GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:There's also no way that BoC didn't watch this today I'd imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFocqVe3NuM

Probably, although from a negative or positive perspective is open to debate.
I would suggest the former of the two but far be it from me to claim to know.

I don't trust that Musk, he's a Bond villain with potentially evil contraptions and plans for humanity.

Boqurant

I watched it live and listened to dayvan cowboy :D

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:

I don't trust that Musk, he's a Bond villain with potentially evil contraptions and plans for humanity.

Physical flesh symbiosis with tech and A.I is impossible to avoid now. It could be liberating for the world. No different to what we are doing now really but just far easier and faster. It could also be cheap in the long run. Can you imagine killing education and schooling? Everyone with equal intelligence. All we know is the cloud. All there is, is the cloud. Lol. I've changed my mind. I am shit scared of all this.

Dayvan Cowboy

Societas X … Space X

Haha kidding :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Sl Flk wrote:All we know is the cloud. All there is, is the cloud. Lol. I've changed my mind. I am shit scared of all this.

That sounds terrifying.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:

That Musk guy might be intelligent, but that doesn't mean he is wise. He thinks it's a good idea to use technology to get even further removed from our essence as human beings... Instead of adding anything to ourselves in the future to solve problems that are created by our mistaken identity, maybe, just maybe it might be a good idea to actually connect with our true nature right now and stop this whole fucking madness that we see in the world?

It baffles me that so many people in the world don't see this. Wake the fuck up already.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
Gazebo4 wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

That Musk guy might be intelligent, but that doesn't mean he is wise. He thinks it's a good idea to use technology to get even further removed from our essence as human beings... Instead of adding anything to ourselves in the future to solve problems that are created by our mistaken identity, maybe, just maybe it might be a good idea to actually connect with our true nature right now and stop this whole fucking madness that we see in the world?

It baffles me that so many people in the world don't see this. Wake the fuck up already.

Thank you.

Sherbet Head
Torn n Frayed wrote:Thank you.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions ;)

What is a utopia for one person, is a nightmare for another. This is no way to fix the world.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
June 9th.

Boqurant
Happy June 9th everyone!

Dayvan Cowboy
I listened to Geogaddi to celebrate and it still sounds fresh after all these years. It's the definitive BOC album for me!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMy8CsvVlU
posted yesterday to the official BoC youtube.

nothing really too interesting, but thought I'd share.
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
Roswell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMy8CsvVlU
posted yesterday to the official BoC youtube.

nothing really too interesting, but thought I'd share.

Auto-generated. Same thing happened with Aphex Twin's Vordhosbn yesterday from Peggy Gou's DJ-Kicks mix.

Boqurant
https://youtu.be/TSfD758BeEU

From the BOC subreddit. Does anyone know something about Chris Cunningham playing BOC live?

Edit: reddit link https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... nreleased/

Posts Quantity
Yes, two videos have surfaced the Internet from other people. New BoC material on the way?

Chris:
phpBB [media]

Lone:
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
huh, maybe it's an alternate version of the invocation video?

Happy Cycler
I doubt there is a connection between the two videos.

That said, what is the deal with the Chris Cunningham one? I feel like it has been posted here in the past, but I am not positive.

Is it from a BoC live set that is not currently floating around the internet? It sounds like there are extra elements in A Is To B As B Is To C that have not been present before. Also, that ending portion with the narration about clouds or whatever (with PC playing in the background) is extremely badass.

Boqurant
It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

Sherbet Head
NorthernPlastics wrote:It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

exactly, there are snippets at the beginning and end that we've never heard! exciting times

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:That said, what is the deal with the Chris Cunningham one? I feel like it has been posted here in the past, but I am not positive.

Is it from a BoC live set that is not currently floating around the internet? It sounds like there are extra elements in A Is To B As B Is To C that have not been present before. Also, that ending portion with the narration about clouds or whatever (with PC playing in the background) is extremely badass.

I asked the person who posted the video, it's from a live show Chris Cunningham did in 2011, the footage is from now-deleted Youtube uploads. I've asked if he could possibly reupload more of it.

NorthernPlastics wrote:It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

This is definitely an alternative cut of Invocation, there are additional shots which weren't in either Invocation or the Telecom Italia ad. It could be possible though that the sounds from the weird dog part and the documentary narration has nothing to do with Boards and is something Chris Cunningham spliced in himself.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada