GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
rjohnny wrote:
Magrathea wrote:The fact that they have accounts in their name, instead of unified under one BOC has always left Me thinking they are not in the physical presence of one another on a regular basis, as if one was in Scotland and the other in the US or some such.

Just pure unhealthy speculative thoughts. Feel free to pan.

One of the bros moved to New Zealand during the time of TCH, I remember reading it in an interview.
Maybe now they're close again and so they decided to go further with LP5.

Don't know, just speculation.

If I recall correctly part of TH album was made in New Zealand..
I always was curious does this mean they work remotely and share music via internet?

Friendly Stranger
arvy wrote:
rjohnny wrote:
Magrathea wrote:The fact that they have accounts in their name, instead of unified under one BOC has always left Me thinking they are not in the physical presence of one another on a regular basis, as if one was in Scotland and the other in the US or some such.

Just pure unhealthy speculative thoughts. Feel free to pan.

One of the bros moved to New Zealand during the time of TCH, I remember reading it in an interview.
Maybe now they're close again and so they decided to go further with LP5.

Don't know, just speculation.

If I recall correctly part of TH album was made in New Zealand..
I always was curious does this mean they work remotely and share music via internet?

Yep, it's possible that they have shared DAW projects they're working on: they add things, edit other things, pack the entire project and share it.
At first I would say they use a cloud service to do it, but since they are old school fellas I'm more inclined to say that they probably use some private ftp server :mrgreen:
IIIRC they've been also listed as Logic Pro users.

Eagle Minded
waterbearos wrote:https://twitter.com/MikeSandison/status/1653772985268879360?t=nm1kz36drzfeCz7vZIeVtA&s=19

hmm

A strong first post.

hexagonFox wrote:
waterbearos wrote:https://twitter.com/MikeSandison/status/1653772985268879360?t=nm1kz36drzfeCz7vZIeVtA&s=19

hmm

A strong first post.

Did they outfox the fox? Deemed impossible!

Dayvan Cowboy
I do think they just change random settings on their social media accounts to see if people post about it on here.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Do we even know if this Mike Sandison Twitter account is legit? I'm not saying it's fake, but I'm yet to see evidence that suggests otherwise.

There's no official affiliation and it's never spilt the beans on anything, so why are we all assuming it's the big man? Don't just say "oh but but but Plaid and Lone follow it" cos that doesn't mean shit. I know someone who made a fake Aphex profile that's followed by OPN, Flying Lotus, Mike Paradinas and the accounts of actual festivals he's billed to play at. If you build it, they will come.

Eagle Minded
I feel like we should have every right to expect something significant in the next month. It has to happen now.

Posts Quantity
Sherbet Head wrote:Do we even know if this Mike Sandison Twitter account is legit? I'm not saying it's fake, but I'm yet to see evidence that suggests otherwise.

There's no official affiliation and it's never spilt the beans on anything, so why are we all assuming it's the big man? Don't just say "oh but but but Plaid and Lone follow it" cos that doesn't mean shit. I know someone who made a fake Aphex profile that's followed by OPN, Flying Lotus, Mike Paradinas and the accounts of actual festivals he's billed to play at. If you build it, they will come.

Important post.

Eagle Minded
It's only an important post if that's not Mike's Twitter.

Posts Quantity
Is the account real?
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
Today I bring you my latest and greatest hopium post. Enjoy...

https://twitter.com/WarpRecords/status/ ... 9875551233

New Warp release, coming 2023-07-01, and the vinyl available 2023-11-03 (quite a wait...)

So I was wrong in my prediction that the next Warp announcement would be towards the end of May, but it seems like Warp just keep pushing out more and more albums, lol. There's currently five Warp releases announced... Is that the most there's ever been at once? Warp tends to take a break from releases from mid June to September, and with how much they have on the go right now, I'm assuming that's going to happen this year as well.

That being said, they have had years in the past where they just keep releasing stuff through the summer, and so far, with this new album coming out in early July, maybe that will happen this year too.

Now I really don't know what to expect their next announcement to be... Or when, for that matter. I'm still confident in BoC releasing this year, because of mdg's message last June, but it could just be in the Fall now. That, or we're getting a continuous stream from Warp throughout the summer, and BoC is in there somewhere. The increased output from Warp could be due in part to the pandemic ending and finally being able to release a backlog they've had. Their CAT numbers in recent years have been all over the place. More so than usual. The Bibio represses were supposedly ready to go back in 2021, and a few copies even leaked to stores back then. James Ellis Ford's album is also amongst several that released in 2021, and the new kwes. soundtrack is between some 2022 albums...

Whatever's going on, I have to wonder if BoC are waiting to have the vinyls ready at the same time as the digital release. If so, that very well could mean that LP5 physical copies (or at least test pressings) already exist in this world, right now... :shock:
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:Today I bring you my latest and greatest hopium post. Enjoy...

https://twitter.com/WarpRecords/status/ ... 9875551233

New Warp release, coming 2023-07-01, and the vinyl available 2023-11-03 (quite a wait...)

So I was wrong in my prediction that the next Warp announcement would be towards the end of May, but it seems like Warp just keep pushing out more and more albums, lol. There's currently five Warp releases announced... Is that the most there's ever been at once? Warp tends to take a break from releases from mid June to September, and with how much they have on the go right now, I'm assuming that's going to happen this year as well.

That being said, they have had years in the past where they just keep releasing stuff through the summer, and so far, with this new album coming out in early July, maybe that will happen this year too.

Now I really don't know what to expect their next announcement to be... Or when, for that matter. I'm still confident in BoC releasing this year, because of mdg's message last June, but it could just be in the Fall now. That, or we're getting a continuous stream from Warp throughout the summer, and BoC is in there somewhere. The increased output from Warp could be due in part to the pandemic ending and finally being able to release a backlog they've had. Their CAT numbers in recent years have been all over the place. More so than usual. The Bibio represses were supposedly ready to go back in 2021, and a few copies even leaked to stores back then. James Ellis Ford's album is also amongst several that released in 2021, and the new kwes. soundtrack is between some 2022 albums...

Whatever's going on, I have to wonder if BoC are waiting to have the vinyls ready at the same time as the digital release. If so, that very well could mean that LP5 physical copies (or at least test pressings) already exist in this world, right now... :shock:

Very good points. To back that up we also had this article and Danny Brown mentioning it on his YouTube show (*That I think another user brought up here on Twoism a couple weeks ago)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/danny-br ... ta-3422389

dare I say September 30th... some times I feel like I missed something in the numbers... ill keep me mouth shut hahahah :lol: :roll:

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:

hmm

A strong first post.

Did they outfox the fox? Deemed impossible!

The Fox is getting old lol... thinking about retiring in a beautiful place out in the country :wink:

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:I feel like we should have every right to expect something significant in the next month. It has to happen now.

also this

Eagle Minded
I'm thinking 2024

Dayvan Cowboy
2023 50/50
2024 50/50

summer album 50/50
autumn album 50/50

Eagle Minded
just a reminder OPN Tweeted his tenth LP is coming in 2023 so that should be factored into Warp predictions as well
https://twitter.com/0PN/status/15986861 ... 35?lang=en

edit: also re the "Sandison Twitter" ... has anyone seen that picture of him before? He looks older than I'm used to seeing in pictures/I'ven't seen that one'f him before, so I wonder about that.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:I'm thinking 2024

Yeah sadly I'm starting to get cynical about this year. Warp did acknowledge BOC exist at least but this year is way too busy I feel to be able to accommodate BOC.

Which is fine by me. I always look forward to a new BOC release. Things will be a lot more boring once it's out haha
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I just want a date. I don't care if I have to wait another year.

Eagle Minded
It’s nothing… but bleeps last Instagram post made mention of them at the very bottom… don’t get excited.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada