GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
sixtyniner wrote:Image

If you ever needed any more proof that it isn't them controlling the social media account

Not sure how it proves anything. Especially since Mike and Marcus aren't mystical sages completely distanced from humanity. They actually have a sense of humor and this occult thing is stuff they like to mess around with themselves on their albums.

Honestly though, what's more likely is that it's MDG or someone of his like who operates the social media. Probably the reason he told me himself that "he doesn't have time to come on here anymore."

And if it's Hexagon Sun operating the twitter, they're literally answering our questions about a new album and the like, much like MDG did from 2006 to 2012.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
The fact that they liked a post mentioning Toynbee is actually one of the most BOC things ever
I was a kid

Posts Quantity
They liked my tweet: https://twitter.com/boctransmission/likes

So of course that means that we are now best friends, and I can expect a secret link in my DMs tomorrow for a sneak-peek at the new album. Lovely stuff.

Eagle Minded
I don't get the hate on the FB group about people getting excited over this...is it silly? Sure. Does it prove anything? Who knows...but also - what harm does it do to anyone?

Worst case scenario is it's not actually affiliated with the band and we all get our hopes up for nothing, again. Best case scenario we're seeing activity from a band that is notorious for not interacting like this.

Just keep scrolling and let people have fun.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:I don't get the hate on the FB group about people getting excited over this...is it silly? Sure. Does it prove anything? Who knows...but also - what harm does it do to anyone?

Worst case scenario is it's not actually affiliated with the band and we all get our hopes up for nothing, again. Best case scenario we're seeing activity from a band that is notorious for not interacting like this.

Just keep scrolling and let people have fun.

Sorry for the billionth post in this thread (I've been feeling bad ever since that one guy lashed out at me on here and told me to stop posting) but I just want to agree with this post.

I think we need a glass half full mentality here! It's been 7 and a half years since Tomorrow's Harvest and we have not heard a fully original BOC track since. What do we possibly have to lose for being hopeful?

Would you rather total silence from the band like what we've had to endure for years on end? Or their social media actually endorsing posts wanting a new album? Of course this is nothing new, but the volume of the likes is steadily increasing. We've gone from three or four likes and total silence for months on end to a few likes every 2 or 3 days. It's intriguing to say the least.

I'm going to choose to be excited but wary for the time being. It's not like we can have a big ARG during Covid anyway, I'd rather they endorse themselves this way instead.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I'm going to choose to be excited but wary for the time being. It's not like we can have a big ARG during Covid anyway, I'd rather they endorse themselves this way instead.

Pretty much 100% this. I'm not getting *too* excited yet, but I'm certainly not going to go out of way to hate on others who are! It's infectious, and, why the hell not?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:
Echelon wrote:I'm going to choose to be excited but wary for the time being. It's not like we can have a big ARG during Covid anyway, I'd rather they endorse themselves this way instead.

Pretty much 100% this. I'm not getting *too* excited yet, but I'm certainly not going to go out of way to hate on others who are! It's infectious, and, why the hell not?

Totally agree myself - it speaks to the tendency for people to gatekeep this band and frankly, it's all speculation on both sides. They're pushing 50 years old, with family, perhaps their ideas have softened a bit? I see no reason to talk down to others who think this may be a sign of good things. I also don't see anything wrong with being hesitant to believe it's anything of substance.

For me, personally, it is a lot of activity crammed into a few days compared to the past years of drips and drabs. I'd like to think there's something to that!

Dayvan Cowboy
I think someone should ask "Is something happening?" so we can lay this great debate to rest once and for all :wink:

On a side note, I was telling my non-BOC fanatic girlfriend about this and she said "Maybe their bunker finally got wifi." :lol:

Sherbet Head
Are you talking about the insanely badly laid out advert image?
Might as well add the random audio clip posted on reddit by some randomer to the speculation if you're getting excited about anything.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Are you talking about the insanely badly laid out advert image?
Might as well add the random audio clip posted on reddit by some randomer to the speculation if you're getting excited about anything.

The hoax advert has nothing to do with anything or anyone. I made it as a joke further back in this thread!

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:On a side note, I was telling my non-BOC fanatic girlfriend about this and she said "Maybe their bunker finally got wifi." :lol:

haha :D

Sherbet Head
bungler666 wrote:The hoax advert has nothing to do with anything or anyone. I made it as a joke further back in this thread!

OOPS, no beef man. ;)

I'm not one for looking into random hoaxes but I noticed that the audio clip is 66 seconds long, if that's intentional there must be another 6 lurking somewhere. Dunno.

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:
bungler666 wrote:The hoax advert has nothing to do with anything or anyone. I made it as a joke further back in this thread!

OOPS, no beef man. ;)

I'm not one for looking into random hoaxes but I noticed that the audio clip is 66 seconds long, if that's intentional there must be another 6 lurking somewhere. Dunno.

What audio clip? I haven't heard of that. Could you share the link?

Sherbet Head
This. does not seem to have much interest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... confirmed/

Boqurant
Read the forums for ages, but dont know why I never created an account before. I guess this thread may have prompted it, as I am half certain that reddit/clyp post has significance (or is a bloody good trolling attempt) and surprised no one is picking up on it, given the increased ‘activity’ and memories of the 2013 build up.

There are tonnes of layers to that drive by post. Like I said, its either a good troll (in which case, bravo) or something more...

Eagle Minded
bungler666 wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:Are you talking about the insanely badly laid out advert image?

The hoax advert has nothing to do with anything or anyone. I made it as a joke further back in this thread!

bungler ... I hate to say it ... but this whole advert thing may well turn out to be Twoism's very own homebrew QAnon.

Years from now radicalized suburban parents in their late forties (AKA aged Twoism members) will be listening to Syro claiming that, as far back as 2014, Warp was hinting at BoC vinyl represses.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Posts Quantity
I don't buy that Clyp link as genuine - probably a troll. I think the sound clip lacks a certain subtlety. It sounds like someone went down a checklist and went all in on what makes up a BOC song.

My memory is foggy regarding the 2013 buildup at this point, too. But hey, wouldn't mind being wrong.

Boqurant
That’s my fear, as I dont want to get too excited. But, something like that would take a while to prep (it is layered and well executed), and the timing seems interesting.

Posts Quantity
vonS wrote:That’s my fear, as I dont want to get too excited. But, something like that would take a while to prep (it is layered and well executed), and the timing seems interesting.

It's definitely intriguing, and not to say it's poor. I would love for it to be genuine. I heard some cool instrumentation in there but a bit heavy handed on the voice samples and other things. I don't put it past people to use situations like this to promote their work mysteriously and try to pass it off as BoC. Happens too often!

Boqurant
True. My rational side suspects its a clever trolling attempt or misguided homage. My irrational side wants a new album very much, and I would kick myself if it is a teaser/guide and gets overlooked.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada