GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:Yes, please no more dates. If anything they'll do something on a completely random day to throw us off

Absolutely this

TheStatPow wrote:They'll release when we least expect it.
Maybe they've already submitted the album to Warp ages ago. Warp might be puzzling it into their marketing schedule for 2021. I guess a label just doesn't churn out a release in XYZ (uhm 123, sir).

Boqurant
bakedsodium wrote:Has a single date people have predicted for a BoC release ever been correct? For Geogaddi, Tomorrow's Harvest, Campfire Headphase, Trans Canada Highway, whatever. Have any of them actually been right lol?
It does feel like we're running around in circles picking out vaguely related to BoC dates and then getting disappointed when, by some unexplainable act of god, there's surprisingly nothing on that day.

They said in interview that for them numerology is "playing with numers" rather than something with a particular meaning. So a random date for the new release should be expected (it's one of the few things we are pretty sure about).

Boqurant
One thing I’m sure of is that whenever the release date is, WARP will know the date and have a specific plan for the launch and roll out. It won’t be dependant on some clue or hidden link being discovered. There’s no work or investigation we have to do. It’ll happen when it’s meant to.

Also, hello.

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogaddi 20th anniversary 2002 02 13. If not new music, some goodies considering the classic record. At least, some interesting read about the record process during this period.

Sherbet Head
I predict this thread reaches 1,000 or more posts before any release.

Hope I'm wrong :wink:

Eagle Minded
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Is there any more info about this? Do ya'll think this is BoC related?

It seems to echo this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eAKCTmQ4nY

What with inverting "I feel good" with a nightmarish face, feeling bad feels good etc.

Also Whitney Houston made a song called "Feels so Good"

Imo could be nothing, but it seems very like them to be topical in this way, and given that the world is going through "sick times" I wouldn't be surprised if they chimed in with a sentiment like sometimes it's good to feel bad. Just throwing stuff out there

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:They'll release when we least expect it.
Maybe they've already submitted the album to Warp ages ago. Warp might be puzzling it into their marketing schedule for 2021. I guess a label just doesn't churn out a release in XYZ (uhm 123, sir).

Call me pessimist but I highly doubt they've even submitted something to warp yet. I think we're at least 2 to 3 years away from a new record. 2023 maybe? :)
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
Burning Shadow wrote:One thing I’m sure of is that whenever the release date is, WARP will know the date and have a specific plan for the launch and roll out. It won’t be dependant on some clue or hidden link being discovered. There’s no work or investigation we have to do. It’ll happen when it’s meant to.

Also, hello.

It's like drugs. you shouldn't go around looking for them. they'll find you when you're ready :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Meant to say in my above post that since the Melting under the Orange Hexagon Sun video I linked is confirmed, I think it gives breadth and context to that adult swim IG post I also linked. People in the comments on the IG post are even saying the dates correlate with the timeline of Hell Interface activity, and I read the same thoughts on the BoC subreddit. I don't know the specifics about the timeline though.

With BoC anything is possible, it could be coincidence. I personally think it is connected in a series of little indications to their fans that they are active, that something is brewing, but I don't think it means much more than that.

Sherbet Head
North by North wrote:I predict this thread reaches 1,000 or more posts before any release.

Likely to be the only correct prediction in this thread.

Dayvan Cowboy
Twoist wrote:
North by North wrote:I predict this thread reaches 1,000 or more posts before any release.

Likely to be the only correct prediction in this thread.

Again, numbers 10000, getting rid of that, doesn't work

Posts Quantity
Since there’s no hype in this thread right now, I just want to post about how cool http://www.NewClearDawn.com/ is. The site has been up for years, and unlike other Hexgon Sun affiliated sites, it thankfully isn’t blank.

I’ve always dug the graphic. The occult imagery combined with corporate aesthetic gives off such a weird vibe. I get that it’s sort of a joke page, a placeholder for nothing that came to be. That being said, the site has always intrigued me and if ever New Clear Dawn comes to be an album I would be there for it.

Anybody have any thoughts or speculation regarding the website?

New Seed
HappyCyclist wrote:Since there’s no hype in this thread right now, I just want to post about how cool http://www.NewClearDawn.com/ is. The site has been up for years, and unlike other Hexgon Sun affiliated sites, it thankfully isn’t blank.

I’ve always dug the graphic. The occult imagery combined with corporate aesthetic gives off such a weird vibe. I get that it’s sort of a joke page, a placeholder for nothing that came to be. That being said, the site has always intrigued me and if ever New Clear Dawn comes to be an album I would be there for it.

I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

Posts Quantity
mulchy13 wrote:
HappyCyclist wrote:Since there’s no hype in this thread right now, I just want to post about how cool http://www.NewClearDawn.com/ is. The site has been up for years, and unlike other Hexgon Sun affiliated sites, it thankfully isn’t blank.

I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

fnord

Happy Cycler
I wonder if New Clear Dawn was an early title for what became Tomorrow's Harvest. There is a feeling of similarity there.

Dayvan Cowboy
mulchy13 wrote:I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

Yes, NewClearDawn.com is confirmed to be owned by Boards of Canada. Frontline Net Observation Research & Development also initializes to "FNORD," another Discordianism reference (along with the eye and the pyramid).

I think it probably was an unused element of the TH ARG, since it included the owl (connecting to the "I OVERFLOW MAN/OWL OF MINERVA" from TH) and it's been around since well before the release of TH. Most likely they just have the domain set to auto-renew.

Eagle Minded
mulchy13 wrote:I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

I'm pretty sure on some database it showed that the same email/name that registered music70.com, boardsofcanada.com and hexagonsun.com also registered newcleardawn.com. Also the Eye of Providence? F.N.O.R.D? Some interesting Illuminatus references, and as we all know BoC love that series.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:

I'm pretty sure on some database it showed that the same email/name that registered music70.com, boardsofcanada.com and hexagonsun.com also registered newcleardawn.com. Also the Eye of Providence? F.N.O.R.D? Some interesting Illuminatus references, and as we all know BoC love that series.

Yes, exactly. The difference is that hexagonsun.com, hellinterface.com, and music70.com are all intentionally blank. Newcleardawn.com stands out— though I agree it could be scrapped material related to TH, it still intrigues me. New Clear Dawn as a title sounds like it could follow Tomorrow’s Harvest.

Posts Quantity
HappyCyclist wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:

Yes, exactly. The difference is that hexagonsun.com, hellinterface.com, and music70.com are all intentionally blank. Newcleardawn.com stands out— though I agree it could be scrapped material related to TH, it still intrigues me. New Clear Dawn as a title sounds like it could follow Tomorrow’s Harvest.

I'm liking this theory, I remember there were rumours of the next record being a double album a year or so before tomorrows harvest came in after something Peter Serafinowicz said on the radio.

If there was meant to be a tied or linked follow up release I think it ought to have been released by now, its probably far more likely that TH had enough written material for a double album but got condensed into its mere 17 tracks, we can still dream though :}

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada