GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Last edited by krs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
I KNEW IT
Toss the sun down the backwards spiral

Posts Quantity
Can we really trust them?

Sherbet Head
im still sceptical despite 8 hours sleep last night, but it's unlike p4k to confirm something without knowing something we don't..... take that as you will i guess
a grain of salt etc
*farts*

idk

Dayvan Cowboy
The909Virus wrote:if it's true that the album is more akin to Geogaddi, we're in for another masterpiece for sure.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Posts Quantity
Ottomatik wrote:Can we really trust them?

Warp? Maybe not after Maximo Park..

Sherbet Head
Ottomatik wrote:Can we really trust them?

Can we trust a site that has the credentials to call up almost any major label/act and talk to/interview whoever they want? I think so! I mean after this, Warp following Other Music on twitter, what else do we need?

Friendly Stranger
p4k has atleast SOME journalistic integrity, i dont think they would say something like "we've confirmed it's a legit warp release" without actually looking into it and having it confirmed by warp. I believe it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Can't wait to see what comes of all this. It's been fun so far. Like old times...

Friendly Stranger
just saw this post on 4chan (i know, i know), to back up the info from krs' call and the vocaroo clip of someone calling the store.

i visited other records this afternoon to buy shit and asked about the 12"

the girl at the counter told me that yesterday afternoon (RSD), someone from Warp hand-delivered the record and told them to put it on the shelves. it sold for $24.99 to a "very shocked but happy fan". she said they've been getting phone calls non-stop from people asking if this whole thing is real or not.

they showed me pictures of the record sitting on the shelf. it's real.

Friendly Stranger
Well, I had a look in the Edinburgh Record Store Day participating shops when this was first posted this morning and I couldn't find anything...

Eagle Minded
the snippet of music sounds so familiar, but i can't tell if that's because i've heard it before or because it has that nostalgic de ja vu BoC vibe

Sherbet Head
moomin wrote:just saw this post on 4chan (i know, i know), to back up the info from krs' call and the vocaroo clip of someone calling the store.

the girl at the counter told me that yesterday afternoon (RSD), someone from Warp hand-delivered the record and told them to put it on the shelves. it sold for $24.99 to a "very shocked but happy fan". she said they've been getting phone calls non-stop from people asking if this whole thing is real or not.

jeepers $24.99 for a 12", thats steep. i'm sure it will be claimed back easily ten fold but still lol

Sherbet Head
Keeoaddi wrote:the snippet of music sounds so familiar, but i can't tell if that's because i've heard it before or because it has that nostalgic de ja vu BoC vibe

it still keeps reminding of this, warped a bit boc style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsEqINeMS4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Kgzn3tDQU

considering what its about, first contact, first message etc etc it would be fitting and of course the 70s movie nostalgia, wouldn't be their first time
Last edited by thepastinsidepressant on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
moomin wrote:just saw this post on 4chan (i know, i know), to back up the info from krs' call and the vocaroo clip of someone calling the store.

jeepers $24.99 for a 12", thats steep. i'm sure it will be claimed back easily ten fold but still lol

all new 12" vinyls are like $20 nowadays

Eagle Minded
Okay time to post some of my hopes for the new album for real:

1. It's a double album (2 CDs, 4 LPs).
2. It actually merges their darker style (Geogaddi) with their lighter style (Campfire Headphase), but leans darker in more of a heavy psychedelic way (like Seven Forty Seven). Maybe even one CD is more light, the other more dark(?).
3. It has crazy unique vinyl packaging like Geogaddi.
4. They are releasing the fabled BOCset of old remastered material alongside it.
5. They do at least one live show in the US sometime after the release.

That's all I can think of for now. Time to go listen to all the boc ever to prep for this release.
Last edited by cubistking1906 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Vostok wrote:all new 12" vinyls are like $20 nowadays

Full length LPs maybe, not 20 second audio clips.

also: http://thepluralofvinyl.com/

Eagle Minded
thepastinsidepressant wrote:it still keeps reminding of this, warped a bit boc style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsEqINeMS4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Kgzn3tDQU

I understand where you're coming from with that idea - it's quite, er, close!

Friendly Stranger
cubistking1906 wrote:Okay time to post some of my hopes for the new album for real:

1. It's a double LP.
2. It actually merges their darker style (Geogaddi) with their lighter style (Campfire Headphase), but leans darker in more of a heavy psychedelic way (like Seven Forty Seven). Maybe even one LP is more light, the other more dark(?).
3. It has crazy unique vinyl packaging like Geogaddi.
4. They are releasing the fabled BOCset of old remastered material alongside it.
5. They do at least one live show in the US sometime after the release.

That's all I can think of for now. Time to go listen to all the boc ever to prep for this release.

Also not a specific request for the new album, but i hope they repress the past albums on vinyl too. If they don't do the BOCset.

Eagle Minded
GeometricPish wrote:
also: http://thepluralofvinyl.com/

heh

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada