GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
"Part of why this tweet is too cryptic now is I thought the name of this box was just BOX. But it is actually "(BAND NAME) BOX." So maybe that makes it easier to figure out. Or maybe I should just say it's by Pylon."

he added this a little bit ago as a reply

Dayvan Cowboy
In for a penny in for a pound though, I might look around for any evidence that Pylon is actually a FRONT for BoC. I mean, look at their name, for starters.

Boqurant
Treefingers wrote:In for a penny in for a pound though, I might look around for any evidence that Pylon is actually a FRONT for BoC. I mean, look at their name, for starters.

As a resident of Athens, GA, where Pylon is from...no.

Posts Quantity
northernlite wrote:"Part of why this tweet is too cryptic now is I thought the name of this box was just BOX. But it is actually "(BAND NAME) BOX." So maybe that makes it easier to figure out. Or maybe I should just say it's by Pylon."

he added this a little bit ago as a reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXVfNRVLEM
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Don't get your hopes up for the SKAM set this Saturday. They replied to a question on that Instagram post asking if this had anything to do with BoC.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGsNLXPgvpy/

Sherbet Head
Really respectful reply. They could have left it silent or been coy about it giving the illusion that there might be and gaining listeners.
Respect to Skam. I wouldn't have tuned in this week anyway as i'm out but The others I did listen to were rad regardless.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Yeah, I was surprised (and impressed) about how forthcoming and gracious they were.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hmm, so the mystery release? What does everyone think that is?

A friend of mine said that BOC have only done standalone releases (they tend to be distant from the Warp crowd) so it probably isn't the mystery release on Beatink.

I can see that. I hope it's not the case, but it's definitely a realistic and thoughtful way to look at it. Especially since a BOC release is going to be a HUGE event, (at least for the fans.)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
The longer the ?????? is up, the more I think it's them. That said, I can picture them just waiting it out until next year to try to separate themselves like you said.

Boqurant
Davism wrote:The longer the ?????? is up, the more I think it's them. That said, I can picture them just waiting it out until next year to try to separate themselves like you said.

I bet it's going to be another Autechre album. I know it's seven "?" but i think they just forgot one...

Eagle Minded
Also, I really do think that Adult Swim post is them. Between that and the banner pic, I remain hopeful.

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:Also, I really do think that Adult Swim post is them. Between that and the banner pic, I remain hopeful.

Whoever said that they had nothing to do with their old label, Skam was spot on. And I respect them for coming out about it.

That Adult Swim post is more likely something to do with them than AMKS was, because BOC have a big history with Adult Swim and their bumper music. I'm still not convinced fully about it being BOC, but at least we know that BOC are pretty well known for interacting with AS.

Also turning the smiley face upside down made it look like a winter sky and that ties in with the Jan 22 plaque theory.

Eagle Minded
Almost to 666

Posts Quantity
Would they really tie a release date to pages in this thread?

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:That Adult Swim post is more likely something to do with them than AMKS was, because BOC have a big history with Adult Swim and their bumper music.

imo, we got nothing. but fun to read your speculations nonetheless. wish i was this optimistic

Sherbet Head
writetomhatcher wrote:Would they really tie a release date to pages in this thread?

Almost certainly not, but around here we like to believe that the big turquoise hexagon in the sky smiles upon certain numbers :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
belchmaster wrote:
Echelon wrote:That Adult Swim post is more likely something to do with them than AMKS was, because BOC have a big history with Adult Swim and their bumper music.

imo, we got nothing. but fun to read your speculations nonetheless. wish i was this optimistic

agreed... I highly doubt the bothers would have Adult Swim post that snippet and expect us to just *know*. seems too far out there. whatever it is tho, sounds cool!
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Good on amks for coming out and clearing things up for us.

My next hope is now set on the Jan 22nd date, maybe not a release date but I'm hoping it could be an announcement date.

EDIT: Also, that 2nd autechre release is rumoured for November sometime, so ??????? could be that 2nd ae album.

Dayvan Cowboy
belchmaster wrote:

Yeah I don't know why I sounded so optimistic in this post. I'm kind of like 'whatever' now.

If it happens, cool. But I'm not holding my breath anymore.

Which I think is honestly what they want since they have more weight on their shoulders than any other electronic act on the planet. I don't even think Aphex has as much expectations directed towards him as BOC do from the critics, the fans and their own "mythos."

In fact, I actually kind of buy into this Jan 22nd as the final BOC transmission theory because then they can finally break out of the BOC mold and maybe do other kinds of music in the public sphere.

Eagle Minded
I now believe that they will announce a new album and a tour like a 'normal' band would. Who else is going? Who you going with and what you wearing?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada