GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Just had a closer look at the Warp IG post - if you scroll to the last picture, the following is written on the banner:

The Past inside the Future
The Future Inside the Past
The Present inside the Present

In fairness I kinda shit myself initially because I read ‘The Past Inside the Present’....apologies, carry on. As you were...

Sherbet Head
21 june??
Thats my birthday. I hope something cool and BoC related happens. Would be the best birthday ever. Nothin would ever top it. Not even my birth.
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Don't forget about " '89 Pontiac Dream "!!
With them tagging NTS it sounds like it will be a radio livestream.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Actually, the line "89 to infinity" is much more likely in reference to when Warp started, which was 1989.

Dayvan Cowboy
Aimo wrote:Just had a closer look at the Warp IG post - if you scroll to the last picture, the following is written on the banner:

In fairness I kinda shit myself initially because I read ‘The Past Inside the Present’....apologies, carry on. As you were...

Regardless, is that not a direct allusion to BoC?
I am really hyped for this cardigan now.
Maybe it will be a double cardigan, you know, a reversible one.

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:Actually, the line "89 to infinity" is much more likely in reference to when Warp started, which was 1989.

Ah most likely, I think the track is '84 Pontiac Dream instead of '89 also.
The reference, without direct quote, of the past inside the present is really something, though. Honestly.

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:
Aimo wrote:Just had a closer look at the Warp IG post - if you scroll to the last picture, the following is written on the banner:

Regardless, is that not a direct allusion to BoC?
I am really hyped for this cardigan now.
Maybe it will be a double cardigan, you know, a reversible one.

I hope so - I haven’t posted here in almost 4 years, but read the Warp post on IG, had a minor panic attack, and this place was my first port of call. Felt kind of deflated when I read the Warp post properly, but yeah, I do think it’s a direct reference to BoC. Fingers crossed...

Dayvan Cowboy
Violet color BOC?

:?

Eagle Minded
It's either directly related to BoC or they are getting a serious thrill out of trolling us. "The past inside the present" is pretty much one of the most famous BoC lyrics, right up there with "Orange!" I think it came from a lecture by Terence McKenna, but I could be wrong on that; it certainly sounds like his voice, albeit distorted.

There's probably some intern for WARP out there like, "hey boss, I've got the perfect idea to mess with those characters over on Twoism all while promoting our company!" The general feel of all the text that they posted gives me the vibe that WARP just tried DMT for the first time, lol. Just kidding, of course.

Things are looking up, IMO. I think even just one song on the compilation album would be enough to tide us fans over in the waiting game. Whatever the case may be, it is a lot of fun to think about these things!

Posts Quantity
Playing with our feelings like that... not cool man! :lol:
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:21 june??
Thats my birthday. I hope something cool and BoC related happens. Would be the best birthday ever. Nothin would ever top it. Not even my birth.

Dude! Same here! I was also born on June 21! That would be the best bday ever!

Sherbet Head
[quote="Aimo"]Just had a closer look at the Warp IG post - if you scroll to the last picture, the following is written on the banner:

Did a search for 3 of those.

The first is related to Philip .K Dick

The second lead me to this research paper about haunted nostalgia and technological decay

"As Jamie Sexton puts it, hauntologists are interested in ‘past
projections of the future and progress. The past inside the present and the
future inside the past"

https://www.academia.edu/30534418/Haunt ... n_Sinister

The last one is interesting too its a quote by stephen Mitchell and there was only 2 other result on google from it

“When he makes you a promise, he is assuring you that however the world changes, his word will not change. Thus, he is creating the future inside the present. Even more: he is creating the present inside the present. He is establishing on stationary point amid the infinite flux of events.”
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
I rechecked the latest gram post. it read also "The story begins at the end of history. Thanks for reading"
and "You and I are separated by a Thin membrane of reality . Reality is the best disguise"

89-infinity couldn't tell me much on google other than its a song by Sydnee
Suck my BUTT

Posts Quantity
chronical wrote:21th? really? :D

Yeah sorry for this, I guess I was too excited when writing that post ;)

I was also searching for references and I found that "Beyond the solstice lies the secret to a new beginning" refers to a quote from the Waterworld movie, with "horizon" instead of "solstice".
But to me the "89-infinity" doesn't refer to anything else than just the birth of Warp, and also the fact that all their artists are immortals. And that they will make music forever. Especially BoC. Because they're not humans. But we already knew that :}

Posts Quantity
Here are the texts and subtexts in their full glory, copy-pasted from reddit:

THIS WILL HAVE BEEN HAPPENING IN THE FUTURE.
A network of artificial intelligence determined to preserve the possibility of life's survival on the planet.

BEYOND THE SOLSTICE LIES THE SECRET TO A NEW BEGINNING.
You and I are separated by a thin membrane of reality. Reality is the best disguise.

ONCE UPON A TIME (IRL)
You and I are separated by a thin membrane of reality. Reality is the best disguise.

THROUGH THE TREES, THE FOREST. THROUGH THE FOREST, A SCREEN.
A network of artificial intelligence determined to preserve the possibility of life's survival on the planet.

'89–INFINITY.
The story begins at the end of history. Thanks for reading.

ON THE SOLSTICE WE CONNECTED
The past inside the future. The future inside the past. The present inside the present.

AND THE FUTURE LOOKED BRIGHT.
The story begins at the end of history. Thanks for reading.

WARP x NTS
The past inside the future. The future inside the past. The present inside the present.

Randomly guessing; it sounds a bit an event taking place which will also be live streamed. What is also interesting is that each of the subtexts repeats once. Especially the last quote does really sound suspiciously boards-related, doesn't it?

Eagle Minded
Something BoC related is coming for Warp30 I can nearly promise that, but when the official “warp30” (compilation?) comes out is beyond me, but I would assume it’s either Friday June 21st, or In August/September. Currently June 21st (or what ever warp is currently posting about on their Instagram) doesn’t sound like it’s the official “warp30 release” I think if anything It will be a live radio show with NTS, maybe showing off part of the compilation (maybe some new music).

New Seed
Whatever it is, I can't wait to hear what they've got live for us :D
The past inside the present...

Dayvan Cowboy
I am really glad that the entirety of Warp 30 wasn't that smaller live show and the pop-up store.
I was under the impression that was it for a while.
I mean, I am sure it was fairly interesting and there were some really decent artists on the bill, but for the 30th I expected something more and I am happy that it appears to be coming to fruition combined with BoC references.

I've got a green light for the hype train. Refreshments served in carriage sixty ten (orange section).

Dayvan Cowboy
Watmm makes fun of us.

Eagle Minded
...here's a wild idea, and likely going to just be a product of the Hype Train that I'm apparently following...

If they changed the "past inside the present" quote (knowing we would know? on purpose, either way)...could that mean the release of all/partial back catalog? Would be pretty consistent with celebrating a 30th anniversary as well, no?

*choo choo* :D
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada