GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:Odds we hit page 900 before any big news?

sit tight
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:

sit tight

Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded

I can almost guarantee we'll hit the thousands before any big news.

We've racked up a whopping 230 pages in the span of a year, and it all it took was a new remix and a Hell Interface profile picture update.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:I think it’s already been established that BOC’s a hobby for these guys.

Why do you think this? I am not trying to suggest that they're millionaires but I can't imagine that they're not at a level where they could leave their day jobs behind and still make a modest sustainable living. Am I being naive?

And to keep it on topic: I'd love to hear something new from the brothers regardless of what it is.
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp

Boqurant
bendu wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think it’s already been established that BOC’s a hobby for these guys.

Why do you think this? I am not trying to suggest that they're millionaires but I can't imagine that they're not at a level where they could leave their day jobs behind and still make a modest sustainable living. Am I being naive?

And to keep it on topic: I'd love to hear something new from the brothers regardless of what it is.

They have kids lol, it takes more than some modern-day royalties to raise a family.

Posts Quantity
NorthernPlastics wrote:
bendu wrote:

They have kids lol, it takes more than some modern-day royalties to raise a family.

none of this really points toward Boards of Canada being a mere "hobby" for them though

if they do require more income than their music career offers, which may not even be the reason for them to have other jobs, this does not mean BoC is a hobby to them. to me this is pretty absurd, as it is known via interviews how seriously they take their art... it's kind of hilarious to suggest actually.

i'm sure in some senses it acts like a hobby at times, like it does for most artists, but to just call it a hobby flat out is extremely odd to me. almost like disrespectful or something
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:
Echelon wrote:

sit tight

Surprisingly, it’s not my message to PIC in Twenty-Nineteen that makes me cringe. It’s my overloaded and near dead cell phone XD

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Surprisingly, it’s not my message to PIC in Twenty-Nineteen that makes me cringe. It’s my overloaded and near dead cell phone XD

My phone battery doesn’t last five minutes! :wink: with every word I’m typing I’m getting apple alerts saying 20% battery remaining, 10% battery remaining, 5% etc, let’s hope I make to the final paragraph!

Has anyone seen some possibly BoC related comments of PIC’s Instagram? Could be nothing but on a post on the 8th of September he says

Outtakes & B-sides { I was always more in favour of the AA-sides tbh}.

Good ol' Peter with his cautiously possible hint dropping.

Here’s a bit more blatant comment from him some time back while promoting a book.

sometimes looking through a photobook is like listening to an album you’ve been waiting months for you favourite artist to release. I had read about @dylan.hausthor and @paulguilmoth book "sleep creek" for a while before I finally bought it pre-lockdown. When I first looked through it, each turn of the page was like listening to one track after another of that long awaited album, keeping your fingers crossed that the atmosphere would not let up......and it didn’t!
Love this book and the world that these guys inhabit. Taps into something lynchian. Album (book) of the year for me. Published by @photo_void go grab a copy!

Links to the first one
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkeLP6o0es/?hl=en

Thoughts? (Probably unrelated to BoC)
Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:
Echelon wrote:Surprisingly, it’s not my message to PIC in Twenty-Nineteen that makes me cringe. It’s my overloaded and near dead cell phone XD

Clear your instagram notifications, man!
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Has anyone seen some possibly BoC related comments of PIC’s Instagram? Could be nothing but on a post on the 8th of September he says

Outtakes & B-sides { I was always more in favour of the AA-sides tbh}.

Good ol' Peter with his cautiously possible hint dropping.

Here’s a bit more blatant comment from him some time back while promoting a book.

sometimes looking through a photobook is like listening to an album you’ve been waiting months for you favourite artist to release. I had read about @dylan.hausthor and @paulguilmoth book "sleep creek" for a while before I finally bought it pre-lockdown. When I first looked through it, each turn of the page was like listening to one track after another of that long awaited album, keeping your fingers crossed that the atmosphere would not let up......and it didn’t!
Love this book and the world that these guys inhabit. Taps into something lynchian. Album (book) of the year for me. Published by @photo_void go grab a copy!

Links to the first one
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkeLP6o0es/?hl=en

Thoughts? (Probably unrelated to BoC)

I don't really think these particular comments are BOC related, as following his Instagram makes it clear that Peter loves music in general, but occasionally I've noticed people he's on a first-name basis with commenting who have BOC references in their usernames. For instance, occasionally he and someone named "SirPrancelotBrainfire" have talked in the comments. So it makes me wonder if they're perhaps other Hex Sun folks.

Either way, I absolutely love his photography, so his account is probably my favorite IG page that I follow, regardless of the BOC relation.

Friendly Stranger
bendu wrote:

What makes you think they have day jobs? They could easily be millionaires from the works they've produced with some simple investments and relatively simple, frugal living. Personally, I'd like to think that they are not reporting to a 9-5 and doing BoC on the side.

Boqurant
I'd argue BOC is successful enough that money isn't an issue for them--otherwise they'd probably be putting out more music. There's WARP musicians who clearly make less and music is definitely their day job.

Dayvan Cowboy
I won’t speculate much further, but they probably make music for obscure soundtracks or compose jingles while preparing their next masterpiece. They’re certainly suited for that line of work. I mean listen to the opening to Gemini. If that isn’t sampled, it sounds exactly like a broadcast jingle.

Dayvan Cowboy
mmmark wrote:
bendu wrote:

What makes you think they have day jobs? They could easily be millionaires from the works they've produced with some simple investments and relatively simple, frugal living. Personally, I'd like to think that they are not reporting to a 9-5 and doing BoC on the side.

bocbocbocboc wrote:I'd argue BOC is successful enough that money isn't an issue for them--otherwise they'd probably be putting out more music. There's WARP musicians who clearly make less and music is definitely their day job.

Let’s remember not to delve into their personal lives, this pinned topic has been an example of that https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14039

Eagle Minded
I heard one does all the sound production for Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Happy Cycler
Betting we hit 1k pages before a new release.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Betting we hit 1k pages before a new release.

How much?! I’ll write you a check! :wink:

Happy Cycler
Navaru wrote:I heard one does all the sound production for Dog the Bounty Hunter.

The grunting sounds are actually processed polaroids sun bathed dandelions.

Warp Records and Bleep announced Autechre reissues today. Chiastic Slide and LP5.
Bleep liked an interesting comment on Instagram.
Fuel for speculation? :idea:

To me this seems more signifcant than when BoC liked a comment a few days ago.
Why? It's Bleep who puts out the music. :!:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada