GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Wow, that's interesting :D

Sherbet Head
O man, I love One Autolix Point Never !

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks for that, Echelon. Really interesting and there is a chance that the Boards interview would be either recent or done specifically for the book/ Warp30 generally, on the other hand, I wouldn't be disappointed if they are using their choice of past interview segments from the artists involved though.

The tour is so amazing that they are fitting two weeks into eight days. Wow!!!1!
Anyway, at least the translate function can recognize and translate Brian Eno this time, in one of the Japanese interviews on Bocpages before being cleaned up a bit, it still had it as "Brian House Domestic" or something of that nature.
*cough* sorrythatwasmyfault *cough*

Dayvan Cowboy
drillkicker wrote:O man, I love One Autolix Point Never !

Don't forget Vibio. Makes him sound like a rapper or r&b singer
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Anyone hear about this "https://beatink.com/products/detail.php?product_id=10616"

Some kind of 30th WARP anniversary book with interviews from Boards of Canada. I don't think they're new but perhaps they're ones not listed on Bocpages.

From shitty google translate:

<WARP RECORDS> finally celebrated its 30th anniversary this year, producing a number of cutting-edge artists and continuing to make incredible achievements in the history of music. Various events are held with the keyword “WXAXRXP”, next week !!! (tick tic tic), square pusher, one autolix point never, vibio, and battles Come to Japan without (or at the same time). A mook featuring the great history of <WARP>, which revolutionized electronic music, in front of an exciting two-week tour of four cities in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka over eight days. The book “Ele-king Warp 30” is now on sale!

Over 272 pages of fan appraisal, including more than 30 re-recorded “ele-king” and “remix” from the 90s, 00s and 10s.

Interview published
LFO / Nightmares On Wax / Aphex Twin / Autechre / The Black Dog / Plaid / Boards Of Canada / Two Lone Swordsmen / Squarepusher / Clark / Prefuse 73 / !!! (Chk Chk Chk) / Flying Lotus / Oneohtrix Point Never / Brian Eno other

In addition, the staff talks about Warp's 30-year history, introduction of hidden name boards, discography, etc. One book for the family, a treasure version to know <WARP> deeply!

Along with the release of the latest Battles release "Juice B Crypts" on October 11th, the <WARP> 30th anniversary campaign is currently in progress at the record shop store! Get an original knapsack!

Yeah thanks for the heads up on the interview. It is supposedly an interview from Remix Magazine (the Japanese publication) April 2002: http://ele-king.net/books/007171/

I hunted down the original 2002 mag and as soon as I get it, will scan and upload to bocpages as done with the others. :)

Valotonin wrote:Thanks for that, Echelon. Really interesting and there is a chance that the Boards interview would be either recent or done specifically for the book/ Warp30 generally, on the other hand, I wouldn't be disappointed if they are using their choice of past interview segments from the artists involved though.
So it could be a rehash of an interview that has already been published around 2002 or an exclusive one. Hoping for the latter ;)

Valotonin wrote: in one of the Japanese interviews on Bocpages before being cleaned up a bit, it still had it as "Brian House Domestic" or something of that nature.
*cough* sorrythatwasmyfault *cough*
haha, yeah all the Japanese interviews I put on bocpages really ought to have a proper or professional translation. I've noticed with Google translate with Japanese that one small issue with character recognition (via OCR software) can change the meaning of a sentence completely.

Dayvan Cowboy
https://imgur.com/a/D1BO8eb

The plot thickens. "Secret DJs" on November 1st. Emphasis on plural.

Could be any duo like Autechre but would those guys be so secretive about it?

Dayvan Cowboy
I hope Boards are well compensated by Warp for the fact that all they need do to attract attention and attendance to an event is make something seem mysterious, secret or unknown. I don't want this to be read in a negative tone, but I hope BoC's next release is as direct as possible. There is a genuine risk of a boy who cried wolf situation here with Warp whereby people might genuinely lose interest in anything branded as a mystery.

Dayvan Cowboy
I would love to be wrong on this.

Dayvan Cowboy
I actually agree with you fully, Val. There are days I wish my favorite idm band were as open as Katy Perry and the like...or if not Katy Perry then Aphex Twin. I'm very jealous of his fandom and the treatment they've gotten this decade.

Friendly Stranger
Let's hope we have boots on the ground in Tokyo to find out... Everyone arm yourselves with your hidden microphones just in case.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm not dead set on it being BOC since it could be virtually anyone but this quote strikes me as interesting:

"MIKE: True, we actually do receive a lot of offers. Especially from festivals. But well, let's say that if we would ever decide to do a live performance, we want it to be something really special. If we'd ever decide to do it. In fact I must confess that lately we have started to think of it as a possible hypothesis... yes, we started working on it."

I mean they did perform at WXAXRP 10 all those years ago. Also where they're performing is the fifth floor of Shibuya East which is not the main area and only holds 200 people. Sounds like a more low-key area which would fit in with their schtick. They also get the largest amount of DJ time out of anyone so it's obviously someone big.

A lot of stuff points to this being special but like I said, there's a big chance that this isn't them too. I'm just stating the facts just in case it is. ;)

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:Could be any duo like Autechre but would those guys be so secretive about it?

Would BoC call themselves DJs ? I think that’s even less likely.

Dayvan Cowboy
drillkicker wrote:
Echelon wrote:Could be any duo like Autechre but would those guys be so secretive about it?

Would BoC call themselves DJs ? I think that’s even less likely.

You might be right. Just ignore me. Overly hopeful here.

Honestly, I think it would be funny if one of the overly hopeful people on here was proven right at least once. Like the numerology dude.

Eagle Minded
90% chance it's not BoC, but that 10% chance will keep me on the edge of my seat until that day :)

Sherbet Head
It will be aphex, the only way it would say secret is to keep the aphex hype capped so fans of other artists get a look in getting tickets.
Not even a consideration it would be BoC. I'll paypal you £10 if it is Echelon.
Other option would be that they got a well known artist to DJ that is not on Warp.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:It will be aphex, the only way it would say secret is to keep the aphex hype capped so fans of other artists get a look in getting tickets.
Not even a consideration it would be BoC. I'll paypal you £10 if it is Echelon.
Other option would be that they got a well known artist to DJ that is not on Warp.

Yeah I do realize that it probably isn't them. It is fun to speculate but to misquote what Fredd-E said to me 'Never get your hopes up with BoC.'

I've honestly taken Mozart's approach on this and I'll give myself 10% regarding this. I'll gladly take the 10 as long as I don't have to give anything back if I'm wrong though :P

Edit: Concerning Aphex Twin, it was recently announced that they're screening his live performance in Manchester on the first floor of Duo. Would be odd if Aphex Twin was performing upstairs while a show of his was screening on the first floor.

https://www.beatink.com/products/detail ... t_id=10639

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:it was recently announced that they're screening his live performance in Manchester on the first floor of Duo. Would be odd if Aphex Twin was performing upstairs while a show of his was screening on the first floor.

I wonder if it will be an official recording. I was there that night and i'd love to relive it in high quality.

Dayvan Cowboy
Well regardless of who it is, I cannot find any info anywhere about what happened at the event.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Well regardless of who it is, I cannot find any info anywhere about what happened at the event.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VMNLhDsTS/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VtcZgBUZq/

Turns out it was a surprise !!! set, makes sense since they had a three day string of shows in Japan before this. Seems unlikely anyone else played with them but from the few clips I've seen their set sounded funky as fuck :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:
Echelon wrote:Well regardless of who it is, I cannot find any info anywhere about what happened at the event.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VMNLhDsTS/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VtcZgBUZq/

Turns out it was a surprise !!! set, makes sense since they had a three day string of shows in Japan before this. Seems unlikely anyone else played with them but from the few clips I've seen their set sounded funky as fuck :)

Like I said, I never put down any money when Geogandi bet me about BOC being there. But since my fandom is only three years old I still have optimism. My eyes are still bright but come 6 years with 2 more remixes and Chinook getting a wide spread release maybe not :P

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada