GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I really hope the 20-year-in-the-making Peter Gabriel album is released this decade. Reason to believe? NME got a scoop with his drummer. :roll:
https://www.nme.com/news/music/peter-gabriel-to-release-first-new-album-in-20-years-this-year-according-to-drummer-3239984

Ol' Pete's studio hiatus is twice as long as that of BoC. Yet somehow I'm far more excited by the prospect of new PG, being the prog and genesis fanatic I am!

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I really hope the 20-year-in-the-making Peter Gabriel album is released this decade. Reason to believe? NME got a scoop with his drummer. :roll:
https://www.nme.com/news/music/peter-gabriel-to-release-first-new-album-in-20-years-this-year-according-to-drummer-3239984

Ol' Pete's studio hiatus is twice as long as that of BoC. Yet somehow I'm far more excited by the prospect of new PG, being the prog and genesis fanatic I am!

Arcade Fire, Animal Collective, Kendrick Lamar, Tears For Fears, Brainwaltzera, Kevin Barnes all having albums this year. And that's all my brain knows, there's way more where that came from. Anything is possible.

Even lying Bob of the Cure gave us the title of an album that will supposedly be released in October. Kevin "wishy washy" Shields claims too that 2022 will be the year. That adds to Peter Gabriel finally releasing his damn album too.

Something is in the air for 2022 so perhaps we will get something from BOC. Seems to be a year everyone is dropping stuff or at least claiming stuff will be dropped
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
It’s gonna be 2023 for sure

Eagle Minded
Summer Solstice is always a super important time of the year for me. It's when I get to have one of my little rituals with a bonfire and all. I'll be toning it down this year since there's a new baby on the way and a toddler running around.
But seeing as we'll have some new BoC by then, it'll be great.

I know we're only days away and I can feel it like water in the dry season.

Mike and Marcus...hi.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Posts Quantity
the most exciting upcoming releases (imo) that i'm aware of are Panda Bear and Sonic Boom's collaborative LP, "RESET", (i personally have always been a much bigger fan of just Panda Bear alone than Animal Collective), aaand Ariel Pink's Darkside - "The Key of Joy is Disobedience" - really hoping that one drops this year.

can't wait for those. oh, and the promised upcoming MBV of course.

New, or "old-new/new-old" BoC would certainly fit in among these beasts.

:P
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I really hope the 20-year-in-the-making Peter Gabriel album is released this decade. Reason to believe? NME got a scoop with his drummer. :roll:

Arcade Fire, Animal Collective, Kendrick Lamar, Tears For Fears, Brainwaltzera, Kevin Barnes all having albums this year. And that's all my brain knows, there's way more where that came from. Anything is possible.

Even lying Bob of the Cure gave us the title of an album that will supposedly be released in October. Kevin "wishy washy" Shields claims too that 2022 will be the year. That adds to Peter Gabriel finally releasing his damn album too.

Something is in the air for 2022 so perhaps we will get something from BOC. Seems to be a year everyone is dropping stuff or at least claiming stuff will be dropped

I sure hope so.
With all those artists, it's undeniable that it's been a superb year for music so far. Kendrick's first one since 2017's 'Damn', new Beach House, even Soft Cell threw their synth-pop hats into the 2022 ring.

You n' me both Ech. Boccy for the win (if possible.)

Eagle Minded

Heard from the Horizon Radar

Boqurant
rodox_head wrote:They don't deserve this shit, and they don't owe us shit.

Totally agreed, I don't think they should've expected this kind of reaction, being a really niche zine and all

Dayvan Cowboy
You know guys hearing the new release of an infamous eighties band--their first since 2004--is making me confident this is a watershed year. With all these new releases its reminding me a bit of 2013 in a way. Warps been pretty dead lately but I got a feeling that maybe they got a surprise waiting for us at some point.

One can hope right? :D

Eagle Minded
Hey off topic! but the speculated fake or real account on twitter for Marcus has changed..... 0

Eagle Minded
°
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:°

That's a degree of uncertainty over the legitimacy of this account.

Dayvan Cowboy
Marcus: Watch me break the BOC forum with a spaghetti-o. :P

Eagle Minded
todays the 8th , infinite is 8. split your infinities. o. also its the summer equinox coming soon. could be a degree, or a symbol for a sun . that's my addition to the speculation forum.

additionally prior he had 11 place holders ,, which means the 0 could symbolize a month of importance probably being June

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:todays the 8th , infinite is 8. split your infinities. o. also its the summer equinox coming soon. could be a degree, or a symbol for a sun . that's my addition to the speculation forum.

additionally prior he had 11 place holders ,, which means the 0 could symbolize a month of importance probably being June

to turn things up a bit 11 + 0 is 110 the 110th day of the year is April 20th

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:todays the 8th , infinite is 8. split your infinities. o. also its the summer equinox coming soon. could be a degree, or a symbol for a sun . that's my addition to the speculation forum.

There is more .

It’s been 8 years and 11 months since tomorrow harvest. 11 place holders. Today is the 8th. Split your infinites.

Infinito áudios account being hacked, and then a new one created. Split your infinites - this one is from the help of another user.

On the reverse side of tomorrow’s harvest is an iconic image of a summer solstice sunset.

822 that appears on tomorrows harvest split in half is o11 split your infinities

And also summer solstice lands ion 6/21 which is also world music day

There are many splittable dates coming up soon

What else do you all see?

Eagle Minded
Interesting how June is splittable as is the important date in June
June has 30 days the 6th month
June 9
6/9
3/4.5
4.5= April 5th the hell interface YouTube creation date

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:

There is more .

It’s been 8 years and 11 months since tomorrow harvest. 11 place holders. Today is the 8th. Split your infinites.

Infinito áudios account being hacked, and then a new one created. Split your infinites - this one is from the help of another user.

On the reverse side of tomorrow’s harvest is an iconic image of a summer solstice sunset.

822 that appears on tomorrows harvest split in half is o11 split your infinities

And also summer solstice lands ion 6/21 which is also world music day

There are many splittable dates coming up soon

What else do you all see?

I see now that I shouldn't belittle myself so much for being superstitious about the number 28 :roll:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Interesting how June is splittable as is the important date in June
June has 30 days the 6th month
June 9
6/9
3/4.5
4.5= April 5th the hell interface YouTube creation date

I hope you are well hexagonFox, as it seems like you might not be.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada