GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I’m still not done with Tomorrow’s Harvest yet... it’s like people forget they just released that one.... if a new one came too soon... it would IMHO feel too soon or rushed

Boqurant
Patience... easier said than done though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:I’m still not done with Tomorrow’s Harvest yet... it’s like people forget they just released that one.... if a new one came too soon... it would IMHO feel too soon or rushed

Haha! Good one.

Posts Quantity
I still love Boards of Canada, but in the past year I've discovered lots of other artists in the electronic industry that I kind of lost interest and am just patiently waiting for new material but moved on with different people. Boards of Canada was pretty much my first ever electronica act that I ever tried out hence why I'm now into artists that I'm sure everyone here has heard for years now such as Plaid, Amon Tobin, Autechre, etc, while introducing people I know to lesser known acts such as Fila Brazillia and like, anything Steve Cobby related for that matter.

For someone new to this stuff like me though, I'm having fun with the other artists while coming back to this band for songs I like sometimes. I can see why with people who have listened to everything electronic the waiting can suck a bit and you've got nothing to do but be as patient as you can or make some speculations for fun. :P

I have to thank Boards of Canada for breaking my old bias towards electronic music, and hell, music in general due to me being familiar with the mainstream edm I mostly despise and liking very few pop hits that weren't from the era that I grew up in. I'm still a fan and can't wait to see where they go next, but for now, I haven't been checking back on old songs a lot since I've heard them so much and currently into different things.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Eagle Minded
Also just discovered “Plaid”.... I feel like I’ve lived under a rock... how on Earth did I miss this band all of these years.... lol

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
^
Hahahaha
Nice one

Sherbet Head
Josh wrote:
GeoDose wrote:Don't lose hope! I doubt the brothers are worrying too much about album sales, what with the size of the fan base and all. I'd be curious to know the vinyl sales figures for Aphex Twin's "Collapse EP," for example, but I'm sure they are healthy. The brothers have released so many amazing albums that the bar is set very, very high, and there's no way they're going to rush an album release before it's as close to perfection as possible.

I'm not losing hope if you mean I think they're done making music. What I'm basically saying is that the way we're used to consuming BoC might change because of the current landscape in the music industry. Would you be totally shocked if the next time you hear new BoC was in a film score? I mean a soundtrack to an actual film, maybe a theatrical release or maybe from one of the streaming platforms like Netflix. I wouldn't be that surprised. And it might be really cool, if done with the right collaborators. I'm just throwing stuff out there partially out of boredom, but also because I see other artists doing new things, looking at other avenues to create and distribute their work.

I also think the decline of the album format raises the chances of BoC actually getting out of the house and doing some live performances. That's something that many of us have been begging for, yeah?

Bumping this post for posterity's sake and because I still stand by my non-specific but plausible thoughts on BoC's future. :wink:

Eagle Minded
Interesting thoughts. I agree that you could potentially see some type of film score in the future, but I personally do not think it is likely that they will eventually put on some live performances.

Eagle Minded
Apple Music is displaying two happy cyclings on MHTRTC
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
On their Youtube, there is currently some strange artwork for their Hi Scores 2014 EP. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O ... mBWMZxfIsg). It seems to be some kind of pop song. Updated on 1/19 it looks like.

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:On their Youtube, there is currently some strange artwork for their Hi Scores 2014 EP. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O ... mBWMZxfIsg). It seems to be some kind of pop song. Updated on 1/19 it looks like.

I wonder if this is under the brothers control or if it's just YouTube's fault...
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
I would bet it is Youtube's fault or some type of glitch. They are far too meticulous about copyrights, it must be unintentional.

Really weird, though. I usually check through their Youtube to see when they update things (whatever that means in a playlist) and know for sure this was not always there.

Sherbet Head
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Sherbet Head
Can i ask why you linked to that particular tune?
Boards of Canada are listed on that site, maybe they have a remix coming up.
I don't know why so many glitches like this happen around Boards of Canada, But I mean there must be some reason it's not been fixed. I've never seen thumbnails on YouTube get randomly mixed up, it's usually up to the user to change thumbnails and stuff. Oh fuck I duno

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote: Oh fuck I duno

Neither do I.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Boqurant
Can playlist thumbnails on youtube be manually changed? Its very weird indeed. Although im going to put my money on it being a glitch.

Boqurant
Does anyone else feel like they'll experience some level of dissatisfaction when something new is released? i've always felt it to some degree with new aphex twin releases, and MUCH prefer his older stuff, although the new stuff always grows on me over time. I became a boards of canada fan just after TH so ive never experienced a new release yet. 526 pages of new release speculation and... what if its not what we expect? now im worried! (but also extremely excited)

Eagle Minded
Nope! The brothers wouldn't release anything without it being 100% of their heart and soul. They are perfectionists and I totally trust in their musical creativity. It will be incredible, maybe not exactly what we imagined, perhaps a different direction, but whatever they release will certainly pack a punch.

Sherbet Head
Must've read the two posts above a hundred times now.. In different forms I mean. Is there any heartfelt discussion left regarding the topic? Not really trying to complain here. They're working on it, people like older AFX more, TH is too depressing, Squarepusher is boring now, etc., it's always the same.. TH is very nonchalant about the world being strange at the moment. Modern AFX tries to do something new with shifting interests. I betcha BOC will do the same. I'd love to hear more acoustic music from them, or a 2 hour live show of mike jamming on the keyboard in boxers, peanut butter jelly sandwiches at the ready.. hoof it! If you like older AFX, you might be into RX-101. life is good, BOC are too slow. love. what a strange forum post this is

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada