GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I'm just here for their updates - if it leads to a new album, great...but a group that notoriously goes silent, then posts and, seemingly relates those posts to our posts (Fredd-E!), is a story unto itself - it's just fun!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
honestly it really seems like they are reacting to us.

i feel like Marcus changing his insta must be related to people talking about it
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:this is probably nothing........

but it's definitely a bit odd. i sent him a follow request yesterday, and now his account looks like this:

I think several people sent him follow requests after the account was posted, lol.

There is no way to hide follower count on Instagram that I'm aware of, so it seems he did in fact mass unfollow everyone and purge his 8 followers.

Boqurant
And, in a shocking twist, a very reclusive man who values his privacy retracts and clears his social media account when a bunch of rabid internet fans try to follow him...

Posts Quantity
yeah, not surprising at all, but also i think this activity sort of legitimizes the account, or gives it an even higher chance of being legit than before this occurred.

i think it's real anyway, but this helps too.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I don't see the purpose of coming into a thread literally made for speculation and writing long essays telling people to stop speculating, though.

In my post I say I'm okay with speculation and optimism, its more about overanalyzing someone's actions in their accounts or the people involved: the users that made the videos, ian pic, marcus personal insta, and I'm worried that if any of them were to read all of this speculation surrounding everything they do or knowing that people have browser tabs on their stuff pressing the refresh button or looking up the cache for their profile, they would be bothered or creeped out, since that thing is a bit different than just being happy about them giving a few likes on twitter on posts saying 'hope to see the new album soon' which is totally fine I also share that sentiment, but this on the other hand I feel its going a bit too far. I guess that if that's the case at some point mdg will come here and make a statement about it, if that happens I'm sure everyone would understand though.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
fefor wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I don't see the purpose of coming into a thread literally made for speculation and writing long essays telling people to stop speculating, though.

In my post I say I'm okay with speculation and optimism, its more about overanalyzing someone's actions in their accounts or the people involved: the users that made the videos, ian pic, marcus personal insta, and I'm worried that if any of them were to read all of this speculation surrounding everything they do or knowing that people have browser tabs on their stuff pressing the refresh button or looking up the cache for their profile, they would be bothered or creeped out, since that thing is a bit different than just being happy about them giving a few likes on twitter on posts saying 'hope to see the new album soon' which is totally fine I also share that sentiment, but this on the other hand I feel its going a bit too far. I guess that if that's the case at some point mdg will come here and make a statement about it, if that happens I'm sure everyone would understand though.

i think you are overly concerned about nothing.

do you think it's inappropriate that i posted a pic of his instagram? if so, i think that is completely ridiculous. anyone on earth with the internet can access that page. there is nothing of concern going on here.

just sayin.. maybe i took your post wrong
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
I think fefor has a point: we are looking a bit too much into this but then again, who are we to really blame? BoC have been barely active since tomorrow's harvest so we have a right to look into all this activity quickly even if it is intrusive.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Posts Quantity
i'm sorry, i just cannot see how we are looking a bit too much into things.

Boards of Canada are secretive cryptic maniacs...

pretty sure they kind of want us to do this...
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
I think the idea of this whole campaign is kind of satirizing how much we, the community look into things. They're doing so much minimal activity to just bait us into thinking it's a sign of a new release.

Posts Quantity
ColinWallis wrote:do you think it's inappropriate that i posted a pic of his instagram? if so, i think that is completely ridiculous. anyone on earth with the internet can access that page. there is nothing of concern going on here.

No no, I meant this conversation:

Fredd-E wrote:
ColdEarth7 wrote:FYI Marcus Eoin Instagram page deleted all his followers and followings.. don't know what to make of that tbh

Ok, this is very strange behaviour indeed.

My take: he actually reads this forum and doesn't want any of us prying into his private life. And that includes us not even looking into his instagram followers and making assumptions...

I've been following the thread for some days and I felt the same way, so even though a few had expressed it already I felt the need to say that I too was concerned about it. I do know that none of you means any harm or meant to be intrusive, I'm as anxious as any of you to get some news and when that happens for real I'll happily rave on this thread for days, I understand the hype but lets be careful on that sort of thing (if the deleting of the followers and followings on the instagram acc is indeed a reaction to this thread)
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
fefor wrote:In my post I say I'm okay with speculation and optimism, its more about overanalyzing someone's actions in their accounts or the people involved: the users that made the videos, ian pic, marcus personal insta, and I'm worried that if any of them were to read all of this speculation surrounding everything they do or knowing that people have browser tabs on their stuff pressing the refresh button or looking up the cache for their profile, they would be bothered or creeped out, since that thing is a bit different than just being happy about them giving a few likes on twitter on posts saying 'hope to see the new album soon' which is totally fine I also share that sentiment, but this on the other hand I feel its going a bit too far. I guess that if that's the case at some point mdg will come here and make a statement about it, if that happens I'm sure everyone would understand though.

It seems obvious some of these accounts were made to be found.

Take the Mike and Marcus twitter accounts, for example. If they just wanted social media accounts to quietly follow people for their own reasons, they could easily sign up using fake names and never be located. But they signed up using their real names, followed the BOC twitter, and in Mike's case posted a couple of song lyrics from Joni Mitchell and The Incredible String Band. And Marcus uploaded a BOC-esque piece of art as his banner to Twitter in the last couple of days along with all this other activity.

No one's prying into anyone's personal life here, these are public social media accounts that they've specifically chosen to connect not only with their own names, but with Boards of Canada, and they have a long history of hiding breadcrumb trails under accounts on multiple websites (AtalantaFugiens, Hell Interface, Sheol Boundary back in 2013).

This is intentional. They know full well people are going to be scouring the social media accounts connected to these various pages.

Dayvan Cowboy
fefor wrote: I guess that if that's the case at some point mdg will come here and make a statement about it, if that happens I'm sure everyone would understand though.

He tends to call people out when they actually do something legitimately wrong. I remember he actually called out the people who took a video of the whole set of TH at one of the shows and posted it online.

So you're right. IF someone crosses the line, he'll probably show up. He's like Batman :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Yeah, the fact that MDG isn't saying anything is a good thing. The more he stays silent, ironically the more information we know.

Sherbet Head
FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH

I prefer Sufjan Stevens. He's good Christian entertainment.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:
Josh wrote:FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH

I prefer Sufjan Stevens. He's good Christian entertainment.

Black Sabbath and Sufjan Stevens are good Christian entertainment, and I enjoy both. The important part is FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA.

Posts Quantity
Electric Wizard
"R-Worded"

Sherbet Head
ColinWallis wrote:Electric Wizard

FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA LISTEN TO DOPETHRONE

Posts Quantity
Josh wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:Electric Wizard

FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA LISTEN TO DOPETHRONE

:twisted:
"R-Worded"