just if they left it to continue, just as a thing on its own.

Or two, that they're shutting down sources of potential fake messaging in preparation for a marketing event of some kind, possibly a new release.

Just my speculation.

Eagle Minded
My knee-jerk reaction to the fake BoC Twitter account revelations is that is seemed to make Mike's tweet inconsequential for some reason; but now I feel like he knew those accounts were fake and wanted to let us know to look to their FB account for their official "voice." So yeah, timing now seems even more significant.

Posts Quantity
Soon?

Friendly Stranger
Also, the new BoC twitter page has a higher quality avatar, revealing that the sun is a hexagon (people probably saw it before but I never noticed)

Eagle Minded
Nice catch.

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:3

love it

Friendly Stranger
hexagonFox wrote:3

Damn she fine

Eagle Minded
There is a BoC transmissions insta page, Is that one of us?

https://www.instagram.com/boctransmission/

Sherbet Head
Was doing some painting yesterday on mushrooms and decided to have a break lying on the bed. Campfire was already in the player as it's a regular sleep listen. Obviously I wandered off throughout the album but when Farewell Fire played I had deep visions of the Hell Interface banner. it was basically saying goodbye from Boards of Canada. The I feel good thing kept making an appearance and was saying that they feel good about leaving the BoC project there, really cathartic for them.

Obviously make what you will of that and of course in that state, anything can be convincing and almost revelationary. There were loads more to it all and it all made perfect sense but it's just the musings of the mind on hallucinogenics. So, take no creedence from this. However, if they were to release a boxset? that is nearly always only considered at the end of a career.

EEEK
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:There is a BoC transmissions insta page, Is that one of us?

https://www.instagram.com/boctransmission/

That account has to be a definite fake. The timing is to on point for the twitter situation, and the name would suggest that it was made around the time of the TH arg, which it definitely wasn’t.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Posts Quantity
qukk_ wrote:That account has to be a definite fake. The timing is to on point for the twitter situation, and the name would suggest that it was made around the time of the TH arg, which it definitely wasn’t.

not on the same date but pretty close.

Frindia wrote:
qukk_ wrote:That account has to be a definite fake. The timing is to on point for the twitter situation, and the name would suggest that it was made around the time of the TH arg, which it definitely wasn’t.

not on the same date but pretty close.

Accounts with a question mark are not confirmed. They show no activity. If they are owned by a troll, I would expect them to publish fake news. But they seem dormant for now. Perhaps they are under the control of Warp / the band and remain in a dormant state so other people cannot claim them.

Sherbet Head
Geogandhi wrote:Was doing some painting yesterday on mushrooms and decided to have a break lying on the bed. Campfire was already in the player as it's a regular sleep listen. Obviously I wandered off throughout the album but when Farewell Fire played I had deep visions of the Hell Interface banner. it was basically saying goodbye from Boards of Canada. The I feel good thing kept making an appearance and was saying that they feel good about leaving the BoC project there, really cathartic for them.

Obviously make what you will of that and of course in that state, anything can be convincing and almost revelationary. There were loads more to it all and it all made perfect sense but it's just the musings of the mind on hallucinogenics. So, take no creedence from this. However, if they were to release a boxset? that is nearly always only considered at the end of a career.

EEEK

You should try this again but next time w/ headphones.
I've gotten this same feeling many times from Tomorrow's Harvest, on the opposite side of the spectrum. They seemed real pissed off when they made that album and were genuinely considering leaving things there. Someone on here joked that Tomorrow's Harvest was (almost) made in revenge of Campfire's low reviews, think it belongs here. Campfire would've been a great way to end things, but it didn't for whatever reason. Tomorrow would've been a wretched way to end things, but it didn't for whatever reason.

Even with Tomorrow's stand-off undertones, these mfs still can't stay away. Granted, it took them a long while. Unfortunately we need them and they need us. They just keep comin back.

Boxset would be nice.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada