GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Again, good work man :) also im impressed you contained your excitement that well haha

The phone call I just posted is NOT of my voice. It's someone who called after me and posted their phone call as proof, and many thanks to them for that. WATMM is tearing me a new asshole over there... hahaha

edit: And yes, that IS the same guy I talked to THIS MORNING when I called and again this AFTERNOON when he gave me the update.

Happy Cycler
Ah I see! Also, just ignore them man, its not a nice place.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Ah I see! Also, just ignore them man, its not a nice place.

I usually would, but there are several members of this forum who are also members of WATMM. I just wanted to make it clear that I am not some bored fanboy making shit up for thrills. I have a life and a job and relationship that requires my attention and I wouldn't have wasted my time with this were it bullshit. We've all been on wild BoC goose chases too many times in the last decade for us to fall for some hoax again. We just don't deserve it.

Happy Cycler
Fair do's mate :)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

krs wrote:
fujee wrote:Ah I see! Also, just ignore them man, its not a nice place.

I usually would, but there are several members of this forum who are also members of WATMM. I just wanted to make it clear that I am not some bored fanboy making shit up for thrills. I have a life and a job and relationship that requires my attention and I wouldn't have wasted my time with this were it bullshit. We've all been on wild BoC goose chases too many times in the last decade for us to fall for some hoax again. We just don't deserve it.

You know what? Good on you fella. I couldn't give a toss about anything WATMM has to say on anything, let alone this. Let them lay an egg and sulk. You can guarantee if it's a fake they'll be bleating on about that too. And I won't care about them then either... :lol:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Now we wait

Friendly Stranger
Everyone please come populate the IRC http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=% ... ORY&uio=d4

Eagle Minded
I'm so fucking psyched about this right now. What an awesome way to announce their return.

Here's the new clip again if anyone hasn't heard it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4UCjjyr8U

Eagle Minded
fujee wrote:I bet one of the records is in Edinburgh and one in London.

I hear what you're saying. The former might be given the priority I suspect - I doubt it will be too long before some fans report if any of the involved stores have it there.

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:You know what? Good on you fella. I couldn't give a toss about anything WATMM has to say on anything, let alone this. Let them lay an egg and sulk. You can guarantee if it's a fake they'll be bleating on about that too. And I won't care about them then either... :lol:

they're very pessimist over there, ok i can understand with the april fools thing and lots of other things in the past but its really funny how boc are playing them more than twoism. its like that old fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf. The expected is not always to be as expected. Warp/Bleep email announcement lol you think it's always going to be like that? Boring

The Exai promo recipient who posted over there and who leaked info before Joyrex started saying 'soon' was blasted. He said June and when it is June he will be blasted again "ok big swing you got it right, now fuck off" thats the sort of crap you get over there if you're a newbie and not part of their clan. Its like one loooong argument, every day over there whats good and whats not. The joke is on them, they think its fun to read twoism, its Hilarious to read watmm, out of this world. This here is positive discussin about one band, over there its constant arguing overs 1000s. tough work in Agroland.

Sherbet Head
Two possibilities on the other records.

1. They also went out on sale on RSD. In which case I would have thought that they would have gone. Every shop had queues in the UK so they were full of music fans looking for loot. It's possible people just don't understand what they have yet or don't care for sharing it but I find it hard to believe these records are still there after Saturday.

2. They will be drip fed out one week at a time. This seems less likely as the point seemed to be to use RSD to be sure they all escaped quickly and on the same day. But just maybe the growing hype of a weekly thing is what they're after.

Final thought: you spend 8 years making a record and need it to do well so you can spend another 8 on the next one, but don't intend to tour the ass off it, do masses of interviews or assume that you fan-base will do all the work for you. So you give it a hand by building a buzz before release.

See Daft Punk for evidence of someone else who is following this recipe albeit on a different scale and with less occult mystery.

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh man all of this buzz just makes the wait for a new album that much harder :(

I imbue my faith in a early June release as so many people, whether they're legit or not, have been saying a early summer/june release. Some sources seemingly more credible than others.

And not to mention that in the past BoC have usually done some sort of nod to a new album a few months ahead of time. And a june release is about two months away.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
BunnyRabbit wrote:2. They will be drip fed out one week at a time. This seems less likely as the point seemed to be to use RSD to be sure they all escaped quickly and on the same day. But just maybe the growing hype of a weekly thing is what they're after.

I was thinking about this as well. No one says they all had to be dropped on the same day, and if they are being delivered in-person by a Warp rep, it makes sense that it might take a few days.

Sherbet Head
Thing is, would you start with the fourth?

What am I saying? This doesn't need to follow any convention. :roll:

But still...

Dayvan Cowboy
BunnyRabbit wrote:Great work krs.

Doubters be damned, this shit just got real.

Sherbet Head

Posts Quantity
pitchfork say they've confirmed it's an official Warp release :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
Spirit Fingers wrote:pitchfork say they've confirmed it's an official Warp release :shock:

I can see the page but I can't read anything about confirmation? Weird.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
portiss wrote:
Spirit Fingers wrote:pitchfork say they've confirmed it's an official Warp release :shock:

I can see the page but I can't read anything about confirmation? Weird.

3rd line - "We've confirmed that it was a legit Warp release."

Eagle Minded
Time to get excited! Hopefully we'll got an official confirmation of the album soon, and if it's true that the album is more akin to Geogaddi, we're in for another masterpiece for sure.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada