GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:Also Tomorrow's Harvest is now on Bleep's homepage

and they retweeted this earlier today.
Still no official acknowledgement from Warp or BoC, though.

I predicted we're probably gonna get an acknowledgement tomorrow or Saturday. Even if it's Squids day, I'm sure they'll find a way to work something in just to appease nerds like me.

I also agree with you that the Hi Scores thing is probably part of a BOCset or archival project. You can't give us a complete collection if you don't own everything.

Still thinking the Pioneers Plaque might be the design/theme if they go archival on us.

Though the only downside, I feel, is if it's archival, it might be in the manner of Daft Punk's epilogue. A way to close the corners and end things!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
With the coincidence of TH anniversary, Canada wildfire smoke, Unknown origin craft whistle blowing and pioneer plaque.. And the rest of it.. I don't know it's just weird. It would be utterly rediculous to link it all together.. Pareidolia at its finest.. And synchronicity.. with some coincidence thrown in for good measure.. A perfect breeding ground for BoC induced psychosis and delusions.. Keep taking the meds, Don't quit anything cold turkey, Plenty of fresh air (if you have that luxury), fruit and exercise and stay hydrated peeps

Eagle Minded

its just a Chinese box man

New Seed
Tomorrow's the day, right? It has to be?!

Sherbet Head
Well they haven't done anything for an anniversary before so why now

Dayvan Cowboy
Yah I'm really not banking on anything mindblowing. Also predict that the BOC Twitter will like/retweet the Stereogum article and maybe like a few tweets about TH and/or new music

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:

In what world is Tri Repetae an ambient album? They could have at least picked Amber, but even that would be a questionable choice. Oxygène is also a confusing pick... SAW85-92 at least has "Ambient" in the title, but SAW Vol. 2 would make much more sense. Even Tomorrow's Harvest, I wouldn't call Ambient.

A good selection of albums, sure, but what a weird list to put them on :lol:

Oxygène ain't a confusing pick for me, I can see why it was chosen to be on the list. But I couldn't really pigeonhole it into a genre, it simply is electronic music!

(Stunning release though. J.M Jarre's truest ambience was Waiting for Cousteau which isn't for everyone's liking, even if you have the patience of a true saint to listen to Eno's Thursday Afternoon in full. :lol:)

Sherbet Head
I'll take that entire list and delete one single track

Green Calx

Posts Quantity
June 10th might just be a general retweet fest like they always do, but really only time will tell if it's anything notable.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Posts Quantity
qukk_ wrote:June 10th might just be a general retweet fest like they always do, but really only time will tell if it's anything notable.

Edit: also, Hi scores has disappeared from the official boc youtube account
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

luminousdusk wrote:Well they haven't done anything for an anniversary before so why now

I wouldn't say nothing:
- Bleep sends out a newsletter about MHTRTC's 25th anniversary, which included the quotes. "No, we don't know when the new BoC album is coming", and "Maybe create a hexagonal altar and pray for their return."
- Warp Records tweets about MHTRTC's 25th anniversary
- Bleep tweets about MHTRTC's 25th anniversary and adds a 25% discount of all digital items
- Physical versions are added to Boards of Canada's bandcamp account.
- Boards of Canada like 6 tweets and retweet 4 tweets relating to MHTRTC's 25th anniversary
- a merchandise section was added to the Boards of Canada artist page
- Boards of Canada adds a new profile picture
- Boards of Canada activate a 25% discount on their entire discography, in celebration of the upcoming MHTRTC 25th anniversary

All this happened around 2023-04-20. It might not be earth shattering, but hey it's something.

There it is: Warp/Bleep's first official TH10 anniversary acknowledgment:

Source: https://bleep.com/newsletters/weekly-ro ... -june-2023

Dayvan Cowboy

Let's have a party, sad I flush all my drugs in to the toilet, hiding from FBI and lizard people right now

A

L

I

E

N

S

:D

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Image

Let's have a party, sad I flush all my drugs in to the toilet, hiding from FBI and lizard people right now

A

L

I

E

N

S

:D

Yusss! Hard not to agree with these sentiments. Image

Sherbet Head
Lizzid peeple!

Eagle Minded
So now that Squid is out, Warp officially have fuck all on the horizon now. The only thing coming out that Warp has announced is a soundtrack by Kwes, that's it.

OPN, Kelly Moran and Danny Brown have all announced albums coming out on Warp at some point, but Warp has yet to officially announce any of them.

The dust around Warp has completely settled, all is quiet...

Boqurant
Released 10 years ago.. feels like it was yesterday. Giving TH a respectable spin right now. Love it, though it took me a while to get into this one. During the whole virus thing that happened, it played quite regularly on my walks and ways to work. Wouldn't want it any other way now. Unique and grim but still uplifting with certain tracks. That small vignette at the end of Transmisiones Ferox just gave me chills while writing this. Would go as far as to say that I like it more than TCH. Much love BoC and Twoism. Hope we all stay safe. <:)

Eagle Minded
What's the significance of Warp/Bleep posting about TH 10 year anniversary? Not understanding how any of this stuff is relevant to a new album.

Sherbet Head
belchmaster wrote:Released 10 years ago.. feels like it was yesterday. Giving TH a respectable spin right now. Love it, though it took me a while to get into this one. During the whole virus thing that happened, it played quite regularly on my walks and ways to work. Wouldn't want it any other way now. Unique and grim but still uplifting with certain tracks. That small vignette at the end of Transmisiones Ferox just gave me chills while writing this. Would go as far as to say that I like it more than TCH. Much love BoC and Twoism. Hope we all stay safe. <:)

Happy to have you here with us friend.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:So now that Squid is out, Warp officially have fuck all on the horizon now. The only thing coming out that Warp has announced is a soundtrack by Kwes, that's it.

OPN, Kelly Moran and Danny Brown have all announced albums coming out on Warp at some point, but Warp has yet to officially announce any of them.

The dust around Warp has completely settled, all is quiet...

Warp always releases archival work around this point like the Seefeel box set or the 20th anniversary of Squarepushers off label debut. Maybe if we're lucky BOC might be the band they do next.

Until then, happy 10th Harvest! Eleven eleven eleven!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada