GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote: I'm pretty glad that fourth square is still unknown!

I know. I was ready to pull a Hopekeeper! (And I mean that in all respect to him since his comment was definitely justified.) Kidding, but it should definitely serve as a warning for people like myself not to get so hyped up. Especially since there's been tons of let downs before.

Thanx Echelon... I'm complaining about BOC liking "everyone's" new album tweets (for almost 5 years now) instead of interacting with us deep true fans in some way, something that slowly but progressively leads to something exciting...

Dayvan Cowboy
♄ope keeper wrote:
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote: I'm pretty glad that fourth square is still unknown!

I know. I was ready to pull a Hopekeeper! (And I mean that in all respect to him since his comment was definitely justified.) Kidding, but it should definitely serve as a warning for people like myself not to get so hyped up. Especially since there's been tons of let downs before.

Thanx Echelon... I'm complaining about BOC liking "everyone's" new album tweets (for almost 5 years now) instead of interacting with us deep true fans in some way, something that slowly but progressively leads to something exciting...

I'm hoping the same one day. One day hopefully.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think they will release a new album anytime in the next two years. I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't seem like the type of release strategy that BoC would go for. I think the HellInterface banner change was a way for them to "check in" and let us know that they're still alive and well. I do think that the next album will be space themed though.

Dayvan Cowboy
debugDolores wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think they will release a new album anytime in the next two years. I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't seem like the type of release strategy that BoC would go for. I think the HellInterface banner change was a way for them to "check in" and let us know that they're still alive and well. I do think that the next album will be space themed though.

As soon as friends started sending me articles about Aphex Twin billboards showing up again, my mind quickly jumped to your line of thinking.

Welp, see you guys at Warp 40 for our next semi-new track! Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix :lol:

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
debugDolores wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think they will release a new album anytime in the next two years. I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't seem like the type of release strategy that BoC would go for. I think the HellInterface banner change was a way for them to "check in" and let us know that they're still alive and well. I do think that the next album will be space themed though.

As soon as friends started sending me articles about Aphex Twin billboards showing up again, my mind quickly jumped to your line of thinking.

Welp, see you guys at Warp 40 for our next semi-new track! Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix :lol:

we still have the 20th IABPOITC anniversary on Nov. 27th :( But agree, with this aphex stuff popping up it’s clear he’s releasing something soon. Still not a 0% chance, but it’s certainly close.
no information at this moment in time

Friendly Stranger
Today is the last ever flight of the 747. 10 years since Seven Forty Seven was released in the Warp20 boxset. Fits the question marks.

Re-release of Seven Forty Seven with something else on B Side (5D, Echus)?

Eagle Minded
The AFX stuff seems truly just to be an advertisement for the Bass Station 2 update by Novation, AFX could release something small along these lines like "Korg Trax" or maybe even "Cheetah". But I am not expecting it to be a new AFX album just yet. "Korg Trax" was also not released through Warp.
"Label: Korg"

I believe BoC will release sometime within' the next year, they know fans are hungrier then they have probably ever been, I dont believe they want to starve us for another 2 years, I could be wrong, but with recent events I just dont see that happening.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix :lol:

That would be sick tho.

Sherbet Head
demo wrote:The AFX stuff seems truly just to be an advertisement for the Bass Station 2 update by Novation, AFX could release something small along these lines like "Korg Trax" or maybe even "Cheetah". But I am not expecting it to be a new AFX album just yet. "Korg Trax" was also not released through Warp.
"Label: Korg"

The BS2 update has been out forever. Pretty sure this is something cooler.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Welp, see you guys at Warp 40 for our next semi-new track! Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix :lol:
Or the "Black Box" EP...consisting mostly of Magic Window outtakes :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:
Echelon wrote:

we still have the 20th IABPOITC anniversary on Nov. 27th :( But agree, with this aphex stuff popping up it’s clear he’s releasing something soon. Still not a 0% chance, but it’s certainly close.

Isn't the anniversary of Beautiful Place on the 17th? Also regardless, Warp don't seem to care because the Battles EP is being released on the 20th of November.

I have a feeling they'll be a few articles written on Beautiful Place and maybe they'll be retweeted by the official Twitter and that's it. I hate to say it, especially since I've been so optimistic in the last few weeks, but it seems BOC fans are getting the short end of the stick yet again.

But, I will keep watching AMKS regardless. That's my one hope in all this :) And to all you AFX fans on here, I'm glad you're getting some new stuff from him!

Dayvan Cowboy
ZosoCon wrote:
Echelon wrote:Welp, see you guys at Warp 40 for our next semi-new track! Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix
Too funny!

Fuck, maybe The Black Box was the Magic Window...

I think we've missed it.

Eagle Minded
The AFX thing turned out to be a hardware launch (which is awesome!). The Novation AFX Station seems to be a monosynth and we will get more info on it on the 20th.

So I don't believe ??????? will be a new Aphex Twin album

Friendly Stranger
dp wrote:
ZosoCon wrote:
Echelon wrote:Welp, see you guys at Warp 40 for our next semi-new track! Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix
Too funny!

Fuck, maybe The Black Box was the Magic Window...

I think we've missed it.

I´ve had this wierd glitch last week or so where there is allways one slot that is emty whenever I visit youtube. Im not suggesting that Hexagon Sun have hacked my youtube page or anything, just think its funny. I dont mind it, it gives me nice accociations :P

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi wrote:Haha, yeah, I really can't be arsed with anything else, I had no intention of even doing the last one to that degree, hence it being shit.
But like I said earlier on in the thread, I do plan on trying to make a legit sounding track from an album at some point, as a project just for the sake of arguments. But whenever that will be, i'll post it with the intention of being just that, no mystique.

Do you take requests? Why not make a leftover track from the Geogaddi sessions. Would be interesting to see how close you can get productionwise.

Apart from that, page 666 in this thread is getting closer. Maybe we could speed it up and see if something is happening.

Why not try and w
w
w
o
o
o
o
i
i
i
!
!
Sorry, just joking.

Sherbet Head
Already deep into a MHTRTC track, wrote and recorded all elements at the last weekend and now it's arrange and regurgitate. Depending how it comes out i'd be game to do a Geogaddi one.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Please do share!

Dayvan Cowboy
Geoghandi, I was actually thinking. Something you should do is come up with a "space" BOC track at some point. A "tradition" in the BOC community is to make a fake tracks for a new album before it's released. Apparently Headphase had a whole fake album made for it.

Who knows, we might create some good vibes by doing this and the hypothetical album will come out sooner. XD

Also, BOC did have a space track. I think Split Your Infinities makes me think of a VHS video depicting the infinite vastness of space

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Geoghandi, I was actually thinking. Something you should do is come up with a "space" BOC track at some point. A "tradition" in the BOC community is to make a fake tracks for a new album before it's released. Apparently Headphase had a whole fake album made for it.

Who knows, we might create some good vibes by doing this and the hypothetical album will come out sooner. XD

Also, BOC did have a space track. I think Split Your Infinities makes me think of a VHS video depicting the infinite vastness of space

yeah, except it got that FEMA vibe, which makes it also fucking grounded to this world. The whole TH, in my opinion, fels perfectly balanced between this world and beyond. It is almost like journey of the human soul, through time. seeing the changes and eventuall sundown of humanity. A soul which can not escape it eternal cycle.

Eagle Minded
What 'IF', there is never another Boards of Canada album? How would it make you feel if they publicly declared that this project is over? I ask this because there is something about Tomorrow's Harvest that completes the puzzle. Especially with the re release of the entire back catalog and the Hexagon iconography etc. Would it make you sad? Appreciative? Happy? You got to hear this great music. We all backed the right horse :)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada