GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Welp guys, one last week to go. This Friday we will either know the truth or we'll be groping in the dark for years to come.

Fingers crossed ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
And BOC have used private/unlisted videos in the past, for their TH rollout: “nuevas semillas” and “csch”—so I’m proper stoked for something is around the bend!

Excited!

Eagle Minded
Am I... getting my hopes up here?

Posts Quantity
Hoping for something!

Dayvan Cowboy
Reason to have hope: The Stereolab archival release is pushed back to the end of February. Can't tell me there's nothing from December to Feb 26. Plus it's archival, not a new music :D

Friendly Stranger
Perhaps the video was posted with privacy set to public and immediately set to unlisted when it was uploaded. I think/im pretty sure it wont show a blue dot when it’s uploaded with privacy settings unlisted or private while uploading.

There's no reason to set it to unlisted or private when it's already uploaded, when you have the option already during the upload phase.

Therefore, someone drew attention by later changing it later on.
Not sure if intentionally. But there is activity.

EDIT!!!
I tested it, made 2 accounts and let 1 subscribe to the other.
I posted a video on one account with unlisted privacy settings and i got the blue dot on the other account immediately when I refreshed on my phone.

This is legit.

Eagle Minded
What if... BoC actually release something this year?

What if this actually happens?

I'm trying so hard to lower my expectations but y'all aren't helping.

Friendly Stranger
2 Scenario's:

Or they posted an unlisted video. (And deleted it)

Or they posted a public video and deleted it. (The blue dot stays, just tested it)

Eagle Minded
Did anyone get any screenshots of this blue dot uploaded next to the Atalanta Fugiens channel?

I can't see it anywhere, is it gone now? If anyone got any screenshots please post.

Boqurant
i don't want to get my hopes up, and i don't normally have hope in these things.
but oh my god, please let this be real, please let a new album come soon.

Dayvan Cowboy
Black Box...Blue Dot. It's all come full circle now haha

Posts Quantity
I have a screenshot but I’m not sure how to use the IMG in this interface.

I just made a reddit post to make the image more accessible: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... ame=iossmf

Dayvan Cowboy
Everyone seems to be gravitating towards the 22nd because that's the date of the Pioneer's final transmission, which connects with the Pioneer Plaque on the Hell Interface banner.

If the banner really is a sign of something to come... Doesn't that suggest it will be BoC's final "transmission?"

Friendly Stranger
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Everyone seems to be gravitating towards the 22nd because that's the date of the Pioneer's final transmission, which connects with the Pioneer Plaque on the Hell Interface banner.

If the banner really is a sign of something to come... Doesn't that suggest it will be BoC's final "transmission?"

Potentially, I certainly hope not, though!

Draws me back to the quote "We will always be making music"

It is really a way of life for them, so I don't see why not even if beyond a future release, it is just the odd remix.
They will always leave their fingerprints on something, I am quite sure.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Everyone seems to be gravitating towards the 22nd because that's the date of the Pioneer's final transmission, which connects with the Pioneer Plaque on the Hell Interface banner.

I think they're blowing this popsicle stand. Probably won't stop making music but retreating from the public eye entirely after this. Probably to outer space with their kids :lol:

Though I'm hoping they give a positive message to humanity. There's so much to love about this world even in its sad state. Like music by thoughtful artists like them! :D

Eagle Minded
frankixus wrote:2 Scenario's:

Or they posted an unlisted video. (And deleted it)

Or they posted a public video and deleted it. (The blue dot stays, just tested it)

Or maybe Marcus is also using this as his personal youtube account and had to post a video of a dent in his Toyota to share with his car insurance company.
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
Can anyone provide a summary of the theory surrounding the last Pioneer transmission, and the gap between TCH and TH? is the SKAM stuff discussed back here related? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7374&start=12260
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Dayvan Cowboy
egbdf wrote:Can anyone provide a summary of the theory surrounding the last Pioneer transmission, and the gap between TCH and TH? is the SKAM stuff discussed back here related? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7374&start=12260

Back then, we thought Skam and the AMKS radio station was connected to the Hell Interface banner since they came out around the same time. But Skam came forward and said they weren't so disregard that entirely.

The Pioneer Satellite's final transmission (before it was lost in space forever) was on Jan 22. Jan 22, 2021 would be the same amount of time between Tomorrow's Harvest and a new album/project as TCH and TH minus a single day. BOC via MDG promised the wait would be shorter for the next release. And it would be....by a day. :P

Dayvan Cowboy
BoC did not promise the wait would be shorter.

That's one of those rumors that's been repeated over and over again with almost no evidence behind it. The only source is an offhand comment in a supposed email between Joyrex and MDG.

Even if Joyrex is telling the truth about that email (this is the same guy who claims to have the original R35TT with no proof), it's not even a statement directly from the band, it would be MDG relating their intentions second-hand. And, even if MDG was accurately relating a direct quote from the band, they've promised countless things in the past that never happened: a full movie scored by them, a Hexagon Sun book, a BOCset, a 2010 album release, etc. So I would take that with a fraction of a grain of salt.

The only thing 1/22 has going for it is the Pioneer Plaque connection.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada