GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Did someone archive the Neinuoy "ಶೀಘ್ರವಾಗಿ" video?
Fly!

Sherbet Head
sandrail wrote:Did someone archive the Neinuoy "ಶೀಘ್ರವಾಗಿ" video?

this is all that remains AFAIK
https://vocaroo.com/19QT8DHyKbrJ

Posts Quantity
What about volscp?
Fly!

Posts Quantity
B0Bthrob wrote:Has anyone found anything about these two mysterious tracks? I don't hear anything obvious that points toward them being fake.

Volscp
http://youtu.be/f-zOsnqSG8cQ

ಶೀಘ್ರವಾಗಿ
http://youtu.be/gwZH0SCmspk
Fly!

Boqurant
sandrail wrote:What about volscp?

here it is, stored in my hdd since 2013 :D

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
The Spaniard wrote:Adele might have pressed a lot of vinyl records for her last album, but it seems that all these other artists were able to release their records in the month of November.

(https://genius.com/a/every-album-release-in-november-2021)

Edit: post number 222.

Thanks for showing me that. It makes me feel better actually.

This is a question i ask all of you: How much of a priority do you think BOC is at the record plant? I mean, they're obviously giants to us, but do you think the rest of the world wants BOC as much as we do?

It's funny, as a die-hard fan, it's very difficult to gage how big a certain band is if they aren't like Radiohead size. Because if BOC are actually big and in demand, we probably could expect a new album sooner than later. Record Store Day is on a Black Friday after all. :wink:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
They definitely prioritize certain releases by record label size. With a few exceptions, of course, like celebrities.
Fly!

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
The Spaniard wrote:Adele might have pressed a lot of vinyl records for her last album, but it seems that all these other artists were able to release their records in the month of November.

This is a question i ask all of you: How much of a priority do you think BOC is at the record plant? I mean, they're obviously giants to us, but do you think the rest of the world wants BOC as much as we do?

It's funny, as a die-hard fan, it's very difficult to gage how big a certain band is if they aren't like Radiohead size. Because if BOC are actually big and in demand, we probably could expect a new album sooner than later. Record Store Day is on a Black Friday after all. :wink:

I can't see Warp deviating from their current release strategy.
Digital first, with vinyl following a few weeks/ months later.

All this noise around the vinyl backlog doesn't prevent Boc or warp from making an album release announcement.

As always, expect the unexpected.

Eagle Minded
Knifeyspooney wrote:
Echelon wrote:

I can't see Warp deviating from their current release strategy.
Digital first, with vinyl following a few weeks/ months later.

All this noise around the vinyl backlog doesn't prevent Boc or warp from making an album release announcement.

As always, expect the unexpected.

BoC might be insistent on the vinyl being available immediately for whatever reason. For someone as big as BoC is for Warp I think they'd listen to them, no?
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Happy Cycler
Just gonna say this now so I can, hopefully, be surprised later on.

We're not going to hear a thing from BoC until we are over 1000 pages deep here.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Just gonna say this now so I can, hopefully, be surprised later on.

We're not going to hear a thing from BoC until we are over 1000 pages deep here.

Maybe if we try reverse psychology we can get it released quicker! :wink:

(Twoism water cooler conversation coincidently in front of a warp executive.)

*in a loud voice*
"Y'know mechanismj, it'd be great if Boards of Canada never released anything ever again. Wouldn’t that be good, no new album.
There’s definitely NOT going to be a release anytime soon!"

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Just gonna say this now so I can, hopefully, be surprised later on.

*in a loud voice*
"Y'know mechanismj, it'd be great if Boards of Canada never released anything ever again. Wouldn’t that be good, no new album.

YES. INDEED. There is too much music in the world as it is. DO NOT RELEASE NEW MUSIC!

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

*in a loud voice*

YES. INDEED. There is too much music in the world as it is. DO NOT RELEASE NEW MUSIC!

Boards of who? OH! BOARDS OF CANADA you say should NOT release a new ALBUM!

Knifeyspooney wrote:All this noise around the vinyl backlog doesn't prevent Boc or warp from making an album release announcement.

It does prevent them to do a release in the near future. If allegedly the record is currently finished, but the vinyl backlog is let's say 9 months then Warp will still need to wait a whopping 6 months before being able to announce the release + digital + streaming in anticipation of the actual LP. If they would like to keep the gap between announcement and LP about three months.

Under normal circumstances there wouldn't be a 9 months vinyl backlog holding everything hostage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, it is hard to say how much things changed compared to the last release, in terms of physical/digital/streaming. But if it's for sure, that physical release holding the actual release dates, well that's a problem. Not saying, that I could not wait for 9-12 months for the vinyl, but nor do I could not live without it. Digital/CD would be just fine. CD is still physical release, but my guess the costs of it compared to the vinyl, probably is relatively small.

Dayvan Cowboy
Prediction: April to February is nine months...so announcement soon? :wink:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
me like boc. me think sheol is boc. me also think sheol will post weird stuff sometime soon (most likely xmas). me believe there will be album 2022. me saw Hi.com is about to expire 2021-12-08 15:04:20 UTC 4:20! HAH! yay, weed. weed is tight, weed is tight.

Boqurant
I was reviewing the cosecha transmissiones ordeal and it made me think more and more that there could be something hidden across their activity since and including TH.. I'm thinking in particular the Societas mix and the stuff that happened earlier this year in the Hell Interface fb..

But who knows eh.. If there is something is probably stupid hard to find and there might as well be nothing who knows.

Let's see what else happens.. if anything

edit: 70 posts eh.. feels good
Last edited by MIXL2 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Frindia wrote:me like boc. me think sheol is boc. me also think sheol will post weird stuff sometime soon (most likely xmas). me believe there will be album 2022. me saw Hi.com is about to expire 2021-12-08 15:04:20 UTC 4:20! HAH! yay, weed. weed is tight, weed is tight.

Dude, sick reference to Snoop Dogg smoking weed. I can’t believe you’re so clever. You were clever enough to bring up Sm - Snoop smoking weed on your stream, because you KNEW that Snoap Dogg smoke weed, and Smoke Dogg, he is smd snoop. And you KNEW that if you brought up the Smook Dogg smokin dveed, that you – people would know that! And they would clap!
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
I like dogs and weed

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada